InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The artist from the other world, and the elemental Tetsuaiga ❯ The girl with the sacred jewel shards ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 1: The girl with the sacred jewel shards
 
It was a bright sunny day and Kagome had just passed through the well to return to her world. She had been away from her studies for so long that it had been time for her to get some catching up.
“Hey sis! Is Inuyasha here?” her brother Sota asked as she ran across the pavement to the house.
She shook her head in disappointment.
“No, Inuyasha sensed Naraku something so he stayed back with the others to try to guard the nearby village. Apparently a demon attacked it not to long ago and its bound to return,” Kagome replied.
“Oh...” Sota said frowning.
 
Kagome went inside, put all her books into her bag, forgot about breakfast and ran out through the door.
She walked to school that day, and what a wonderful day it was. She was hoping to meet her friends, but that thought was shattered the moment she walked into the halls of the school.
“Kagome Higurashi please report to the principles office, Kagome Higurashi.” Said a voice on the intercom.
Kagome made her way through the hallways and reached the principles office, upon entry, the principle was standing above her desk, awaiting her arrival.
“Ah! Mrs. Higurashi, please close the door and sit down,” The principle said.
Kagome, unaware of what was happening, and confused, abided quickly.
“Now, Kagome, it seems you have missed a lot of classes lately, and unfortunately, in order for you to catch up, we must place you in remedial classes,” The principle explained.
Kagome's eyes lit up and they filled with anger.
“Remedial!” She shouted, “I'm not stupid!”
“No, Mrs. Higurashi, this is not a matter of intelligence, but more a matter of your well being. If you keep missing so many classes at a time, we will be forced to fail you. And a student of your caliber cannot afford to fail. Now here is your new timetable, your first class should be starting soon, I suggest you hurry up!” The Principle said, ushering Kagome out of her office.
 
Kagome sighed as she walked down the hallway to her first class. When she walked in, she was greeted by a bald, lifeless teacher.
“Oh, you must be...Higurashi, well, sit down!” said the main in a very wheezy voice.
Kagome made her way around the room until she found a desk that was away from all the other students. Most of them were boys, and they didn't seem quite interested in Kagome, and nor was she interested in them.
“Well class,” said the teacher, “I am sure you have noticed our new student, this is Kagome Higurashi, she will be joining us for the rest of the year. Kagome, by the way I am Mr. Horok.”
Kagome shook her head and smiled faintly.
“Now our first lesson today will focus on mathematics, will you please open your manuals and we can begin, “ Mr. Horok said.
Kagome raised her hand in the air.
“Uhh..Mr. Horok, I'm afraid I don't have the same books your class uses...” she said solemnly.
Mr. Horok fixed his glasses and looked down on his new female student.
“Very well, I will get you a copy, as well as the other volumes we will be using in this classroom. Class, I expect you to behave during my absence!” Mr. Horok said, as he walked out the door.
The class fell silent, all eyes were fixed upon Kagome. She gave a faint laugh and put her hands in her pockets. Suddenly the fire alarm went off, and as she retracted her hands, the vile containing the sacred jewel shards dropped out and broke. All the students shuffled towards the door, but Kagome stayed to collect the pieces of the jewel she had dropped. There was a shadow over her, she looked up to find a tall boy, with scruffy red and black hair. He was wearing the mandatory school uniform.
“How did you get those?” He snapped.
“Get what?” Kagome asked with a faint sound of laughter in her voice, as she tried concealing the jewel.
“Those!” He roared even louder, pointing at the shard of the jewel that now lay dormant under Kagome's hand, “Those are pieces of the sacred jewel! My great-grandfather told me the jewel was burned with the priestess!”
Kagome was shocked at this boy's knowledge of the feudal era. She outstretched her arm, hoping to shake the boys hand.
“I'm Kagome,” she said with that distinct sound of laughter still in her voice., “I am the priestesses' incarnation, and I know that's hard to believe, but..Hah, it's true!”
The boy raised an eyebrow, and examined Kagome carefully. He then stretched out his arm and shook Kagome's hand.
“I'm Runaiko,” he said solemnly.