InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The last week of school spent in DT ❯ Slow subway day ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
(tv going)

"Kagome?" I stopped channel surfing there was nothing on tv this early on Saturday morning on tv but cartoons...oh look Pokemon."You have a phone call." Sighing I threw off the blanket that was shrouded around my body. Walking in what I fell asleep in I felt dirty and in need of a bath. 'Yikes I probably smell!'

"Who is it?" I grumbled stretching out my sore back and my neck. 'Bliss from sleeping on the couch.' She wordlessly passed me the phone and went on with her buisness."Moshi moshi." My voice lacked enthusiam and sounded weary and drawn out even to my own ears.

"Kagome is that really you!" Eri's, Yuka's, and Ayame's voice yipped into my ear all at once.

"Ow! Who did you think you were calling?" Impatiently I rocked on my feet noticeing the urge to sit down so I dragged the cordless with me to the couch.

"We haven't heard from you in ages where have you been!?"

"All these rumors in school!"

"They said you were a hooker!" My head pounded in confusion I couldn't tell one voice from another.

"Why the hell did they say I was a hooker?" The other line was silent for a moment I was sure they ran away from it. 'Awkward...'

"When you came to school in the short skirt and tank top." Ayume said quickly. I gasped a 'oh' just for their amusement, the change from my 'friends' pothetic gossip had been somewhat of a relief."You haven't been to class in days what have you been doing?" 'Going out with the deliquent, you know the one that slams doors at everybody?' I kept my thoughts to my self and gently massaged my temples I had developed a sort of headache."Kagome you there?"

"Yeah. I have been in the TAP room," shocked gasps muttered on the other end,"I have also been in detension."

"Until later than seven?!" Yuka shouted."You had the nerve not to call us?!" I wasn't sure how to respond...I didn't want to tell them about Inuyasha at least not until after I got my feelings under control.

"You know the fucking geezer is hard to reason with I had to stay after really late." (white lie) In unison they all beagain...

"WE THOUGHT YOU WERE SEEING SOMEONE NEW AND WASN'T TELLING US!"

"Now why did you think that..." Surprisingly they seemed to overlook my nervous chuckles."I'm going to go back to class on Monday."

"Really?" Eri sounded super surprised.

"Yeah well anyway I'm gonna let you go I have stuff I got to do."

"Alright Bye!" I hung up without even saying goodbye. 'Some friend I am.' Hobbling upstairs tiredly I made my way to the bathroom. 'Time for a nice bath.'

(After the bath in my room)

I changed into a simple plain black t-shirt and blue jeans. Pileing my hair into a lose ponytail I stared at myself in the mirror. 'What does Inuyasha and Kouga see in me? Not to mention Hojo.' I searched my reflections for anything that popped out at me. The mirror seemed so cruel to me my eyes seemed worn out I turned them to the side in the light to see them glint a blue instead of their normal brown color. 'Well thats different.' Peering deeper at myself I looked at my force smile, my black hair that was in the ponytail seemed the same as any other girl at schools did. 'Otherwise what did he see in me,' sighing I considered another thought that always threatened to appear,'Am I just a new flavor he wanted to try?' Then I stared at the clothles he bought that rested on the chair in the corner. 'Does he buy such expensive things for just anyone? Maybe I'm overly paranoid.' I grabbed my new clothles and put them in the bathroom hamper. My stomach started to garble so I made my way to the kitchen for a bite to eat.

Looking at the contence of our food I didn't see anything that appealed to me. Fingering the peanut butter in the back of the fridge I made a pbj. (With as little jelly as I possible could) Slowly taking my time to spread the peanut butter I made sure I had a extra amount of it. Jelly wasn't a terrible thing I just prefered the peanut butter flavor.

(back at the tv)

"Satoshi!" Haruka yelled as he had gotten himself gripping for dear life onto the edge of Team Rocket's Meowth hot air baloon. 'This show is mind boogling...why can't team rocket just steal from Professor Oak? Why are they so fucking stupid and why is all the episodes turning out the same?' Realizing my stupid over analized ideas on a child cartoon. I looked at the clock 11:30. 'Damn why is time moving so slowly?'

