InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Shikon no Tama ❯ Somedays I Wonder... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter One: Somedays I wonder…
Kagaome's POV
Sometimes, I think I'm the luckiest girl in the world. Not everyone can travel trough a secret well and expirience Japan's feudal history like I can. That is, unitl today, when a girl in my class discovered my secret.
Keri's POV
I had gone to Kagome's house to drop off her school work since her other friends were busy, when I saw her. She looked as healthy as you or I would, does her family know this? Anyway, I followed her into a part of the temple that looked very old and watched as she disappeared down a well. I thought maybe she was looking for something and followed her in hoping to suprise her. Boy, did I suprise her...and myself.
"Hello? Is anyone there?" I called up the well and saw a child look down at me.
"Hey Kagome, is that suppose to be in the well?" the child asked, pointing down at me.
"You rotten child! I'm a person not a thing! Get it right!" I yelled as Kagome and another boy looked down the well at me.
"Do you know her Kagome? She'd dressed like you are" the boy said, pointing at me but looking at Kagome.
"Sorry to interrupt but...GET ME OUTTA HERE!" I yelled in frustration at the trio.
"Ow!" She yells as loud as you do" the boy said to Kagome.
"Inuyasha, SIT" Kagome told the boy who's name was obviously Inuyasha since he fell onto the well's ground.
"What was that for?" Inuyasha yelled up the well to Kagome.
"So you'd stop asking me stupid questions and ask her yourself after you help her out!" Kagome yelled back at Inuyasha who muttered in annoyance before turning to me.
"Lets go hu...wait a minute, why do you smell like a fox?" Inuyasha asked me and I stared startled at him. No one knew of my kitsune blood-line, although I think Kagome sensed it once.
"Answer me! Why do you smell like Shippo?" Inuyasha barked, drawing the sword at his hip. "You're just another demon after the Shikon jewel shards, aren't you?" he continued, his blade magically growing.
"SITBOY!" 'Whap!' "Kagome! Why do you always let them get away!" Inuyasha yelled but then looked blankly at me.
"Hey, you're still here" he said in a dumbfounded tone.
"Sorry about that, Inuyasha thinks everyone's a threat to the Shikon no tama" Kagome told me after I got out of the well.
"I don't trust her, she smells like a kitsune" Inuyasha sais with his back turned to us, the child named Shippo yelling at him.
"I'm not a kitsune, but a kitsune-jin. It's in my mother's blood-line, it traces back to feudal times" I toldthem, unconciously twirling a strand of my long raven hair.
"I don't understand" Inuyasha said, turning around to face us.
"It means that one of her ancestors on her mother's side was a kitsune that loved a human who's children also loved humans and so on until you reach Keri who has faint traces of kitsune blood, thus is a kitsune-jin" Kagome explained to Inuyasha and Shippo, I hope they get it.
"What else are you? No ordinary human can travel through the secret well" Inuyasha asked me, but I had no answer for him. I was just as clueless as they were.
"I think it's best if we continue this with the others, they might have some imput on this" Kagome intervined, I was grateful for that.
"Lady Kagome, you've returned and with beautiful company I see" a monk said as we entered the village temple.
"Miroku, Sango, Kaede, this is Keri. She's a girl in my class that somehow followed me through the well" Kagome told them, although I don't think Miroku was listening.
"Lady Keri, your beauty is even more stunning thanlady Kagome's. Will you do me the honor of baring my children?" Miroku asked me, grasping both of my hands in his.
"You're joking right?" I asked him, my tone was flat.
"This is no joke my lady, you'd be doing me a great honor. I would be happyto...oaf!" Miroku said as he fell face first upon the ground after Inuyasha had hit him.
"don't let the fact that he's a monk confuse you. Miroku's a master at lechery" Inuyasha told me as he sat back down.
