InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Slave Rin ❯ Nightmares ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Rin's eyes slowly began to drift into sleep. Feeling the drool from her mouth slither down her face, Rin snapped awake and washed her face with cold water. Her mother had been sleeping for the past ten hours. Rin turned to her clock and groaned at the time. 5:27. She would have to wake up in about half an hour.

"Great, just great. Why do I do these things to myself," Rin questioned herself.

She took a quick rinse in the shower, brushed her teeth, like the usual morning routines. Finishing the final question of her algebra homework. Rin looked out the window; her eyes felt droopy, so she squinted as if glaring out the window. The sun had just barely peeked of the hilltop and glazed the rays of orange and yellow and the crisp gold. Rin hastily tied her hair up into a ponytail.

Her bangs were left the cover her forehead. Not like she could really do anything besides clip them aside, but there would be no time for that. Promptly slipping into her school uniform and leaving behind breakfast. Rin cursorily set Sesshomaru's breakfast at his table. Rin had been trained to be silent so that no one could hear her.

Rin quickly returned to the servant's quarter and took a basket, filling it with food. This time Rin had prepared a large portion of her meals for the past week into a basket and searched for her brother. Shippo where are you? Rin thought to herself.

"Rin!" A familiar voice shouted.

Rin turned around, happy to see that it was Shippo.

"Hey bro! I brought you food!" Rin exclaimed happily.

Shippo's eyes widened happily, knowing that there was a large amount of food in the basket.

"Where did you get this food?" Shippo asked.

"There's always table scraps," Rin lied, knowing the truth would only worry her brother.

Shippo had swallowed his sandwich in one gulp.

"Shippo, you know every time when mom has a hangover, she always calls me a half-breed or something like that. What does she mean?" Rin asked.

Shippo nearly choked on Jell-O when he heard Rin's question. Rin passed him the cold Tampico juice and he swallowed in harshly.

"I'm not sure. All I know is that when I was born, I had a different mom. She was so nice and kind. Every day I felt as if the sun was shining when she smiled at me. Then when I was nine, she suddenly died. Then those serial killers came. They came and tried to take me. Mom took me into her room and hid me in the closet behind the drawers. I heard screaming and then silence," Shippo hesitated to continue but did anyway.

"I remember, there was a sword through her chest. Her mouth was wide open and the blood was drooling down her face. I heard them leave and I ran out. It was so quiet. On the wall, in her blood. They wrote Traitorit was sliding on the walls. I almost thought that it would eat me. It was like a monster, and then dad met your mom. They got married and had you. The next thing you know... Well you know..." Shippo couldn't knock out another syllable out of his mouth.

"And then daddy was dead to," Rin finished for him, "I was there when they killed him. Hiding behind the chestnut desk. Right under it, there was a vent and I peeked through there. Right before they caved in, daddy pasted the entire room in strong smell of hot peppers. And then he put the pasty stuff over me. Then they came. He tried to fight him, but daddy was all alone. Then like mom they put the stab in his chest. But they pinned him to the wall. They too had written TRAITOR."

There was an awkward silence between the two.

"He sniffed the entire room, I think he was trying to find me. He came to the desk but turned away. The pepper had covered up my scent entirely. After he left and I was sure that he was gone. I could feel the hot sticky feeling of death. I could smell the blood, snarling and eating at him. Daddy was drowning in his own pool of blood." Rin stopped and shivered.

The images did not leave her mind, instead they remained. Reminding her and taunting her of her father's death over and over again. His chest with the sword, and the blood eating at the carpet.

Rin looked at her watch, she had soon better be going if she was to go off to school.

"Gotta go bro. Bye," Rin said and quickly trotted off.

* * *

Sesshomaru awoke. He could smell his breakfast after brushing his teeth and changed, and then he speedily ate his breakfast. It was warm and delicious. The toast was just right and the buttering was perfect. The eggs were sunny side up the only way he could eat them. The crisp bacon was just right and the juice was at perfection. With pulp, but just enough for him to chew on when eating.

