InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Talk to Me ❯ Out and Away in No Time ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N:

Wow. How long has it been? A long time. I started writing this fic about a year ago . . . I'm so sorry I didn't update. It simply disturbed me to write something like that. And then I felt better. But now I'm depressed again, so I'm writing it. Grr. Anyhow, I hope you enjoy. And sorry.

Talk to Me

Chapter Four: Out and Away in No Time

Inuyasha jerked awake with a loud gasp and started to get up, only to have his head hit the bed he was under. He had felt like he wasn't breathing for days. Weeks. Months. He didn't know how long, but he felt tired, like he ran one hundred kilometres in one hour.

He blinked tiredly and lifted his hand to touch his neck. It felt kind of wet . . . but it wasn't. Some kind of a super natural feeling, maybe. The hanyou opened his eyes; it took them awhile to adjust the lack of light. His ears still heard nothing. His nose smelled-no, it couldn't be.

Stillness? Like nothing breathed, talked, did anything.

When his eyes managed to see a bit in the dark space he noticed he was under a bed. Must've rolled under it when I blacked out, he thought sourly. He noticed then a small paper-wrapped package. Inuyasha was sure it wasn't there earlier; he checked every place in this goddamned room. He squirmed at it and grasped it. Then he got out of that narrow space under the bed and was surprised that his eyesight has not grown better. It was like his senses weren't working . . . it was mildly disturbing him.

That was a lie.

It highly disturbed Inuyasha not to be able to feel anything.

He opened the package quickly, only to be surprised that he didn't feel anything. It was like walking on a smooth ground for him. His feet were so thick he barely felt what he was walking on. But those were his feet and those were his hands. Big difference.

Inside the package he found his usual black T-shirt and normal jeans, snickers and socks, even his grey hat, folded neatly. He gaped at it for something that seemed like a few minutes. But now that you mentioned it, it could've been a few seconds . . . days . . . weeks . . . millennia, even. Inuyasha shook his head. What was going on here? Inside he found a simple light green sundress. He looked at it funny; what would he do with a sundress? . . .

Never mind that. He'd come back to that later. Under the also neatly folded sundress he found a key. A simple, silver key.

And since he had nothing to lose, he quickly changed back into his clothes, picked up the sundress and grabbed the key, and tried to unlock the door.

It opened in an instance.

Inuyasha cheered inwardly and by an instinct he was drawn to the next room's door. It, as well, was opened in an instance. He gave another silent cheer and pushed the door open.

He did not need to adjust his eyes or ears or any other sense. It was all quite the same, and again, that feeling that something was awfully wrong appeared. He spotted a body lying on the floor and hurried to it. It was the girl. I wonder what her name is . . . he thought to himself. He scooped her up and thanked that her dress was white so he could spot her the moment he came in.

Wait.

A white dress.

A white girl.

Not good, the people would look for a pale, black haired girl that wore a white dress.

He cursed. Inuyasha now understood why he had the green sundress.

He was supposed to change her clothes.

With the hope that the girl wore underwear he took her dress off after he gulped a few times. She was. Only the necessities, though. A simple white bra and simple white panties.

More than he hoped for, actually. Then he noticed small red spots on her arms. Needles, he suspected.

Inuyasha shrugged it off in the meantime and quickly pulled the dress on her and on a second thought took the white dress with him. Then he scooped the girl up again and made his way to the door.

Somehow he knew he wouldn't encounter anybody.

Anybody that seemed to be alive.

The air smelled of nothing. The girl smelled of nothing but stillness. The air was still. Nobody breathed. Nobody but him was alive and moving. It looked like the time was stopped.

Inuyasha touched his neck again. It was still wet . . . he hissed in disgust and continued walking towards where he thought the exit was. Men and women were lying around, their limp forms lifeless. Lifeless, but not dead.

~

Inuyasha almost fell to his knees. His legs started giving signs of pain, which weirded him out. He as running for so long, but why were his feet started aching only now?

Then a strong scent of his surroundings arrived to his nose. Figures. He thought. Time's moving again. He touched his neck. It was dry.

The girl then started to move restlessly and started to, what he considered, 'mumble'. The weird thing was that she didn't actually seem to say anything . . . she was probably having a bad dream.

He took his mind off her and looked around. He needed someplace with water so they could rest. Hopefully not polluted. He didn't dare to stop before they found water. They could catch on them . . .

Inuyasha sincerely started to doubt his actions. Where were they going to hide? He could try going to that flee . . . or the monk wannabe. But he doubted they could help him for long enough. Meaning, the rest of his and her lives.

Inuyasha's nose twitched. He knew this place, and there was supposed some brook around here. His nose twitched again and he managed to catch its scent. He smiled triumphantly. He hurried to there (his feet were killing him) and put the girl down on the soft grass He himself took some sips from the water. When he saw the sun starting to come up the horizon, he lay down next to the girl, his sensitive ears erect for any sound. Not soon after, he was sound asleep.

~

Kagome was not sleeping peacefully at his side. The young girl kept mumbling things that only meant something to her. She herself jerked awake not long after Inuyasha had gone to sleep. The first thing she noticed was nothing above her. Only the endless blueness.

She didn't like it. Not at all.

She shivered for a moment. It was cold . . . she almost never felt cold in her life . . . the thing she wore- it was a dress, like her last one. But it looked funny . . . the colour was wrong, and there weren't any sleeves . . .

Kagome looked around and hoped it was a dream. I had to be a dream. She only knew one place, her place.

She saw some brown things come up from the ground. They were pretty far away, though. And she somehow managed to notice they were small . . .

Then she noticed the orange ball. Kagome blinked at its light. She never saw this kind of light. It was not white as in her place . . . more . . . lively, inviting, happy, even. After she was 'awakened' from her trancelike staring, she saw the boy. She felt the ground. It was hairy.

She was so cold . . .

A little by little, the pieces clicked in Kagome's brain. And when they finally did, she screamed.

~

"It was not supposed to happen!" He roared. "There wasn't supposed to be even one escaping, and now there were two!" He growled. "Explain." His tone was deadly.

The man looked around in discomfort. "The hanyou and the girl, they somehow disappeared. The dogs cannot catch their scent. No camera caught them moving, either. The man, the guard, Touya, I believe, was found dead. His blood was used as ink. That monster is roaming free now, and with what we have, we cannot catch it."

"Monster?"

"Yes." He answered, but didn't look straight into his boss' eyes. "Every living thing that isn't human or animal is a monster."

The golden eyed man looked at him with a wry smirk. Then he caught in his hand the other man's face at the chin and started to press, a little by little. "Would you repeat that?" He asked.

The man, deadly white was starting to shake. His heart beatings were faster with each passing moment. "No," he squealed. "I, I didn't mean anything by that, I swear!"

"Are you sure?" He looked straight into the green eyes of that person.

"Yes! Yes!"

The boss moved his eyed around the room slowly, looking like thinking. "Good." His smirk was deepened. "Then you will not have to suffer."

The previous man sighed with relief, or at least tried to sigh with relief as Sesshoumaru broke quickly through his skull. Blood sputtered out of his nose, and in his last second, he drooled on Sesshoumaru's sleeve.

"Stupid humans," Sesshoumaru commented calmly as he changed out of his human coat. "They do not know when to shut up, do they?"

A/N:

YES! YES YES YES!

OVER! FINITO! DONE! FINISHED!

. . . now to the next chapter. Well, please review. ^_^;;;