InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sparrows in a Hurricane ❯ Cursed ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
This came to me while watching Disney's Beauty and the Beast

Hopefully the inspiration lasts

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was cold.

He was alone.

For now.

A knock at his door roused him from his seat by the fire. Growling slightly, he made his way to answer the unwanted distraction.

Opening the door, he looked around. Nothing. Was this a trick? A light cough snapped his attention to a small huddled figure. A little girl, swathed in a blanket, sat on his doorstep.

"What is it?" he snapped.

Blazing silver eyes, glistening with tears, stared up at him. "Please, sir," she begged, "A cup of warm milk to stay the chill?"

He seemed to consider this for a moment, then gave a sharp, "No."

"But, sir! Only a small cup! Merely something to warm my bones so that I might not freeze!"

He scoffed, "Thinking of yourself. Petty." He paused, "Leave this residence before I feel the need to remove you."

She gave him one last pleading look before he curtly slammed the door, but not before he heard her murmur, "You will learn to love, sir, of that I promise."

He glanced outside just as a small falcon took flight from his porch.

'Lovely,' he thought, 'I have been cursed by a falcon girl.'

Stifling a yawn, he headed to his chambers to retire for the night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think that this might lead to following th girl as well, so it should be interesting.

let me know if it sux, thanx

~~~Starlett~~~