InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Only While Human ❯ Simple Conversations Part One- Inuyasha and Miroku ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha! I only own the story! But wouldn't it be good if I did own the show? Or the manga? Hmm… Anyway, I hope you enjoy! This kinda took me a long time to write. But besides my meaningless rambling, Inuyasha belongs to Rumiko Takahashi.

NOTE: Some parts of this chapter are really stupid… Don't mind them ^.^''

~~~~

Only While Human

Chapter Three: Simple Conversations Part One- Miroku and Inuyasha

<*>*<*>*<*>*<*>*<*>*<*>

Still laughing from what happened with Shippo, both Inuyasha and Miroku were clutching their stomachs in pain. Although they were laughing for a stupid reason, nevertheless they couldn't stop! Bit then it all ended after Miroku started coughing, afterwards clearing his throat.

"Ahem. Inuyasha?" Miroku's voice was still soft, shifting the position in which he was sitting to try and get to an area with no pain, saying his words again a little more louder and clearer.

"Yeah?" Inuyasha said, a couple seconds later speaking again as he looked down at himself then at Miroku. "Damn, we're such idiots sometimes."

"How so?"

"Like now, laughing for really no good reason at all, stupid!"

"Yes, good point. But anyway… as said earlier, I wish to speak with you."

"Speak? Every time you simply 'talk' to someone, Miroku, you end up asking them to bear your children! I'm a man, and there's no freaking way you're going to lead me into your bed or wherever your sleeping tonight!" Inuyasha screamed, sounding like as if he was panicking. His looks might've changed, but his attitude sure didn't. Well, at least I think not ^.^''

Miroku sighed, once again crossing his arms across his chest. 'Why is it that Inuyasha is only nice to Lady Kagome when he's in his human form?' he thought. "What makes you say that? You should at least know by now that I'm straight, also that my feelings are strongly aiming towards Sango."

"Yeah, whatever," Inuyasha huffed, turning his attention to Miroku, suddenly realizing what he was saying. "Oh, sorry… Don't know what got into me there."

"Wait… You don't have feelings for me, do you?"

"No way in hell, monk!" (A/N: Sorry…I just had to add that in.) "I was just joking."

"Of course. But like I was saying…I wanted to have a conversation with you also."

"Of what?"

"Oh, I don't know… Battle? World? Weather? Demons? Naraku? Time? Relationships?" Miroku asked, emphasizing the last word (A/N: The last word being 'Relationships'), Inuyasha catching the drift.

"What about relationships?"

"Well, you always seem so confused." Miroku then stood, walking over to Inuyasha and sitting down in front of him. "All of us (meaning him, Sango, Kagome and Shippo) can understand what type of situation you're in. We know your feelings about Kikyo and Kagome."

"You don't know anything…" Inuyasha mumbled under his breath, a frown spreading across his face as he stared down at his feet, knowing that Miroku wouldn't stop until he got the kind of answer he wanted.

"What do you mean, Inuyasha? That we don't know anything? I, for one, think we know plenty enough." Miroku gave his friend a cold glare, to Inuyasha feeling like gazed eyes burning against his bare flesh, giving him a stinging feeling.

"I don't know, okay?!" Inuyasha screamed, throwing his hands down hard onto the wooden floor, making the hut shake in the process as he almost splintered the wooden floor. "Both Kagome and Kikyo are important to me! You know that!" Miroku sighed, he already knew this! Seeing that his friend was getting more madder by the second, Miroku tried to stay calm, thinking of any questions he could ask, or even if he should ask any more questions at all. "And, so you don't ask, I don't know who I like better!"

"Well, Inuyasha, I thank you. You answered my question before I really even had the chance to ask it. You really are a nut job in a predicament."

"W…What the hell?" Inuyasha once again screamed, his black hair falling in front of his eyes as he stood and lunged forward at the monk.

"Oh, God!" Miroku shouted in reply, quickly getting to his feet and dodging Inuyasha who would've hit him if he didn't move, grabbing his staff in the process. "Ghastly! What has gotten into you all of a sudden?"

Although it was useless, Inuyasha turned around and grabbed the handle of the Tetsaiga, letting the blade fall free from its sheath as it fell to the floor. Grunting, he turned on his heel and once again sprang at Miroku, who was whirling his staff around in small circles, making an almost invisible barrier around himself. But unlike the one he had made for himself and Inuyasha with Gatenmaru, this barrier was different. Unknown to Inuyasha, this barrier's walls were made of energy and shockwaves.

"I wouldn't be talking, Inuyasha!" Miroku screamed, jumping backwards along with his completed barrier, only looking like a bubble surrounding him. "At least I'm positive on who I want in my life, not like you who only causes confusion!" Those words angered Inuyasha. He growled in frustration as his grip tightened over the Tetsaiga's handle, once again leaping at Miroku who just stood still, showing no hint of moving at any time.

A cry of both pain and shock emerged from Inuyasha's mouth as he forced the un-transformed blade of the Tetsaiga down hard onto the barrier, possibly thinking there was a chance that he could break it. Miroku stood in awe for why his friend had done something so stupid, not even a millisecond later the room lighted up and energy sparks flew from the barrier's wall, cracking like lightning in a thunderstorm. Pain took over inside Inuyasha, once again screaming as he squeezed his eyes tightly shut, energy sparks collected around him, forming his own little bubble around him. Seconds later the bubble threw itself against the wall, knocking off splinters of the wooden walls. "You try to get with every woman you meet, bastard! God, you don't know how hard it hurts people! Take Sango, for example… She doesn't even know how to act around you anymore! She's afraid you're going to do something stupid! At least I only have to choose between either Kikyo or Kagome!"

The walls once again shook, the ceiling acting as like it was about to cave in. A hard piece of wood fell from the ceiling in the other room, landing on the sleeping Shippo's head. Obviously this was all that Shippo knew about anything at the moment, for he was up in less than a second, tears escaping the corners of his eyes as he rubbed the small bump appearing on his head. "Owww…" he said, suddenly noticing that the hut had been in a more poorer condition than before, with splinters of the wood knocked off from almost every wall, not even noticing at the time the feud going on between Inuyasha and Miroku in the other room. "Inuyasha, Miroku!" Shippo screamed as he stood and ran into the other room, just barely missing an attack launched by Inuyasha who was standing with his feet planted in the ground, trying to keep his balance.

"Keep out of this, Shippo! For your own safety!" Miroku called out to Shippo, once again dodging Inuyasha, glad that he was only human for the night or by now he might've been dead.

Shippo only nodded, screaming once more as he put his hands atop of his head to shield the falling pieces of the wood, running out of the hut. "Sango, Kagome!" Shippo screamed as he got outside and ran down the stairs that lead to the grass, looking around. Shippo frowned as he heard no reply from either Sango nor Kagome, he only saw grass and trees. "I have to go find them!" And with that Shippo took a deep breath, running into the woods, not sure where he was going. 'Kagome, Sango… Where are you two?'

~~~~

Yay! After about a week, I finally finished chapter 3! Lol, I kept on getting writers block! But, hey, we all get it sometimes! This was my first time writing a battle scene, and it was a little challenging picking attacks since for the night Miroku would actually be more stronger than Inuyasha. And I had to remember that this was taking place inside of a 2-room small hut -although it seems to keep on getting bigger and bigger-, so it was quite complicated. I'm not sure if I'm pleased with this chapter or not… It all depends on what you guys think!