"It wouldn't have mattered anyway, I'm a miko at my family's temple. I must saty a virigin until I'm eighteen, the time at which I may wed" I explained to the group, my face flush with having to admit this to strangers.
"Yon child is a high priestess? This may help to explain wh yye was able to follow Kagome through the sacred well into the forest of Inuyasha" Kaede mused as she studied me closely, trying to find an answer.
"Lets go Kagome. The old hag can study this nuisence while we hunt for the Shikon shards" Inuyasha said as he stood up and I noticed his dog ears for the first time. I walked to him and put one hand on each ear as he stared blankly at me, 'poink poink! poink poink! poink poi...' "Cut that out!" he yelled at me and I backed away over to Kagome.
"Are those real?" I whispered and she nodded her head while Shippo teased Inuyasha about the incident.
"Go now lady Kagome, the villagers and I shall escort ye friend to the sacred well so that ye can return home" Kaede told Kagome and I looked sadly down at the floor. I had no reson to go back now that I was here.
My parents died when I was young and my grandfather died last year of a heart attack, I have no one there for me. This place was incredible and I was being told to leave before I could even look around.
"It's almost night, we'll start in the morning" Sango said, lifting the temple's window curtain so that she could see outside. Well, at least I get to stay the night.
Kagome's POV
Everyone was asleep shortly after having eaten. Everyone that is, except Keri. She seemed preoccupied, lost in thought as she stared at the fire, probably thinking about what Kaede had said. We were very close growing up, she'd just moved from Hiroshima to live with her grandfather at the temple when I met her.We were about three years old and her parents had passed away in a car accident on they way to hospital with her unborn sibling.
Not only were we close, but so were our grandfather's, they'd known eachother for years and then more tragedy struck her life. Her grandfather had a heart attackone day last year and she'd been on her own since. We lost that special connection we always had after that, Keri seemed to drift away since she had to face being the miko of her family's temple on her own.
I feel guilty for not having spent enough time with her, especially now when I'm hardly at school and only spend time with Jenna and Christy when I am. I guess she feels no one wants her around after what Kaede said, even though she's only trying to protect her.
Somedays, I wonder what it would be like if Keri and I were best friends again or I wonderwhat it would be like to have someone from my era reconver the Shikon shards with us.
Keri's POV
Somedays, I wonder why I even bother to get upin the morning, especially since no one really wants me around. I envy Kagome, she's got everything. Family, friends in both eras, even a fairy-tale adventure. Me? I've got nothing, I'm a friendless orphan who's unwanted by all. I don't want to go back, at least here my miko powers can be of some use to the villagers in different lands. I've made a desicion, I'm going to stay in this era no matter what anyone says. After all, I'm old enough to decide for myself.
(Ze next day still Keri's POV)
I awoke inside the temple to the sound of Kagome telling Inuyasha to SIT so many times that I had to wonder what he did.
"Kagome! Will you cut that out already?" I heard Inuyasha yell, watching his siloquet get off the ground to face Kagome's back.
"Well, at least I know who you were talking about back home" I chuckled as I entered outside to the sight of Inuyasha's bruised face before me.
"You were talking about me behind me back?" Inuyasha asked Kagome who looked a little intimidated before regaining her composer.
As I went to join them I felt something rubbing my ass...Miroku. Instead of slapping his had away, I moved it so it encircled my waist as I turned to face him, the others stopping to watch.
"Is she feeling okay?" Inuyasha asked Kagome, I knew she was just as lost though.
"Miroku, Inuyasha interrupted me yesterday before I could answer you" I said, looking as though I was about to kiss him until I innocently brought my knee up.
"That...hurt" Miroku choked out as he went rigid and toppled over.
"I suggest you quit your lechery now if you ever want children from the poor woman who agrees to bare them for you" I told him and went to join Kagome and the others.
Somedays, I just gotta wonder where Ibelong, but today, I know it's here with Kagome, helping her on her quest for the Shikon shards no matter who says I should leave. This is now my quest too.