InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Resolved ❯ Finished Forever ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4 Finished Forever
 
Kagome is stunned. She watched as Inuyasha took Kikyo's hand. Kikyo embraced him in her arms. She watched as the portal to hell slowly took them down. She didn't know what to do.
 
“Kagome,” Miroku said. She turned to him. He coughed. “You need to stop him.”
 
“How?” Her mind thought. He willingly took Kikyo's hand. He wants to go with her to hell. What could she do to stop him?
 
“Call his name,” Miroku said in his weak state.
 
“Would it work?” Kagome thought. She gripped her shoulder that was bleeding. Tears poured from her eyes. She bowed her head.
 
“Call his name,” Miroku repeated, “with all your heart. He will hear you.”
 
“With all my heart?” Kagome thought. She felt her heart skip a beat. It throbbed with ache for Inuyasha. She couldn't let him go. With all her heart she had to call for him. She loved Inuyasha. His place was here not in hell.
 
She raised her head with resolve. “INUYASHA,” Kagome cried.
 
Miroku let go a weak smile. He hoped that it would work.
 
Inuyasha still didn't react.

Kagome frowned. “INUYASHA,” she cried again.
 
This time Inuyasha reacted. He let go of Kikyo's hand. He moved away from her embrace. He jumped back.
 
Across Kikyo's face is a smile. She leaves alone with a happy face.
 
“Kikyo's gone?” Inuyasha thinks. He is too shocked to think of anything else. His mind is blank.
 
“Kagome…” Miroku said. “It may be some time until Inuyasha gets back to normal so until then let's check on the others.” He tries to sit up.
 
Kagome reawakens.
“No, you stay still, Miroku. I will go check on the others,” Kagome says. She looks over at Sango and Kohaku. She knows that they are dead. New tears fall down her eyes.
 
“I'll check on Shippou,” she says. Kagome runs all the way to where Shippou is. He is in the arms of Rin.
 
She falls down. She takes the kitzune cub into her arms. She places him to her chest. His eyes are dead. His body is still. He shows no signs of life. She weeps for his loss.
 
“He saved me,” Rin says to her. She is kneeling in front of Kagome. The young girl cries.
 
Kagome opens her arms up and embraces the girl along with her dead friend.
 
“It was his wish,” Kagome says trying to sooth the young girl. It didn't stop their tears though.
 
Koga rolls over. He sits up shakily. He is able to move a little. He feels helpless though.
 
Kagome is crying over the loss of her friends. She has suffered a great loss. Her friends Shippo, Sango, and Sango's brother are dead. Inuyasha's first women went to hell. Another friend Miroku is on the edge of death.
 
“Koga?” Ginta asks.
 
“Shut up,” Koga snaps. He is frustrated at his inability to do anything. He should have at least tried to crawl to help the situation. At least then maybe Kagome wouldn't have suffered so much. He had watched it all. He did nothing. He bowed his head.
 
Inuyasha is still so much very out of it. Kikyo is gone for good. His first love is gone. He didn't get to say good bye. They had once again parted ways.
 
Rin moves from Kagome's arms.
 
“Rin?” Kagome says. She didn't know why the girl left her arms.
 
“Sesshomaru?” Rin says.
 
The realization passes Kagome's mind. Sesshomaru could save him with his sword that his father left him. He could use Tenseiga. Sesshomaru could save them all almost all except for Kikyo. Her eyes briefly looked at Inuyasha. He is still lost.
 
She stood up and took Rin's hand. Rin grabbed it both with tears still flowing. Sesshomaru wasn't the type to act on anyone else's desires but maybe with Rin there he would. At least Kagome hoped he would. She would do whatever he asked to save her friends.
 
They walk the short distance to where Sesshomaru is resting on the ground. He isn't to far from where Jaken and his beast laid. He doesn't look up. His head is pointed down. Blood is no longer pouring from his wound it is almost healed. He is a full demon so his wounds heal quite fast.
 
“I can't do anything,” he finally says to them acknowledging them.
 
“Sesshomaru?” Rin pleads to him. She falls down and touches his knee.
 
“There is nothing for me to do,” he says again. His voice seems different gentler. Maybe he is always this way near Rin.
 
“Why not Sesshomaru?” Rin pleads.
 
He looks up at her. His eyes are different they are not as cold. Kagome just stares at him not sure what it all means.
 
“I broke Tenseiga,” he says. He stands up. “I can't bring anyone else back.”
 
Rin just stares at Sesshomaru not knowing what to say.
 
Kagome's mouth touches her mouth. She falls to her knees with her dead friend in her arms still. Her last hope is dashed from her.
 
Sesshomaru moves over to the dead body of his pet Ah and Un. He binds down and closes their eyes. He knows that they are gone. It is shameful for him not being able to protect them. They were a good companion.
 
He moves onto the demon that followed him unquestionably. Jaken is barely alive. He bends down near them.
 
“Sesshomaru-kun you're still alive,” Jaken says. He tries to smile but he can't. He is on the border of death. “I am so glad.”
 
