InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Our Love Affair ❯ Lust ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Warning: This fic contains strong adult contents. It won't be as graphic as an NC-17, but there will be sex, so use good judgment.

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or any of its characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.

Our Love Affair

Chapter 3: Lust

By Cataluna

The endless rolls of numbers were starting to blur together. With a loud groan, Kagome all but slammed the latest financial report to her desk, before sinking back into her chair. She could already feel the onset of a headache coming at full force, and it didn't seem like she would be taking a break anytime soon. She swiveled on her chair to gaze outside her window. The sun was beginning to set, painting a soft pinkish glow across the sky. Its rays filtered in between buildings, reflecting light from one window to another.

The corners of her lips lifted, releasing a small sigh of contentment at the same time. It was truly the best view money could buy. Her new office was located in the highest floor of one of the tallest skyscrapers in Japan. She could see practically all of Tokyo from where she was sitting. Quite literally, she was at the "top of the world." She took the pen out from her hair, releasing the tightly coiled bun. She ran her fingers through her locks a couple of times to smooth the snares. Her naturally straight hair had long ago turned wavy from the constant constraint. Preferring the conservative and mature look, she was rarely seen without her hair up.

Along with the key to this office, her grandfather had handed the entire company over to her last week at the board meeting, so that he could concentrate on his health. The board members had accepted her promotion as their new CEO warmly, but she could feel that some were a bit hesitant because of her age. Kagome rolled her eyes and let out a groan. `And the fact that I'm a woman.'

She stuck the pen in her mouth, grinding on the hard plastic to work out the tension in her jaws. It wasn't that she didn't like or appreciate her job. She loved the challenge, and the excitement that came with running one of the most successful companies in the world. It was just a bit overwhelming to suddenly have so much responsibility weighted upon her shoulders. Everyone was counting on her, or watching her closely for any slipups.

And to make matters worse, Sesshoumaru barely had time out of his hectic schedule to see her. He was just as busy as she was, having to go through the details of this merger with a fine toothcomb. When they finally had time set aside for each other, they would start to connect only to get interrupted by some business emergency. She estimated the actual time they had spent together added up to around four hours. It was one of the woes of being and getting married to a CEO. She stared at the chewed-up tip of the pen in disbelief. `That and high blood pressure.'

The phone on her desk began to ring and flash simultaneously. She threw the pen under her desk and pressed the speaker button. "Yes?"

"Ms. Higurashi, Mr. Fukumori is here to see you."

Her eyes flickered to the clock on the wall. She smiled. For once he was early. She smoothed down her hair, and straightened up her suit, making sure not a wrinkle was in place. "Send him in." Her finger left the button briefly before pressing down on it again. "By the way, why don't you take the rest of the day off."

"Thank you Ms. Higurashi," her secretary replied.

The smile dropped from her face when the door swung open. She did not expect the younger of the Fukumori brothers to walk in with his jacket draped casually over his broad shoulder, and a briefcase in one hand. "Inuyasha," she gasped, and tucked a loose tendril of hair behind her ear. "Wh-what are you doing here?"

Without saying a word he shut the door quietly behind him. Moving with the grace and power of a lion on the prowl, he walked towards her until they were separated only by the width of her desk.

To Kagome, it was like the desk was never there to begin with. The intensity of his stare left her feeling raw and exposed. It served as a blatant reminder of their previous encounters, and the effect he always managed to have on her. She fidgeted in her seat, resisting the urge to run and hide. "What are you doing here?" she repeated.

He frowned at her persistent questioning, and set his briefcase down on her desk. "I'm here to help you."

"I thought he was supposed to come."

Inuyasha shrugged and sat down in front of her. "Something came up, he's going to be out of town for a few days. So I'm taking his place." Noticing the look of disappointment on her face, "You should get use to the fact that he's a fucking workaholic. There's two things he loves, money and power…meaning you're going to be third on his list."

She clenched at the edge of the desk, knuckles whitening with each word he tossed out at her. His words stung, mostly because it was something she had suspected and did not want to admit. "I don't need your concern in our affair," she hissed out through her teeth.

He crossed his arms. "Just thought I should warn you…you deserve better."

The last part came to her as a surprise, causing her grip on the desk to loosen. Her cheeks flushed while wondering his implication. "Who?" she dared to ask, her voice sounding small and shaky.

