InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ To Love The One You Hate ❯ The Beginning ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The beginning…

The crowd cheered her name. Welcoming her to the stage in warmth.

As far as she was concerned, the stage was her home. The only place, were everything was right. Were, no matter what, they would always love you. It was her salvation.

This seemed completely opposite to what she had gone through most of the time.

She raised her hand hoping that it would quite them down a little, but it didn't, well not very much. Anyone could easily here the name `Kagome' within a five-mile radius. Probably even those deaf.

Kagome shook her head slightly. The song began to play on the speakers from the musicians behind her.

"As a fall

Through the darkness

I wait for the end

I know it's near

You weren't there to catch me when I fell

And you don't care"

Kagome had written the song when she had first started singing. She doesn't know who it's for, She just knew it was about her life.

"You didn't show me light

You went back on your promise

You didn't stay for the night

To protect me from my fears

You didn't hang around to see if I was OK

And now I see the truth

You don't care about me"

This was the song most people knew her for. This song was over played on the radios, but she wasn't complaining.

"I am trapped in myself

I'm trapped inside this shell

There's no way out

You won't help me

You can't

I'm lost in a world of lies

Hopes and dreams

That will never come true

I'm without you

Why won't you save me from myself?

Why don't you care about me?"

Perhaps she was talking to fate. She didn't really know. She had been through a lot of stuff, and this is how she felt. She felt like fate was always against her and loved laughing at her. Sure, she was famous, but she had to pay the price.

"You didn't show me light

You went back on your promise

You didn't stay for the night

To protect me from my fears

You didn't hang around to see if I was OK

And now I see the truth

You don't care about me

As a fall

Through the darkness

I wait for the end

I know it's near

You weren't there to catch me when I fell

And you don't care"

As much as she liked this song, it always reminded her...

It reminded her of the past…

Of her past. And, sometimes it even brought her to tears.

"You won't show me light

You are going back on your promises

You won't stay for the night

To protect me from my fears

You won't hang around to see if I'm OK

And now I see"

She looked at the front row of the crowd. And it made her so sad, they weren't there, and they never would be. Ever.

"You didn't show me light

You went back on your promise

You didn't stay for the night

To protect me from my fears

You didn't hang around to see if I was OK

It took me so long to realize

You don't care about me

You don't care about me"

What really made her sad, was that she couldn't spot anyone in her family there. And, she knew that she never would.

They weren't alive anymore.

Kagome smiled to hide her tears, hoping the cameras weren't get close-ups of her face, so they wouldn't see her glassy eyes.

She continued to sing the other songs, which she was well known for.

When she finally finished the two hour long concert, she ran backstage, into her dressing room, and slammed the door shut.

She really didn't feel like having people run up to her and try to rip her apart, while others where flashing cameras, giving her headaches, then others trying to ask her questions, or others sticking pens and papers in her face begging for an autograph.

She walked to the couch in the back of her dressing room, and laid down on it, falling into a light slumber.