After awhile he took a deep breath and could smell Rin's scent. The smell of peaches and rain. There's something about her. Something that just seems...inhuman. Like as if she isn't human, just something else. Sesshomaru thought to himself.

* * *

Mrs. Kaede went on and on about the history of Japan. Rin's mind was droning out, but she could still hear the teacher lecturing the class. After awhile was lunch. Once again giving up her lunch, Rin climbed up into a cherry tree. The blossoms had bloomed and the flowers began to fall at the brush of the wind. Humming to herself a simple tune, Rin laid back and relaxed her sore and tense muscles. For now she could enjoy the moment as it was.

Finally the bell rang and Rin jumped down and jogged to her class. As she passed the hallways, there was an awkward silence, and people whispering in somebody else's ear as Rin passed by. A boy with long hair tied in a ponytail grabbed Rin by the wrist.

"Aren't you the fair one," the boy said.

"Please let me go," Rin pleaded, hoping that he wasn't going to do what she thought he might do.

"You're very beautiful. You might make a worthy woman, obedient, quiet, and knows how to act towards her husband. Maybe I'll just take you away from your master," the boy said and curled his hand around Rin's back, as if to embrace her.

"Let go!" Rin yelled.

But the boy didn't seem to heed what Rin had just said. Rin swatted his hand away, but the boy cornered her into a corner. No. Don't, stop it! Stop it! Please don't...do... Rin begged in her mind. She tried her best to push him off, but he forced his way in. He was much stronger than she was. Much stronger then any human boy.

He's a demon! Rin felt alarmed. There was no way she could fight off a demon.

The boy pushed his face closer to Rin's and to her mouth. Rin struggled to pull away. Before the boy could do anything to her, Rin let out an ear-piercing scream.

* * *

Sesshomaru was at his locker, when suddenly he heard a scream. He knew who it was. Rin. Sesshomaru ran as fast as he had ever gone before. There was the scene. Naraku had cornered Rin into a wall, trying to make moves with her.

"Naraku," Sesshomaru growled.

Naraku glanced at Sesshomaru and leered.

"Sesshomaru, what a pleasure," Naraku slurred the syllables together.

"Let Rin go," Sesshomaru said. Making a pause between every word to emphasize his anger.

"Why what is the matter Lord Sesshomaru? She's only a slave," Naraku stated crudely.

"But not yours. Take your wretched hands off her," Sesshomaru gritted through his teeth and his eyes began to glow red.

When Naraku saw Sesshomaru's eyes glow crimson, he immediately took his hands off.

"Remember Sesshomaru, that a slave is a slave. They have no feelings and are there just to give you pleasure. That is the high moral standards of a human life," Naraku remarked.

"Naraku, Rin is not your slave, but of my property," Sesshomaru retorted.

"Whatever you say Sesshomaru. But remember my words," Naraku said and treaded off.

The bell rang and the hallway emptied. Rin slumped to her knees. Her shoulders trembling, and she was on the verge of tears. Her eyes began to water and tears began to fall.

"Rin," Sesshomaru began.

"I'm sorry Lord Sesshomaru! I truly am!" Rin sobbed as she bit her lip in an effort to hold back her tears.

Sesshomaru walked towards Rin and picked her up. Rin grabbed onto Sesshomaru and began to sob quietly on his chest. When Rin could cry no more, Rin sniffed a few times and wiped her face.

"Rin, I believe we shall go home," Sesshomaru said.

Rin nodded, they both gathered their belongings and left.

"I want you to rest while I am out Rin," Sesshomaru commanded.

"Yes milord," Rin replied, but secretly knew that she would still do her work.

After Sesshomaru walked Rin into the servant's quarter. Rin slipped into her uniform and sneaked out when she knew Sesshomaru would be gone.

Rin quietly began her work by the time she knew Sesshomaru would be home, Rin had prepared his dinner. Exhausted and weary, Rin sat down, and before she knew it, she was asleep.

