InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Life of a Star ❯ Enter the Star! ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Life of a Star

By Inuyasha-loves-Kagome (A.K.A. Inu-chan)

Disclaimer: Inu-chan = Inuyasha. NO! $ = NO! So don’t sue!

~**~

LARGE NOTE!!! YOU HAVE TO LISTEN TO "I DON’T WANNA CRY" IN ORDER TO MAKE THE BEGINNING SCENE COOL!!! IT’S A SONG OFF ONE OF THE GUNDAM SOUNDTRACKS THOUGH I DON’T KNOW WHICH ONE BECAUSE MY FRIEND JUST GOT IT FOR ME AND BURNED IT AND DIDN’T TELL ME FROM WHICH GUNDAM. THE LUCKY ONES ARE THE ONE WHO HAVE THE SONG ALREADY!!!!

The neon lights flashed on the stage as the mist crawled over the floor. The room was dark but with the cool flashing lights, it ignited the room and made it glow with life. The fog wasn’t white either. It was a dark blue and it poured over the apron of the stage. People started to roar over the rhythmic music that began to play and the lights in the center that began to flash. There was a dark figure silhouetted in the middle of the stage and the music got louder and louder.

As the song rhythm got to a certain part, a light flashed on the figure, showing a girl of around 15 dressed in a pair of leather bell-bottoms and a small leather tank top. Her long black hair cascaded down her back and she held the microphone in her right hand.

Once it was time, she opened her eyes, raised the microphone to her mouth, and began to sing, the words coming out like a river:

Dodemo ii to nagesutete kita

Yume mo aishiteta koto mo

The girl, a famous singer by the name of Kagome, started dancing with the music and going from one side of the stage to the next. Her moves matched the rhythm perfectly since she had been practicing for days.

Kasuka ni nokoru yume tsukande mo

Nani mo kawaru hazu nakatta

The people cheered loudly and sang along with her as she moved, her hair flying around her face.

Hajirmaru koto kanjita no ni

Fuan dake ga sakibashiru

Negau koto wa tada makenai ashita o

I don’t wanna cry

Mo ichi do aishite mo ii?

Kogoeteru furueteru watashi ga iru

"Nando demo futari de ikite yukitai

Anata no koe o kikasete hoshii

This was the only thing that helped; the only thing that stopped the pain. It was a wave of excitement that ran through her blood everytime she performed. It was like a drug.

The song played only the melody for a while before it broke out into another verse:

Kowashitakunai futatsu no kokoro

Mune wa mo harisakeso

Tsuyoku narutte kimete kitanoni

Namida tomaranai nante ne

Hajimari wa nando demo aru

Sono kimochi o wasurezu ni

Negao koto wa tada owaranai yume o

She delivered her voice more powerfully as images flashed through her head.

The images of when her parent’s and brother had been killed…

Tears ran down her face at the first line of the verse.

I don’t wanna cry

Honto ni aishite mo ii?

Kokoro kara karada kara ai afureru

"Nando demo futari de ikite yukitai"

Anata no koe ga amaku sasayaku

At this point the song went during a big instrumental moment so Kagome only danced. She went back over to guy playing the guitar and they went back to back as she danced a little.

"C’mon!" she yelled that certain part of the song when it was almost time to sing the rest of the song.

A voice talked from everywhere and Kagome walked over to stand in the middle of the stage and wait for the voice to finish:

(Guy)

I just wanted you, just wanna try

Don’t wanna loose you; don’t wanna cry

Hope you will give my love another life

You just believe me, I’d rather die for you

The song went slower and Kagome kept her head bowed as she sang. However, little by little she would raise her head:

Hajimari wa nando demo aru

Sono kimochi o wasurezu ni

Negao koto wa tada makenai ashita o

The song sped up and she began to dance again. This was what she enjoyed and as long as she could suppress the images from her head, she was okay. She could do a great performance for her fans.