“Foolish,” Sesshomaru says. He never understood why Jaken followed him. He looks to Jaken. A single tear rolls down his cheek.
 
Jaken smiles and dies.
 
Inuyasha is still in a state of shock.
 
“Kagome?” Miroku calls to her. The pain is too much for him. He finally feels the cold. He knows he is about to die. He wants to die. It is his fate. He could also be with her.
 
Kagome looks to Miroku. She had a friend left. She would do everything in her power to not lose him. She walks over to him and sits down.
 
“Shippou?” Miroku chokes out.
 
“He's resting,” Kagome says to him. “We should see to your wounds.”
 
“There's no point Kagome,” Miroku says.
 
“Don't be silly Miroku. We need to help with the poison.” She wipes away tears.
 
“Kagome the cold…” Miroku says his voice trailing off.
 
Kagome takes his hand. There is no warmth. He is able to give her one last squeeze before he slips away.
 
Miroku dies.
 
Fresh tears spill from Kagomes eyes. She sets down Shippou near him. She had lost everyone. She had lost everyone important to her.
 
She felt something at her back. She turns. It's Kirara. She must also feel alone after her masters lost. She hadn't left her side until now.
 
Kagome throws one arm over Kirara hugging her. She barriers her face into her fur crying more. She had never felt so lost before.
 
Kagome has cried for a long time. No one could comfort her. Koga sat ideally by just watching her. Inuyasha is completely out of it still.
 
Kagome finally decides what to do. She lets go of Kirara.

”Kirara can you take me home?” She asks.
 
She feels devastated so she leaves. There is nothing for her here.
 
“Kagome?” Koga finally says coming closer to her. His wounds are healed. Her back is turned to him.
 
“I am going home forever Koga,” Kagome chokes out.
 
“Why Kagome?”
 
“There's…nothing left.” Her body shudders due to her crying so much.
 
“There's me and Inuyasha.”
 
“Koga…I…” She tries to find the right words. “I love Inuyasha. It's just that he doesn't love me. He loves Kikyo. And….” She sighs. “I can't deal with anymore loss.”
 
“Kagome?” Koga murmurs. He moves to hug her. He wraps her in his arms and whispers in her ears. “Do what you need to. I will be waiting for you. You know how I feel.”
 
“Koga…I need to go home,” Kagome says.
 
Koga lets go of her. “I will be there when ever you need me.”
 
Kagome nods. She climbs on Kirara.
 
“Take me home Kirara.”
 
Kirara takes her.
 
Koga watches Kagome leave. He tries to decide on what to do. There is only one person that could help Kagome through this tragedy. He growled he hated doing it but some one had to.
 
Koga marches over to Inuyasha.
“Stupid dug-turd,” Koga says to him. He grabs him but Inuyasha doesn't move.
 
“I couldn't save her again,” Inuyasha mutters to himself. “She is gone now. I couldn't save anyone.”
 
“Idiot,” Koga says. “There is still Kagome.” He shakes him but there is still no reaction from the half demon. He doesn't know what to do. Finally a thought crosses his mind. He hits him on the head. It gets a reaction out of him.
 
“What the hell did you do that for?” Inuyasha said rubbing his head. He pulls away from Koga.
 
“To knock some sense into you,” Koga answers.
 
Inuyasha glares at him.
 
“You can't save everyone,” Koga says ignoring the glaring.
 
Inuyasha's eyes darken. He looks down at the ground. The image of the battle plays in his head. All of the people he couldn't protect.
 
“There's still Kagome, you idiot.”
 
“Kagome?” Inuyasha looks at Koga.
 
Koga sighs. “Look dog-turd I don't want to tell you but I guess I have to. Kagome loves you.”
 
“Kagome loves me?”
 
Koga grunts. There is no way he is going to repeat it.
 
“Kagome loves me?” Inuyasha repeats still in shock.
 
“Yeah…” Koga says. He looks down at the ground and kicks a pebble.
 
Inuyasha looks around for Kagome. He can't find her. All he sees is the bodies of his dead friends, his half brother with Rin, and Koga with his two companions.
 
“Where…is she?”
 
“She said she is going home. Whatever that means.” Koga by now was beyond discomfort in this conversation.
 
“They are all gone aren't they?” Inuyasha says. His eyes darken.
 
“All but Kagome,” Koga says. “Go to her she needs you.” He turns away from him.
 
“Koga?” Inuyasha says.
 
“Shut up and go dog-turd. You are the only one who can help her now.”
 
“Thanks Koga for everything.”
 
Koga grunts.
 
Inuyasha leaves to go to the well. He wants to make it to Kagome in time.
 
“Koga that's to kind of you,” Ginta tells him coming up next to him.
 
“Shut it,” Koga barks. He turns to Inuyasha's brother.
 
Sesshomaru has watched all that had happened. He says nothing. He looks at the wolf demon. He nods to him.
 
Koga nods back. Nothing else is needed to be sad.
 
