InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Only Second Best ❯ Broken ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ok because I am uber stressed and exhausted, this chapter might suck. Sorry. And I'm sorry it is so short. I just kinda lost steam.
unistar: ty again for your reviews
 
 
 
 
 
 
“You are the only one I could ever love!”
Kagome sat there, her eyes closed. A strange sound seemed to fill the air. It was like the tinkling of a delicate glass ornament breaking, except this sound was filled with pain. Kagome somehow knew that only she could hear the sound. It was the sound of a heart shattering after being cracked too many times. The sound of a girl dying from hopelessness. The sound of the world stopping for one brief moment to make a tribute to pain. Kagome could no longer cry. Her eyes were too full of hurt to cry. She was surrounded by utter darkness. Inuyasha appeared, a full demon, one of her arrows sticking from his chest. He held out a clawed hand to her, and she took it. He led her into the darkness. But then his hand faded, and she was left alone. Alone in the dark, with it pressing itself against her, filling her eyes, her mouth, her eyes, her very soul. Inuyasha slipped beneath the sticky blackness in her mind, and it covered everything. Draping itself over her emotions, clogging her thoughts, stopping her feelings. It was not the tranquil peace of sleep as it had been before. This time it was the blessing of apathy. The curse of not feeling, the solution to just not giving a damn. Life stopped as she too sank below into the black, a smile on her face. She was not breaking any more, she was broken. A favorite toy that was snapped in two, and so was thrown out. Which was exactly what she wanted. To be thrown out, and to die. To escape her stupid body, the one he didn't love, and be free. To her, death was the ultimate nothingness. And that was exactly what she craved.
 
She never knew where she found the strength to crawl though the bramble back to the well. Her arms were covered in scratches, and her clothes were in tatters. She staggered to the well, and threw herself in. Time rushed around her as she smiled that same smile of pain beyond pain. She landed painfully on her leg when she hit her well's bottom. She felt a giant CRACK and it collapsed beneath her. She didn't feel a thing. No pain, no hatred, no sorrow. She was free. In times of great need, some people will find themselves blessed with a strength they did not know they had. But this strength is fleeting, quick and once it has been used it will not come back. And so Kagome used it, used the last shred of her will to live, to claw up the well and up the stairs, and to collapse into the icy mud outside of the well house. And that was where Ms. Higurashi found her, in the rain, at the base of the well house, staring brokenly up at the starless sky with empty eyes.
 
 
 
(a.n. no it isn't over there will be another chap tomorrow.)