InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Sarrow of a Broken Priestess ❯ Crying in the Dark ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Sarrow of a Broken Priestess





Disclaimer- I don not own Inuyasha.

Chapter 1- Crying in the Dark



Inuyasha watched the priestess closely. She hadn't spoken to anyone since he came back from looking for Kikyo after hearing rumor she was in the vacinity.

He was gone for five days and had been back for three now. His companions told him after he left she hadn't spoken in that time either.

'That's eight days since Kagome has spoken at all. She hasn't even said anything to Shippou or Sango.'

Kagome felt his stare on her and looked up into the tree he was sitting in. She had no expression in her face or eyes. She didn't smile or anything she just went back to her studying. Inuyasha sighed and jumped down and landed beside her. He sat down next to her and she didn't even acknowledge him.

"Kagome won't you just tell me what's wrong with you? You haven't eaten much or spoken at all in more than a week."

"There is nothing wrong with me Inuyasha. I have to study. I have a test coming up soon."

Inuyasha could hear the coldness in her voice and knew he had really messed up this time. 'At least she said something.'

"Feh, well you are gonna eat. I don't care what you say I'll make you if I have to." Inuyasha exspected argument but he didn't receive any. Instead she just plainly said:

"Fine."

Inuyasha looked at her one more time as if she might have something more to say, but she didn't. He noticed how much more pale she was. 'Damn wench is wasting away here. I will make her eat if I have to.'

Inuyasha walked and sat next to Miroku and Sango, who held Kirara and Shippou in her lap. Kagome was quite a few feet away from them looking as if she was actually interested in her studies, but Inuyasha doubted whether she was even really glancing at the book.

"Did she say anything?" Sango asked looking at Kagome with deep concern.

"Only that she had a test and needed to study."

"Poor Kagome, Inuyasha this is all your fault! If you didn't always have to go after that clay pot Kagome wouldn't be acting like this." Shippou yelled ducking down further in Sango's lap waiting for him to hit her.

The hit however never came Inuyasha just went and jumped back onto the branch he was sitting on before.

"What's gotten into him?" Shippou asked looking up at Sango. She just smiled at him and Kirara, who had woke up during Shippou's trying to get out of Inuyasha's line of fire nuzzled the little kitsune.

"It is nothing to worry about Shippou. Why don't you and Kirara go and get some fire wood. It will be getting dark soon. Just don't go to far out into the woods."

"Okay." The kitsune and Kirara both got up and went into the woods.

"It seems Inuyasha is finally realizing how much he has hurt Kagome."

"It's about time. What do you think will happen, Miroku?"

The demon slayer looked hopefully at her friend.

"I know that you wish me to say that everything will be okay. That everything will go back to normal, but I don't think so this time. I think things will be very different this time. I feel Kagome has finally had enough."

"I feel the same way. I just didn't think it would ever happen I guess. I knew Kagome would eventually grow tired of Inuyasha abandoning her as if she were nothing to go after that clay pot."

"Yes, but I still do not know what she will do."

"I think I do."

Miroku looked at Sango and knew she wasn't going to continue any further. He sighed and stood up to help Shippou and Kirara with the fire wood.

Sango looked back over at Kagome and smiled sadly. Kagome wasn't even pretending to study anymore. Now she just lay on top of a blanket starring off into the forest.

'I hope someday you will be truly happy Kagome. Even if it is not here with us.'

////////////////////

The promised darkness came and they got ready to go to sleep. Inuyasha didn't have to force feed Kagome as he said he would. She ate what he gave her without a word of protest. She now watched everyone as they all got ready to sleep. Inuyasha was already asleep up in the tree he was in earlier that day. Everyone else was laying pretty close together even Sango and Miroku. The only thing seperating them was Shippou and Kirara. Kagome almost smiled, but found the muscles in her mouth refusing. She stood up when she was sure everyone was asleep and walked off alone with her bow and arrows into the dark forest. She wasn't sure how far she walked when she finally stopped and crouched down on her kness and cried silently.

"Damn you Inuyasha." She whispered over and over to herself.

She banged her fist down on the ground. She finally stopped and stayed there. Crouched on all fours like a dog.

'Why do I continue to let you hurt me? I know what I have to do, but I can't abandon my friends. They've never hurt me the way he has.'

She slowly pulled herself off of the ground. Every night since the very first time Inuyasha left her and her companions to go chase Kikyo, she waited for all to sleep. She would then go off alone and cry. Although she acted cheerful and lively in front of everyone else she really felt heartbroken and her soul felt shattered. Only on the nights were Inuyasha refused to sleep did she not do this. This last time he left however had really been the last of what she could handle.

She walked back to the camp and Inuyasha moved a little up in the tree.

He apparently went back to sleep and Kagome lay down in her sleeping bag although she lay there awake for many hours.