He simply gave her a look in reply that caused her chest to constrict and her mouth to go dry.

<><><><><><><><> <><><>

Her fingers massaged her temples in an attempt to alleviate her headache-turned-migraine. Was it her imagination or was the clock ticking extra loudly on purpose? She rummaged through her drawer for a bottle of extra-strength Advil, and gave a loud cry of triumph when her hand at last made contact with the bottle. Realizing that he was watching her every move, she stopped in the middle of twisting open the bottle, and shot a glare in his direction. "What?"

He raised his brows at her, setting the document down from his hand. "Come on," he stood up and grabbed her hand from across the desk.

Startled by the warmth of his hand suddenly seeping to hers, the bottle of Advil fell noisily to the floor. "Where are we going?" She tugged at his hand, trying to get loose.

He held on, refusing to yield, the corner of his eyes crinkling in amusement. "It's a surprise."

The "surprise" turned out to be his motorcycle.

She stared at it suspiciously. One finger guided down the curve of the smooth metal, looking for flaws that could possibly pose a threat to her life. She had never ridden in anything like that before. There would be no seatbelts, no sheets of metal surrounding her from all sides. "Are you sure it's safe? How long have you been riding this thing?" she questioned, feeling a bit silly.

Inuyasha chuckled and handed her a helmet. "I've been riding since I was seventeen. You know, you worry too much. I wouldn't dream of endangering my brother's fiancée; he would cut my head off." He climbed easily on his bike and revved the engine. "Get on," gesturing with his head.

`I can't believe I'm doing this,' she thought, while putting on the helmet. She should be asleep in bed or working at the office, instead of going for a joyride like a stupid teenager. She had to hike up her skirt quite a bit in order to straddle the back of his bike. Finally settling, she held on to his torso with timid apprehension.

Inuyasha sighed and grasped the tiny wrists at his sides.

"Inuyasha?"

He tugged, pulling her body forward until she was pressed against his back. "You're fucking stupid to think you can hang on like that," he scolded, and clasped her hands together in front of him. He waited until she was fully adjusted to her new position before moving the vehicle.

She had to admit that he was right to call her "stupid." At the speed he was going she felt as though she would fall off at any moment. She wanted to bury her face behind his back, but the helmet made it impossible for her to do it. Instead, she squeezed her eyes and tightened her hold on him.

He smiled to himself and accelerated, causing her to hang on to him even more desperately.

"Y-you don't have to go so fast you know," she finally shouted.

"Keh. This isn't a station wagon you know. It was meant to go fast. And open your eyes. Don't be such a wimp, you'll enjoy it more."

"Hmph," taking his advice, she slowly opened one of her eyes to the deserted road up ahead. "Wow," she exclaimed in amazement, and pressed closer to his back in order look over his shoulder. "So are we just going to ride around or do you actually have a place in mind?"

"You'll see."

<><><><><><><><> <><><>

"Wow," Kagome cried out for the second time tonight. Inuyasha had driven them to the top of a cliff around 10 miles outside of "civilization." She cringed her neck to stare at the millions of stars shimmering down at her. Living in the city for so long had almost erased her appreciation for the beauty of nature.

"This is my favorite spot to relax, to think." He sat down "Indian style" on the ground, not caring about getting his suit dirty, with one hand propping up his chin, and the other tugging at the grass by his hand.

"It's beautiful…just what I need," her face broke into a huge smile as her saucer-sized eyes tried to take in the entire scenery at once. She sat down beside him, legs folded to the side. "I seemed to be saying this a lot lately, but thank you."

"Keh," he snorted, but she could see a small tug of smile on his lips.

She shut her eyes and rubbed at her stiff neck, which was the direct result of long hours at the office. Her eyes reopened with the feel of hair being gathered into a low ponytail. "What are you-?"

Sweeping her mane to the front of her chest, "Shh…" His hot breath grazing her naked neck caused her to tremble and the feel of his hands on her shoulders made her rigid in anticipation. "Relax," he commanded. His hands moved to her waist to seat her in between his legs. "You're too tense."

Her head moved mutely in agreement. She inhaled deeply, willing for her body to loosen despite the fact that she was practically sitting in his lap.

