InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Vaults I Call Home ❯ In The Dark... ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

This is one of my new fanfics! Enjoy!
^_^ ^_^
 
 
 
The Vaults I Call Home
Chapter 1 In The Dark…
 
The Edinburgh vaults- an old underground town that was once used as a home for the poor and misfortunate people of Scotland. They are now shown to the public in tours. Many people say the black tunnels are haunted, and creepy things have happened to visitors. They say an old man will whisper cruel things in your ear, and a young boy will tug on your coat or bracelets. The underground city has been passed down by one family that has possessed the land for over twelve generations. The man who owns it now? A man called Inuyasha Tairuku. And he's about to find out that you can discover a lot of secrets…in the dark.
 
***********
 
A man in a red button-up shirt and faded navy jeans walked slowly after a group of people who had come to tour his candle-lit caves. His black hair could help him blend into the shadows if he wanted to, and made him look all the more menacing in the dark corridors.
 
He slipped into the shadows as he saw one of the young women from the group turn to one of the unlit walls, look around quickly, and disappear into the dark. The other people in the tour didn't notice a thing. He decided to follow her. After the tour guide led his group around the corner, the black-haired guy came over to the spot were she had vanished. To his surprise, a passage was there. Just then, something tugged on his shirtsleeve.
 
“Leave me alone.” He muttered to the unseen. He started forward again. This time, he felt like someone had kicked him in the shin!
 
“Go away!” a voice that sounded like the wind whispered.
 
“Hell no!” he answered, and ducked into the tiny doorway. As he did, he heard another voice, this one feminine.
 
“Kagome? Kagome, where are you? You know I cant see as well as you can! Light a candle, will ya?” she said. Another voice growled out this…but it wasn't asking the girl.
 
“Who are you? What do you want?!” the angry female voice asked. The man had excellent eyesight, and could see clearly though the blackness. The girl who had just come in was looking around frantically, trying to find her or him, he couldn't tell. The one who had asked him the questions was crouching in the corner, an unlit candle beside her, looking strait at him with furious piercing eyes.
 
“The name's Inuyasha, and these are my tunnels. What do you think your doing down here?” Inuyasha asked. “Who are you?” The girl who was still standing in the middle of the room was still looking confused, so the candle was lit, and Inuyasha could see them both clearly in the flickering light. She seemed to calm down a great deal as she went to stand by her friend. She had dark brown hair pulled up into a high ponytail, and was wearing ripped jeans and a clean white top. The other had pure black hair so like his own, and an old black shirt that looked like it had known the dark and dirt for several years. So did her old jeans.
 
“My name is Sango, and this is Kagome.” Said the standing girl. She looked like she had seen better days. She had dark circles under brown eyes and her eyes showed constant concern, probably for her friend.
 
Kagome was untrusting; he could see it in her eyes. I wonder what made her like that. Inuyasha thought as he watched her slow effort to get up.
 
“Why are you down here?” Inuyasha asked Kagome again, his voice gentler now. He felt like she was a wild animal, who would flee if she were startled. He didn't want her to leave, and new she didn't want to go.
 
“Living.” Kagome said simply, her eyes trying to hide a sorrow that were as deep as the ocean.
 
“Why? Why pick a place underground? Are you hiding? Or is it something else?” He asked. She apparently didn't like this.
 
“Why is it any of your business? Just go back to the light and forget about there ever being anyone here! I don't want anything but to be left alone!” Kagome snarled, her position showing she was ready to fight and her eyes on fire.
 
“Fine, I'll leave. But if anything, trust this: I don't forget things that easily.” Inuyasha said as he slipped from the cavern. Her heard a deep sigh and a growl of frustration.
 
*************
 
“Is it just me or are men to nosy for their own good?” Kagome asked her best and only friend, Sango.
 
“Guys are a pain in the ass and always will be. That's that. The world continues to spin.” Sango answered, pulling five cheeseburgers from her bag. The shadows seemed to shift, and a couple of two-tailed cats, one black and one cream colored, appeared from what seemed like nowhere. A huge black wolfhound padded silently in through the entrance, as Kagome split one of the burgers in half. She handed half to the cats and the other half to the dog, who gobbled it up quickly.
 
“You think he'll be back?” Sango asked her friend.
 
“I'm almost sure of it, Sango. That doesn't mean I want it to happen, though.” Kagome answered. She munched on one of the burgers herself, and Sango chewed thoughtfully.
 
“Maybe this isn't such a bad thing.” Sango said quietly. She waited for the yell she would, no doubt, receive.
 
“WHAT DO YOU MEAN, NOT SUCH A BAD THING?! HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND?!” Kagome yelled, her voice echoing off the cave walls. Luckily, the tours had stopped so the workers could have their lunch break. No one heard her.
 
“Well, sometimes it's a good thing to have friends on the surface.” Sango pointed out.
 
“I do not need friends like that asshole. I don't need any other friends than you. And I don't trust anybody else. You now this.” Kagome said, glaring at the passage that led to the outside world. Sango sighed. She did now that Kagome didn't trust easily. And she also new that Inuyasha was a huge jerk. But she really new that Inuyasha could have been a lot crueler if he wanted to. And he had let Kagome stay.
 
“I'm just saying you should give the guy a chance. Not all people are evil.” Sango said. Kagome scowled. She didn't want to trust anyone else. She didn't want to be anywhere near a man again, and she didn't want him to come back down and see her.
 
“Anyway, I have to go. I'll be back tomorrow, okay? See ya!” with that, Sango slipped out of Kagome's cave and walked down the dark halls at a brisk pace, the yellowish cat, Kilala, at her heals. Kagome curled up with the wolfhound and the black cat, Dr. Pepper and Coca-cola, and slept as the sound of footsteps filled the hallways once again.
 
^_^ ^_^
 
Hi! Sorry if it was a little short, but ill write more next time I promise. Hope you liked!
 
Pllleeeeeeeeaaaaaaasee review!!!!!!!!!