I turned back at the show. 'Souta would love to see this...where is the little brat anyway?'

"Kagome could you go and pick Souta up at this address?" Mom said as if reading my mind. She shoved in my hand the address of some location on the other side of town. 'I'd have to take the subway.'

"Whats he doing there?" I noticed how far it was away from here.

"He spent the night at his friends house." 'So that explains the brats disappearance.'

"Who's house is it?"

"Kohaku's house." 'Sango will be there aswell then.' "Better get going unless you want to be stuck in lunch traffic."

"Mom nobody in their right mind would want to be stuck in that traffic!"

"So go!" Rushing I slipped on my shoes and left the house with some money.

(side walk)

Heading for the other side of town...I made my way quickly to the subway enterance.

(Subway 12:00)

'I arrived just in time for lunch traffic.' I thought sarcastically as I made my way to the subway. It seemed as stuffed as normally it is so I took hold of a chain and stood in place. The door shut and sub started moving, the closeness was nothing I wasn't used to but I didn't feel real comfortable being so close to the guy behind me. He seemed like a real sleeze not that I am anyway a judge by the way a person looks but this guy just threw me off.

The guy got real close to my neck and acted as if he lost his balance he didn't leave the back of my neck though. He lingered until he slowly pulled away to only draw his whole body closer to meall the people that was behind him filled the space he once was in. 'Wheres Inuyasha?!'

I felt a obtrusive hand upoun my backside and winced trying to pull away except there was no space to move to and the guy held onto my shoulder. 'This is the kind of guy mom told me about.' I had always heard of someone getting grabbed on the sub by some guy trying to gain some 'brownie points' but I never expected it to happen to me!

Glancing around my eyes pleading as I tried once again to pry myself from his grasp. No one looked twice in fact they even darted their eyes in the other direction.

"Get your hands off me!" I muttered not loud enough for anyone but him to hear.

"Or you'll what?" He smuggly grinned behind me and gave my ass a tight squeeze.

"HEY WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING TO MY WOMAN!" Hands ripped me out of the villains grasp and pulled me off to the side. Koga was the one to save me and not Inuyasha but at the moment I was more than happy to see him. 'Though I wish it was Inuyasha...wait he called me his woman.' grumbling I decided to forgive him for saving me.

"I didn't know she was with you." The dude replied with a stunned expression.

"Well now you do," He pulled me into his chest,"So hands off!" I waited until the guy had crossed over to the next car before I pulled myself out of Koga's grip.

"Thankyou for helping but I can get on my own from here."

"Anytime!" Koga beamed with a smile."As soon as you decide that I'm better than that mutt face isn't as good compared to me let me know so I don't have to kill him. Cause once you had me you'll never go back for scraps!" I half chuckled at Koga's ego it could drown a horse. My stop appeared. (thank god!)

(At the corner status:lost)

I looked at mom's direction which were perfectly written besides the fact it just said to:

Take sub to Hamamatsucho. Then Turn left at second set of lights and then a right at the first street. Near Hamrikyu garden.

'My butt I'll find the house! Theres no real address!' I looked further down the block at any house that might be their house but none seemed to fit. One was a hot pink that didn't appeal to me at all but it stood out amongst some duller colors but otherwise no house stood out to say it was Sango's and Kohaku's home. 'Come to think of it how would I know which one was hers...I don't really know her personally.'

In the distance away from the sidewalk about fifty feet was a small clutter of four connected houses at the very edge before the park fence. Coming from the house I heard a familiar yell...

"Hentai!!!!!" 'Yep thats the house.' Approaching it I stared at the surroundings the other houses seemed rather elegant and Sango's house seemed quite unkept and in disarray. Gathering my courage I rang the door bell.

Ring.............................................

Ring.................................................................... ............

Ring.................................................................... ..................................................- The door opened.

"Kagome?"

(End chapter)