I don’t wanna cry

Mo ichi do aishite mo ii?

Kogoateru furueteru watashi ga iru

"Nando demo futari de ikite yukitai"

Anata no koe o

I don’t wanna cry

Honto ni aishite mo ii?

Kokoro kara karada kara ai afureru

"Nando demo futari de ikite yukitai

Anata no koe ga amaku sasayaku

The song ended and the lights went out. The audience applauded like they were crazy and Kagome breathed, glad, although saddened, that it was over. She was glad because that meant she could finally go to sleep but she was saddened because that meant another lonely night alone. Another night with her memories.

Another night of crying…

~**~

"Kagome," a familiar and very annoying voice called out.

Kagome groaned but managed to out on a fake smile, although it was a little hard since she was so tired from the performance. She turned around and greeted the only one who made her career a living hell. "Hai, Suboshi-san?"

He was man of about 35 with long, shaggy gold hair. It was always so unkept and long. Then his eyes were always so piercing and a little scary. "Guess what? The concert that was canceled from Tokyo has been planned again. You’re going to Tokyo!"

Kagome rolled her eyes. "I’ve been to Tokyo a thousand times Suboshi-san. Why should this be any different?"

"Yes but you’re giving another concert to your fans!" He seemed more excited about this than her and she was the performer. "And I hear that they’re quite happy about this!"

Kagome brushed past him. "Of course they’re happy about this. They’re fans. And fans love their idols. They love to see their idols in real life and go to concerts to do that." She yawned and fanned him off. "So I guess I might as well get some sleep if I want to be ready for that concert."

She was totally unaware of the eyes that were following her…

~**~

Kagome awoke the next morning to bright sunshine and singing birds. She actually felt quite refreshed after showering and sleeping. There didn’t seem to be anything that would ruin this moment.

How wrong she was…

"Kagome!" the familiar voice of Suboshi rang out. It felt like déjà vu all over again. Was she suffering through hell or what? What could this man want now? He had already told her what he wanted yesterday.

She groaned inaudibly and turned around. But she saw that Suboshi wasn’t alone. There was a young man about Kagome’s age with him. And she had to admit that he was gorgeous. He had thick, silky, waist length, dark black hair and the softest violet eyes that made you melt.

Suboshi and the young man stopped when they reached her. The young man was eyeing her with a weird expression that Kagome couldn’t quite define. "Kagome," Suboshi began, using his hands like he was ushering her towards him. "Meet Daimyou Inuyasha. He’s the son of Daimyou Inukyojin, one of the richest men in Nippon. He says he’s your biggest fan and he’s offered to be a stagehand. He has quite a bit of experience from his high school."

The young man known as Inuyasha reached his hand out for Kagome to shake. His expression was still soft, but Kagome could still tell that there was something he was hiding from her. "A pleasure to meet you at last Kagome-san," he greeted with a smile that made Kagome’s inside’s melt.

She composed herself and accepted his hand. She didn’t want him to think that he had scored points off her. As a popular celebrity, she had to watch out when it came to boys. Usually all many of them wanted was the publicity. But Inuyasha couldn’t be like that. He was already rich and being the son of a rich man probably meant that he already had newspapers after him and that his only escape was his private school and home. "A pleasure Daimyou-san."

Suboshi clapped to bring the two of them away from each other. "Well, we need to get going. We need to be in Tokyo before tomorrow. We should be arriving by today at night. Oh!" He turned to look at Kagome. "And there’s someone you should know that’s waiting for you in Tokyo. A special meeting they called it." He shrugged his shoulders. "No one wanted to tell me what it was about." He then pulled Inuyasha with him. "Come along then Daimyou-sama. We need to get everything prepared for departure. And Kagome," he called back to her. "Go back to your trailer and get more sleep and make sure to practice for your number in Tokyo."

Kagome fumed after he left. How dare he tell me what to do! I don’t have to take that!

Either way she listened and went back to catch some more z’s.

To be continued…