////////////////////

Inuyasha reluctantly opened his eyes when he felt the sun shining at them. He used his arm to sheild his eyes until his vision was back to normal. He then jumped down from the tree and looked around. Everyone except for Kagome was still sleeping peacfully. Kagome was sitting up on her sleeping bag looking out into the forest again. She hadn't even realized Inuyasha coming down or waking up at all. He went and waved a hand in front of her face which made her look at him. He smiled at her and got nothing but a blank stare in return.

"Good morning, Inuyasha." She said plainly looking down at her hands in her lap.

"Morning. Did you sleep okay?"

"I slept fine."

"Good."

She didn't respond so he went and woke up his other companions. They all reluctantly got up.

"Hey Kagome, you want to go to the hot spring with me? Then we can eat breakfast when we get back."

Sango was sure her friend would say no and was shocked when she said yes. Kagome gathered up all of the things they needed and headed off beside Sango. They said nothing and undressed and got into the spring in silence.

Sango wastrying to think of what to say and decided just to start off with nice conversation.

"It feels nice in here doesn't it?"

"Yeah it does." Kagome said smiling sadly at her friend. Sango saw this sadness and sighed.

"When are you leaving?"

"What?"

"Kagome I know what you want to do. And I'll help you if you want."

"I'm not going to leave for good yet. I won't do that until the jewel is finished and Naraku is defeated. And if after that I can't go back to my time then I will move away to some village far from anywhere near Inuyasha and Kikyo."

"I will go with you in that event, but what about now. What will you do for the time being?"

"I will go back to my time for awhile. Maybe a couple of weeks or maybe a month. After that I will come back and we will finish our quest."

"I knew you would leave us for a long time. Inuyasha is so stupid. This is all his fault."

"He can't help who he loves. I should blame myself for falling in love with him when I knew his heart belonged to someone else."

"Even after everything he has done to you, you still defend him?"

"Yes, I do."

"Kagome I have never met someone as forgiving and caring as you. Inuyasha is a fool for not seeing that you are much better than Kikyo."

"Thanks, but that won't change anything."

"He loves you Kagome. I know he doesn't show it too much but he does."

"Maybe, but I can't compete with Kikyo anymore. It is too painful."

/////////////////////

Inuyasha watched the girls disappear into the woods. He was always greatful of Sango's assistance, but he was more than greatful now. Sango always seemed able to get Kagome to talk when no one else could.

"I think maybe I should go gaurd them." Miroku said heading after them. Inuyasha grabbed the little ponytail in his hair and pulled him back.

"I don't think so Monk." He hit Miroku in the back of the head knocking him out.

"When is he ever gonna learn?" Shippou asked coming to stand in between Inuyasha and Miroku who was lying on the ground.

"Feh, probably never."

"You are probably right."

Miroku came to and began making breakfast. He had watched Kagome many times make the weird food she brought from her time and was able to make it himself.

Inuyasha sat beside him as he did so looking off to where Kagome and Sango had left into the woods almost half an hour ago.

"Don't worry about them." Miroku said.

"Feh, they are taking way to long."

"Does it matter how long they take as long as Sango is getting Kagome to speak?"

"I guess not."

A few minutes later he could smell the girls coming back and a short moment later they came out where everyone could see them. Kagome looked a little better, but not much. She wasn't as pale and she was talking quietly to Sango.

They stopped speaking and sat down to wait for Miroku to finish their food. Kagome didn't eat much, but this time Inuyasha didn't seem to notice.

She acted like she was going to the bathroom and no one seemed to really notice that she took her food with her. She dumped her food behind a bush and went back to where all of her companions were getting ready to leave.

///////////////////////////

Bankotsu slowly opened his blue eyes. Pain immediately shot through his whole body.

'Damn, what the hell happened to me?'

His memory came back to him and he remembered his battle with Inuyasha.

"Damn that half demon."

He heard footsteps and a moment later someone was standing above him.

"I see you are awake now."

"Naraku."

"Yes, I have revived you once more. I have another task for you."

"What about the rest of the Shichinintai?"
"They will remain dead. I only need you."
"And what makes you think I'll actually help you?"
"Because I am the one that gave you another shard to bring you back again. I can easily take it away in the state you are in."
Bankotsu gritted his teeth and put his hand to his throat but felt nothing.
"What the hell are you talking about I can't feel anything."
"Not there, in your chest."
He felt into his chest and realized Naraku was telling the truth.
"What do you want?"
"For you to kill the girl that travels with Inuyasha. Leave the half demon to me you are to only kill the girl."
"You mean that wench that shot me with that sacred arrow?"
"The very same."
"What about Banryuu?"
"It restored itself when I brought you back again."
Naraku left the Shichinintai leader laying there on the ground. He sat up as hard as it was and looked around. He was laying out in the middle of a forest. He stood up and looked around. Off in the distance he could see a village and headed towards it.
"Finally I get to have some fun."
//////////////////////////////////////

there's the first chappie what do you think? let me know please! It my first fic!!!