InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Only One ❯ Chp.3~Welcome To The Club ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Only One

A/N: Heh, you guys must be pretty mad at me for not updating, huh? Sorry!!! Please, really, forgive me…! I grovel at your feet!!! L Thank-you for those who reviewed, you ppl rule!

Kojiro froze immediately. What had he just done? //I’m such an idiot, I’m supposed to follow them so why’d I come back to the cliff!?// He ground his teeth. //Stupid, stupid, stupid…// His thoughts wandered back to the girl he had encountered. //Kagome, she was…beautiful and full of spirit.// He closed his emerald irises envisioning their small meeting. //Her eyes were so blue…so innocent.// Kojiro smirked. //Unlike me, I’m the complete opposite of Kagome. I kill because I’m arrogant and crude, just like a demon’s supposed to be. It’s not my fault I’m a demon.// He thought of his half-brother Inuyasha. //Sesshoumaru hates Inuyasha but I’ve never even met him. Should I go through with my brother’s plans… I don’t want to hurt Kagome and I think the half-breed is close to her.// He nearly choked when he thought about it. //Why should I be jealous, it’s not like I’m in love with her, a dirty human.// Kojiro shook his head. //But she’s not dirty, she’s wonderful. Kagome… She smells like night-blooming jasmine and spring rain.// He practically purred when he thought about her scent. //And she’s beautiful, no, more than beautiful…ethereal…she can’t be real, it almost seems like she’s a ghost, but a living ghost, she’s too perfect.//

“Little brother, what is on your mind?” Sesshoumaru asked from the shadows.

“Huh? I didn’t sense you Sesshoumaru.”

“Clearly,” he brushed off his brother. “Why did you come back?”

“Why did you?”

“Because you did.”

“I’m sorry. I needed to think.”

“Of what?”

“I met the girl… I met Kagome.”

“Who? Our half-brother’s wench?”
“Yes. And she is not a wench…she’s pleasant.”

“Kojiro, I hope you did not fall in love with this girl.” Sesshoumaru said coldly.

Kojiro was taken aback by his brother’s hypothesis. //In love?// “No, of course not Sesshoumaru. I would never sink so low as to fall in love with a weak human.”

Sesshoumaru smiled, somewhat warmly. “Good, little brother.”

He nodded. //Yeah…//

***

Kojiro rounded a corner. He was going to deceive them. His half-brother’s little posse. It was so easy. Too easy. Kojiro was somewhat disturbed to as why he had to be the one to deceive them. Kagome more or less. He knew too well that the little group thought of his big brother as an enemy. //To compare him to a half-breed like that bastard Naraku. It’s sickening. Sesshoumaru is a great demon lord and an even greater brother.// He sighed. //At least to me…// Kojiro felt sympathy for Inuyasha even though he was going to kill him one way or the other. //Inuyasha was probably ridiculed all his life for being a half-breed. It’s sad.// He thought of Inuyasha’s human mother. She was beautiful he remembered. //Too beautiful for her own good. My father couldn’t contain himself. He always had a soft spot for humans, especially for the females.// He shook himself as he approached the small camp the group had put together.

***

Inuyasha sniffed the air and growled. “Kagome get behind me.” He motioned for her to stay behind him. She gave him a saddened look and obeyed. He grimaced a little. //Why is she givin me those pitiful looks…it makes me feel so damn guilty.// Inuyasha focused his attention on the task ahead and sniffed the air again. The scent of fresh forests and salty seas hit his nose full force. //Grrr, this demon smells too much like Sesshoumaru…too much like me.// He tugged at Tessaiga’s hilt and the small fang transformed into a giant sword. //I’m ready for ya demon.//

Kojiro stopped running when he saw Kagome. The very sight of her sent a storm through his body. He flashed a warm smile at the unknowing group that stood before him. //In defense mode.// He noted.