He began to apply light pressure on both sides of her spine, starting from the base and slowly sliding his hands upward. He was gentle and firm at the same time, giving her aching muscles around her lower neck and shoulders just the right combination of heat and strength. His thumbs dug deep in between her shoulder blades, and his other flexed rhythmically, kneading at the build-up knots of muscles. Within minutes, he had her rolling her shoulder and arching her back in sync with each squeeze.

"Better?"

"Mmm…" She hadn't felt this good in ages.

Finding no more knots that needed to be loosened, he drew his finger slowly and gently down her back, not applying any pressure, just tracing little patterns. The massage was over but he did not intent to stop. He wanted an excuse to touch her, and give her a reason for him to do so.

She noticed that he was no longer working at the muscles on her back; he was simply touching her. Feather light caresses here and there, making her wonder if they were ever there to begin with. The quickening of her breath and the fluttering in her stomach convinced her they were. Her teeth caught her lower lips when his arms crossed the front of her shoulders, bringing her back against the solid of his chest, and his face dipped to the curve of her neck.

The more he touched her, the more he wanted her. They were playing a game, a dangerous game. She was pretending to be oblivious, and allowing his hands to wander. And he was seeing how far he could go before she would end it. He inhaled her scent and let his lips bristled the fine hair on her neck, while his hand ran lightly up and down the length of her arm. He smiled as her body betrayed her, letting him know that this was not one-sided. Her skin was becoming flushed and hot to the touch, while her breathing was growing more rapid.

The back of his hand gently stroked the left side of her cheek, causing her to turn slightly in his direction. He froze in his movement before traveling down her jaw line, catching her chin to make her face him. She gazed shyly up at him from between her lashes with her heart pounding insanely against her chest. At the darkening of his eyes, her tongue darted out anxiously to wet her dry lips, unconsciously bringing them even more into his focus.

"Kagome," he murmured softly.

It was absolutely wicked the thoughts she was having about him right now, the man who was to become her brother-in-law. She turned her head a little at the last possible moment so that he was only able to catch the corner of her mouth, hoping it would lessen part of their sinfulness. The part where his lips had managed to graze tingled, while the neglected area throbbed with envy. She stared guiltily at her lap, hating herself for her weakness.

He lifted her chin again. "Kag-"

"So are you and Sesshoumaru close?" she asked forcefully. She didn't want to use his name like that, but it was the only way.

As expected, he released her and dropped his arms to the sides. "We used to fight a lot back then, when we first found out we were brothers. Now we've learned to get along for the most part. Things are better, but we're still not close. We'll never be close." He stood up. "Let's go."

<><><><><><><><> <><><>

She stripped off her clothes and lay in bed, welcoming the coolness of the silk against her bare back. Even now, her heart was racing. She pressed a hand to her chest in a feeble attempt to soothe it. It was as though he was lying next to her, tracing at the hollow of her spine, kissing the bend of her neck. She bit her the inside of her cheeks, and shifted to stare at the moon hanging outside her window.

The pale globe along with the stars had served as witnesses to the events of the night. They had watched the offering of her neck and the opening of her mouth to a silent moan as he placed soft kisses along her hairline. They had seen the desire in her eyes when he had lifted her chin to kiss her. She imagined that they were appalled by her action.

She turned to the side, hiding her face from the moon's accusing glare. Inuyasha had refused to look at her even when she was handing back his helmet. He'd simply muttered a quick "good night" before speeding off. She couldn't tell if he was more hurt or angry by what she had done. How did her life get to be so complicated? And when had she become such a horrible person? She was marrying one brother and lusting over another.

Sleep did not come easy for her that night, for he was all she could see every time she closed her eyes.

Her heart would not allow her to forget.

<><><><><><><><> <><><>

A/N: *hugs everyone* Thank you for the great reviews. I wish I can thank you all individually. This chapter was supposed to be much longer, but the second part was taking me a while to write, and finals' coming up. I didn't want to make you guys wait too long or give up hope.

I will no longer be sending out update emails. It takes way too long to look through the reviews, and I'm not sure everyone wants them. So if you want to be notified go here http://cataluna281.notifylist.com/ola.html and sign up.

Regarding Sesshoumaru, he's very observant but in business sense only. He hasn't been with too many women because of his busy schedule. Also, he thinks Inuyasha is beneath him, so he could never imagine that Inuyasha would make a play for his fiancée. Don't worry; Fluffy will be in the next chapter.