“Let's go put them to rest Rin,” Sesshomaru says. He is referring to Jaken and Ah and Un.
 
Rin nods and sobs.
 
“Let's put the rest in graves and then go home,” Koga says to his companions.
 
Inyasha is heading towards Kagome. He doesn't know what to say to her. He doesn't know how he feels. All he knows is that he had to see. He had to talk to her before she went home. He wasn't sure if he would ever get to see her again if she does go home.
 
Kagome is still riding on the back of Kirara. They ride for a long time in silence. Tears no longer fall because she can't cry anymore. Her eyes are red and puff from them.
 
They finally enter the woods that take Kagome home.
“Kirara its fine here,” Kagome says.
 
Kirara sets down.
 
Kagome jumps off. She hugs her.
 
“Kirara…I got to go,” Kagome says. New tears fall. It's too hard on her with all that has happened.
 
Kaede had seen Kirara in the sky. The old woman ran over to them. She sees Kagome in such a state.
 
“Kagome child what has happened?” Kaede asks her.
 
“I can't…” Kagome says. She runs into the forest towards the well.
 
“Kagome?” Kaede says she reaches after her. She feels a tug at her heart.
 
***
 
“Kagome…” Inuyasha says stepping fully into the small clearing that surround the bone eaters well. His true feelings finally come forth. He realizes that he had loved Kikyo. Kikyo was the first woman he loved. Kagome is now the second.
 
Kagome stares at him. She had reached the well. She doesn't know what to say. She doesn't know why he is there. He loves Kikyo.
 
They continue to stare at each other. A gust of wind blows Inuyasha's hair around. He looks so damn good when that happens.
 
“I love you,” Inuyasha tells her finally. He had already lost the first woman he lost by not telling her his feelings. He couldn't lose another. Kagome eyes brim up with new tears.
 
“I love you, too,” She cries out. She watches as Inuyasha runs towards her. She stands up on the ledge of the bone eaters well ready to jump down. Instead she looses her balance and falls in backwards.
 
Kagome screams as she falls. She can feel the last remnants of the Shikon no Tama activating. It is mixing in with her miko powers. She can actually go home.
 
Inuyasha runs towards her. He jumps into the well head first. His hand reaches towards hers. Her body is lighting up. He can't let her leave.
 
Kagome reaches her hand towards Inuyasha. She can feel the power to send her home developing. But she doesn't want to go yet. She wants to be with Inuyasha. They had finally said that they loved each other.
 
Inuyasha's finger tips scrape Kagome's finger tips. His hand finally latches onto to hers. He pulls her in hugging her. He brushes away her tears.
 
Inuyasha moves his face towards Kagome. Kagome tilts her head. They kiss.
 
As they kiss Kagome's body disappears. She is whisked away between the two barriers of the worlds. She arrives on her side falling on her rump. She is in to much of a shock to say anything.
 
Inuyashas feet hit the soft ground on his side of the well. Tears roll down his cheeks for the first time in years. Kagome the woman he loves isn't in his arms. His arms are bare and empty. They feel cold.
 
Kagome regains herself from the shock. She starts to dig inside the well. The Shikon no Tama has to return her. She has lost so many of her friends already. She can't lose her true love after they finally confessed their feelings. Fat tears roll down her cheeks as she digs. Her wound screams in pain but she ignores it.
 
She continues to dig hoping that the more she digs the better chance she has to feel the remnants of the Shikon no Tama. She moves the dirt away until her hand touches a cloths. She digs it out.
 
The cloth is red and ratty. It looks like the fire rats outfit Inuyasha wears. Kagome's mind screams no. She digs franticly trying to find reason.
 
Her hand pulls out a sword. It is the Tessaiga. Kagome continues to dig. Her mind is into much shock to do anything else.
 
Her hands reveal a skull. She carefully digs it out. The shape of it is like that of Inuyasha. It had fangs like it to. She places the skull in her lap and rested her back against the side of the well. Her eyes showed no life. Her spirit had broken.
 
Her family had no idea how long Kagome had sat there. Her wound needed treatment but didn't. They had finally pulled her out from her pool of blood.

Soaked in blood they tried CPR. An ambulance could be heard in the distance. Kagome was able to regain concussions.
 
Her eyes looked at the Sacred Tree. Words started to appear there. The paramedic placed the oxygen mask on her face. Her heart stopped.
 
“We are losing her,” he said. They tried to bring her back.
 
Kagome was able to read the words. She got the message from Inuyasha.
 
“Wait for me,” was scratched into the trees. But it was too late. Kagome couldn't wait for Inuyasha. She had lost too much blood.
 
“What happened here?” A male's voice asked the crowd near the bottom of the shrine after seeing the ambulance parked at the shrine. The woman he cared for lived here. But no one knew what happened. He rain up the stairs of the shrine.
 
“What happened here?” He asked again.
 
The family turned to the voice who spoke. They all are crying. They recognized who it was.
 
“Kagome is dead,” Sota finally choked out.
 
THE END