Kagome’s left hand was placed on Inuyasha’s shoulder. He had a sudden urge to want to growl at the physical contact but managed a small wave. Kagome’s face automatically lightened up and she waved back at him. //What’s he doing here, I wonder?//

“Hello Kagome.” Kojiro said taking a step forward.

“Back off demon!” Inuyasha yelled before charging at the intruder with his sword. Kojiro dodged it, barely. //He’s mastered the Tessaiga. Amazing. Inuyasha must have trained hard to obtain the wind scar and (A/N: fill in blank, I don’t know what the Tessaiga’s other power is. Tell me if ya know!!)// Kojiro drew his Temsaga from it’s red hilt and pointed it at Inuyasha warningly. His sword glowed dangerously, it in itself was red like the darkest color of blood as well as the hilt. It was encrusted with a gold handle and the very tip of it glowed brightly. But before Kojiro could threaten him with his sword Kagome interfered.

“Inuyasha, SIT!!!” Kagome yelled at him.

Inuyasha met the ground with his face. He grumbled something that resembled the word ‘bitch’ but Kagome ignored it and walked up to Kojiro. “I’m sorry Inuyasha attacked you, really it’s just that he thinks he has to attack anything that can moves and is a demon.”

“How’d you know I was a demon?” He asked clearly amused.

“That’s easy.” She said pointing her finger at his forehead. “Isn’t that the mark of royalty?” She asked as a matter of factly.

He grinned and shoved his thick bangs away from his forehead. “It sure is…Kagome.”

She blushed a little and reached out a hand to touch his forehead. “A green moon, it’s cute.” This made her blush even more and she drew her hand away from his forehead. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to touch it--I mean your royal mark…sorry.”

//She looks cute when she blushes like that.// “. . .”

“Uh, Kojiro, are you okay?”

“Huh, oh I’m fine.”

“So what are you doing here? I thought a great lord like you would have some beautiful castle to attend to.”

He smiled. “I do, but I decided that I’d like to come and visit you and your friends,” he said motioning to Miroku, Sango, Shippo, and Kirara.

She smiled. “Well that certainly is nice of you Kojiro.”

“I thought perhaps I could help you in your pursuit of gaining ‘jewel shards’ I think they’re called?”

“How’d you know we were searching for shards of the sacred jewel?”

“Didn’t you know? You and your friends are the talk of the towns. Everyone has learned about you’re admirable quest and I thought I could be of assistance to you.”

Kagome’s dark sapphire eye’s widened in wonderment. “Really, wow I had no idea.”

A large snort could be heard from a disgruntled Inuyasha. “So, why do you want to help us demon?”

“Please, call me Kojiro.”

“Feh, whatever.”

“I met Kagome yesterday afternoon and I thought it would be--”

“WHHHAAAATTTTT!!!” Screeched Inuyasha.

“No wonder Kagome took so long to go to the ’restroom.’” Miroku whispered.

“Yeah, I was wondering why you took so long.” Sango said.

Kagome blushed deep red. “It isn’t what you think…I was just…”

“Lost.” Finished Kojiro.

Kagome looked at Kojiro thankfully while she glanced at a furious Inuyasha. “Yeah, I got lost and Kojiro helped me find my way back.”

Shippo hopped on the handsome silver haired demon before the argument could get any roughter. “Hi! The name’s Shippo.”

Kojiro held out his hand. “Hi Shippo, do you like toys?”

Shippo nodded his head, vigorously. “Uh-huh.”

“Well,” Kojiro said slipping his claw behind the little fox demon’s ear. “Look what I found.”

Shippo’s eyes broadened as he looked at the yo-yo shaped toy Kojiro held in his fingers.

He drew a deep breathe. “…Cool.” Shippo took the treasured toy into his small hands and looked at it fondly. “Thank-you Kojiro.”

He set Shippo down next to him. Absently Shippo reached for Kojiro’s hand while he stared at his new toy.

Kagome gave Kojiro a pure happy smile. It took his breathe away. “I guess that settles it then. Welcome to the club.”

A/N: There ya have it my loyal fans, thank you for sticking with me!! Please review!