Sesshomaru arrived home; he smelled food and Rin in his room. Sesshomaru entered his room. Seeing the delectable food and Rin soundlessly sleeping.

"I told her to rest," Sesshomaru reminded himself.

After awhile, it was time to sleep. Sesshomaru draped Rin in his covers, and covered himself in the second layers of blankets. Soon, Sesshomaru was also asleep.

* * *

Rin was running. The earth pounded beneath her feet. Someone was chasing her. Ready to kill her. She fell and closed her eyes. Suddenly she was standing, Rin opened her eyes. She was back in her father's old office. There was her father. And Rin, at the age of five.

Suddenly someone tried to bang the door open. Rin's father put a bookshelf in front of the door. He began to smear the room with paste that smelled strongly of peppers. After that Rin's father covered Rin in it also and pushed her under the desk. The bookshelf fell, and the door opened.

There was a man; he was wearing a mask like in the olden day theaters. Rin's father tried to defend himself, but it was no use. The man was skilled and predicted his every move. Then there was a scream; the silence of the sword pierced his chest. Rin's father was dead.

The elder Rin watched in horror. She was reliving the nightmare again. The death of her father. She could see the blood staining the carpet. Suddenly the scene changed again. She was at the funeral.

There she was the younger version of herself. Eyes swollen and red. Her father in his pine strip suit and in the black casket. Dead. Rin carried roses to his grave, the agony of seeing her father die. Remembering the death of her father by every detail. It began to rain. Everyone left, including her mother.

Shippo had stayed behind and touched his sister's shoulder. She couldn't cry, it was just too sudden to cry. He was a happy man. Loving father, good business, rich, and had a happy family. The next minute, dead. Every happy thought had been stripped from her mind.

The rain fell, and the children watched in silence. Then the scene changed again. She saw Shippo on the floor. A sword through his chest and traitorwritten on the wall smeared in his blood. The man had assassinated her brother removed his mask.

She saw a mane of long white hair, and golden eyes.

* * *

Rin awoke with a sudden jerk and screamed. Panting and heaving for a breath, her sweat had drenched her hair. Rin opened her eyes and saw golden eyes and the mane off white hair.

"No..." Rin gasped, "NO!"

She pushed the face away. Rin looked around the room. There was blood staining the wall and drowning the carpet. She looked at her body. The blood was eating at her. She slapped and wiped her arms. She tried to wipe it away, but more and more came.

"Stop! Make it stop! Make it stop!" Rin pleaded.

The blood began to eat her skin away. Everywhere she looked there was the word Traitor and blood. Rin dropped to the ground and began to whimper. Sesshomaru watched, shocked. Finally he picked up Rin and shook her b y the shoulders.

"Rin wake up! Tell me what's wrong!" Sesshomaru demanded.

"It's eating me. Make it go away. Please make it stop..." Rin whispered.

"Rin wake up... What's going on? What's going away? What's wrong?" Sesshomaru asked intently, "It's me Sesshomaru."

"Sesshomaru," Rin whispered.

Her eyes returned too normal. She trembled in fear and hallucination.

"It was eating me. I-It was trying to kill me," Rin whispered.

"What is?" Sesshomaru asked.

"The blood. It was eating me alive. He killed him. My father. The blood Sesshomaru, the blood," Rin answered, not making sense at all.

Rin continued to tremble in fear. She felt cold and she felt sick. It was a horrible feeling. Sesshomaru was holding Rin; he could feel her skin burning on his. Sesshomaru gently put his hands on her forehead.

"Rin you're sick," Sesshomaru stated.

"I'll be ok," Rin replied.

"You are to rest in my room for now. There is no time to move you," Sesshomaru remarked and quickly pulled the aid out of his drawer.

Sesshomaru took out a thermometer and measured her temperature. It was 104 degrees. Rin felt hot minute and then cold the next and she couldn't stop coughing. Her head felt horrible.

"Just sleep Rin, sleep," Sesshomaru commanded.

Rin closed her eyes, and then all she could see was nothing.