InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Opportunity ❯ The Beginning of The End ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

She didn't even have the courage to say good bye to them. She could not stand to see their hurt expressions as she was leaving for good. Instead, she wrote two letters: one addressing all of her friends and the other written to him. She kissed each of the letters and left them where her sleeping bag once laid. She looked over at her sleeping companions one last time and scurried out of Kaede's hut before he woke up. `I am such a coward,' she thought as she ran toward her destination: the Bone Eater's Well. She approached the well and sat down on the edge. She pulled out the now complete Shikon no Tama and stared at it with utter silence.
The battle was over.
`I should feel relieved…but this small jewel caused nothing but pain to everyone,' she thought as she rolled the jewel between her fingers. `Shippo, Sango, Kohaku, Kouga, Miroku, Kikyou…..Inuyasha.'
`Inuyasha…' That name alone sent shudders down her spine. `He did not stop calling out for her even as she fell down that cliff...breaking my heart yet again.'
Kagome knew what she had to do in order for her true love to be fully happy. `Wish for her to come back so he can have his true love by his side.' That's what he wanted right? To be with his true love, Kikyou? She looked over her shoulder into the depths of the Bone Eater's well. `Yes that's what he wants and as long as he is happy….'
Kagome began to cry. `That's all I've ever wanted. To see him happy even if it's not with me.'
Once Kagome reached her era, she broke the jewel off the chain and stared at it one final time. `I need to do this before Inuyasha wakes up. I need to do this because…I love him.'
She grasped the jewel in between her hands and bent her head to make her wish. “I wish to restore Kikyou to the land of the living. Inuyasha deserves to live with the woman he loves. Please Midoriko…grant my wish and allow Inuyasha a life he deserves with her.”
The jewel began to glow with intensity even as Kagome began to sob heavily. She felt the power of the jewel come to life in her hands. She heard a voice, “Kind miko...” Kagome looked up to see Midoriko herself and was at awe.
“Thank you, miko,” she claimed. “The purity in your wish has forever purified the jewel. I fear I do not have much time; however, do not fret. Soon an opportunity will come for you to choose and your decision will affect your life forever.”
“Wha...opportunity?” Kagome asked, bewildered.
“Yes,” Midoriko answered. And with that, Midoriko faded from Kagome's sight.
Author's Note: I do not I do not claim any rights to InuYasha or the characters associated with the anime/manga. Those rights belong to Rumiko Takahashi.
Sorry, this is my first fanfic so please be kind :3
Any suggestions, etc are surely welcomed.
~raeyasha