InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Choices Made ❯ Chapter 9

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
This was a hard chapter to write, but since it took me so long to write and it was so hard, I decided to make it longer. Well, I tried to make it longer…it really is, though not by much…Anyway, I would say Bon appetite, but doesn't that mean something like enjoy your food? Well enjoy reading!
 
 
 
 
Chapter Nine
 
Kagome was sure that the demon was destroyed now. She could also tell that Inuyasha was close because she actually heard him. She also had a feeling that Inuyasha was hurt.
 
When she ran up to the clearing, she spotted the jewel shard right away. As soon as she touched it, the evil purple aura surrounding it dissipated and the jewel shard turned the light pink it always did when she was holding it.
 
“Inuyasha? Inuyasha…where are you?” Kagome was starting to get worried. Where was he? He wouldn't just leave the jewel shard here lying around by itself. She closed her eyes. Maybe since they could sense demons' jyaki around places, she might be able to sense Inuyasha's jyaki. After all, he was part demon. She closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and focused. She quickly opened her eyes and ran toward a pile of branches.
 
“Inuyasha? INUYASHA! Are you ok? INUYASHA!”
 
“Ka-go-me? I'm going to be a human…and soon. We need to find a place to stay, and it needs to be close.”
 
“Can you make it back to the cave? Here, I'll help you.” Kagome grabbed Inuyasha's arm, and helped him to stand up. She dragged/carried Inuyasha back to the cave while he was trying to stop his stomach from bleeding too much. Maybe he was also trying to keep it closed and certain essential organs from falling out.
 
When they reached the cave, Kagome laid Inuyasha carefully down. “Lay down here. I'll be right back with some herbs and water.”
 
`Kami….please don't let Inuyasha die. I wouldn't be able to bear life if he died.' Kagome prayed silently to herself while she ran to the stream. When she got there, she tore off her shirt sleeve and soaked it into the river to get it wet. She tore off her other sleeve, ripped it in half and got one half of it wet, then ran back to Inuyasha.
 
“Inuyasha? I need to remover your hitori.” Kagome quickly removed the fire rat cloth then his now blood soaked undershirt. She quickly cleaned the area with her wet sleeve she tore off. The injured area wasn't as big as she first thought, and she put pressure on it. She knew Inuyasha would soon start a fever and put the wet half sleeve on his forehead.
 
“Kagome? I have…something to tell you in case of…in case of I don't make it through the night. I can tell the sun is setting now, and I think I am about to pass out as soon as I turn human, and I…” Inuyasha's silvery/white hair suddenly flared out and turned as dark as Kagome's. His amber/golden adorable eyes turned dark brown, then slowly closed.
 
 
 
 
 
 
His castle was prepared and the servants were ready for a new Lady of the Western Lands. It had only taken a day…the servants seemed excited about the possibility of a new lady and rushed around quickly filling their duties and tasks.
 
Now that everything was ready and done, Sesshomaru wanted to get his mate here right away, and also stop worrying about his half brother. He would go and fetch Kikyou right away. It would give him something to do, and perhaps push this scheme of his along quicker if he could get Kikyou to quickly finish her business.
 
He knew where Kikyou was…one of his scouts had just told him, and the wind brought in slight scents of her. He turned into a glorious energy ball shooting off towards the distance…towards Kikyou.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
There she was standing with her eyes closed. Her soul collects gliding around her, bringing her the glowing orbs that were souls, snatched before they could make their way completely to the afterlife, presumably in heaven. Who was more pathetic; Kikyou living off these souls who couldn't rest, or the souls because of their inability to being able to rest?
 
“You are done now Kikyou, no?”
 
“Sesshomaru, I still have much to do. You may stay and watch, but don't talk or get in my way. It may seem that I live purely off these souls, but I have much meditation to do in order to keep this body moving and to keep my Miko powers from abandoning this body. Miko powers are for the living Mikos…my powers don't like being contained in this clay body…they want to be embodied in living pure flesh. I need to concentrate.”
 
Sesshomaru went over next to a tree and sat down. There was something different about Kikyou's scent now. She still smelled a grave dirt and clay, but the underlying smell that he barely noticed before was stronger. It was almost calling out to him now, like there was a desperation that he figure out what it was. Maybe the desperation he felt was of that to find Kagome. That was it. He need to find Kagome and all this time was bothering his inpatient demonic side. He could easily suppress it if and when he wanted to or he so thought…
 
 
 
 
The sun had set. Inuyasha had turned human and had passed out. All she could do for him was make sure a fever didn't develop and keep the wound from bleeding. If Inuyasha could get through this night, he would be ok the next morning. Kagome wished that she really had her bows and arrows with her just in case something did attack. Inuyasha was bleeding and if something came along, it would smell the blood and might try to finish them off for a quick meal.
 
“Inuyasha…just pull through…I need you here…we all need you. Shippo, Miroku, Sango, and especially I need you. You are like a father to Shippo, you kept Sango from killing herself and her brother that one time, and now, she doesn't desire her and her brother's death anymore, and Miroku…well you keep Miroku from groping me and it seems he talks to you and really trusts you as a friend. Plus, you keep us all safe…you saved all of our lives more than once. You have a really big heart, even though you do try to hide it with the rudeness and remarks. We all need you. And hey, you still need to avenge Kikyou's death, right? You have to kill Naraku and what about the jewel shards. You wanted to make a wish on the Shikon jewel, right? Just pull through…please…” She took off the rag and ran to the river to get the rag wet again with fresh water, then put it on Inuyasha's now sweating forehead.
 
Kagome did this all night long; running to the river to wet the rag with fresh water, run back to Inuyasha, and prayed to Kami that Inuyasha would be all right.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Dream
Inuyasha was in a valley between Kikyou and Kagome. Kagome's side was green and forested (actually, Kagome was standing in front of Inuyasha's Forest) and Kikyou was on another side surrounded by her soul collectors with a mountainous scenery behind her. Inuyasha thought that he could see hell demons cutting away at the people who went to hell just out of sight behind her. Kagome was telling him that she needed him and had her eyes full of warmth and affection. Kikyou would remind him of his promise to her then stare at him coldly, then turn and look away at someone else.
 
This had to be a nightmare…Kikyou and Kagome in the same place, both calling to him. The problem was that he wanted to be with Kagome-she offered love and life, but he had made a promise to Kikyou, although what she offered was torture in hell by demons along with hatred and cold indifference towards him.
The only thing he really owned was his fire rat robe and his honor…his honor was very important to him, and one of the few things he had. He had to keep his promise no matter what.
 
Since this had to be a nightmare, he didn't have to chose anyway. Inuyasha sat down and waited for this nightmare to end.
 
 
 
 
 
How was it? There is this certain event I have planned, but I can't seem to type it out ever…Fauna always finds something else for me to write about before the event comes. Arg! It is annoying…especially for all who reads this. I think the event was suppose to happen last chapter or the chapter before, but it will come eventually.
 
I think I have A.D.D….I need to skip from character to character…can't focus on them for too long…my chapter are short. Wow. How you put up with me doing this?
 
Oh well, hoped you enjoyed, and review…please…
*quickly goes to check e-mail*
None yet? How about now? No? Now? What about now…