InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Soul of a Hanyou ❯ Abandoment ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 8-Abandonment

A/N-Sorry I haven't updated 4 a while, been busy with Christmas break starting 2-day, well at least 4 me. I figured that I needed 2 update when NO ONE'S REVIEWED, and the visits were still the same. So this chappie is really interesting, and if u don't get why she left, u will l8r. R&R is good 4 ur health.

"Inuyasha, Inuyasha can you come here a minute?" shouted Kayoko from the other room.

Inuyasha had fell into another dreamy daze.

Inuyasha-What is it Kayoko?

Kayoko-Inuyasha, I need to tell you something.

Inuyasha-Well, tell me.

Kayoko-No in private, come on let's go to the Sakura garden.

They walked through the forest and by the pond until they came to an open field surrounded by Sakura trees with beautiful pink flowers ready to float on the soft gentle breezes. They sat don on the soft grass and Kayoko began.

Kayoko-Inuyasha, I know you're still young…

(Inuyasha cut her off) Inuyasha-I'm eight, I'm old enough that you don't have to treat me so gently anymore.

Kayoko smiled with an amused little laugh, but Inuyasha could tell that she still was sorrowful.

Kayoko-Indeed, it's agreed that you've have grown up quite a bit with in the last two years that I've been living with you and your mother, but that's what makes this so hard.

Inuyasha couldn't understand what could be so hard to explain, he was grown up, he was tough, he could handle anything she could possibly have said to him… at least he though so.

Kayoko-Inuyasha, I have to leave.

Inuyasha was shocked, awe stricken, he couldn't find his voice, he couldn't ask her why, he couldn't protest, he felt so unhelpful.

Kayoko-Don't worry I'll be back to see you again one day.

A Sakura blossom fell into her lap, she held it up and examined it.

Kayoko-A perfect flower, but it probably came from a tiny bud.

Inuyasha-Why are you leaving!?

Kayoko-You're a lot like this flower and it's bud, and so was I.

Inuyasha couldn't believe his ears, Kayoko was leaving and all she had to say to him is that he's a flower!

Kayoko-We start off small and innocent and become a perfect flower for a period of time, what everyone always wanted us to be, a good strong demon. Never become the perfect flower Inuyasha, even if you think that's what you want. Stay small pure and innocent, don't ever become what others want of you. That's what I became, and I realized that it wasn't right, that's why I started protecting hanyous, because if we became like demons, then we're nothing but wanna bees, and we're even lower than dirt, because that's telling them, that even hanyous hate being half and half.

Inuyasha took in her words, now understanding them and still taken by the moral of her story.

Kayoko-Keep this flower, to remind you that you'll always have a choice, and to never become the perfect Sakura flower.

She placed the flower in the young boy's hand and closed and looked at his eyes one last time. She turned away not looking back and walked slowly into the mass of trees with her blue dress and sea of amber hair blowing in the wind. Inuyasha stared down at his hand, and opened it to reveal the flower, and a tiny bud. The little hanyou dropped the flower and he tried to suppress the hot tears that were going to evidently run down his cheek, making him feel weak, that wouldn't happen. Their memories together ran through his head, and he could feel a wet drop rolling down the side of his cheek. That was the first time he had expressed such emotion, he could feel all the sorrow and anger that he had held back during the years, all contained into that tiny tear. The boy stared at the forest and began to run to Kayoko. When he finally stopped, he realized that at the pace that she was walking and that he was running, he should've met up with her long ago. But nevertheless, the young hanyou saw nothing…but trees.

 

A/N-Yeah the whole thing about not being a flower, I know it's kinda lame, but I had to think of something. Flowers were the best thing I had. Ne-way, I have 2 hurry up and get a lot of chappies updated so that u guys have something 2 read. Cuz I'll B gone from like Christmas Eve until like January 3rd or somethin like that. Rite more L8R! 3 Reviews a day will keep the doctor away!