InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Together You and Me ❯ Away ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Last time in "Together You and Me"!!

Guys-
‘I guess I can trust him, if not, I’ll slice his throat!’

Girls-
‘Great now it’s out she’ll want to talk’ Kagome thought as she walked out, got dressed, and found a rock to sit on. While Sango did the same and followed to the rocks.

Chapter Two: Away

With Kagome and Sango


Sango sat patiently waiting for Kagome to start her story, because she knew that when Kagome started she wouldn’t be able to stop, the longer the story the better. If the telling was longer, Kagome could get it all out of her system. For now Kagome was just sitting on her rock twisting at the end of her shirt.

‘I just didn’t know how to start, so I guessed I should just start from the beginning. So I took a deep breath and started.’

"Well here goes Sango, I was coming out of the well hauling my backpack out thinking I packed too much ramen, well I was just trying to make him happy-"

"Kagome..." You see sometimes Kagome got sidetracked when telling her stories and was well aware of the fact that she did it, but couldn’t tell when she was doing it.

"No no Sango it has everything to do with this story. Well there I was thinking I do way too much for him, then I told myself it was only because I loved him so much. Then it hit me, I love him so much, I love him! I finally realized it and it was because of his dear ramen! How silly! Well I can just feel the high feeling of realizing that, I love him."

The happiness in her showed in her eyes as she felt the feelings over again and Sango was smiling widely at this, but then looks of confusion, sadness, jealousy, anger, longing, and a feeling that was anger, but was so intense anger wasn’t enough, flashed across her eyes in a second. Sango’s smile faded quickly after seeing those things in her friends, no her best friends, eyes. As she listened on she could feel the hurt in her friends’ voice, and she felt so helpless that she couldn’t do anything, for what was done was done.

"So I went looking for him, ready to confess my love. It was afternoon and the sun was setting and he would probably be watching it at our special spot, thinking of me. Well the last part was just mushy hope, but it would’ve been so romantic!" A sigh managed to escape her lips. "Well sure enough he was there, at our spot, but he wasn’t thinking of me, I hope he wasn’t because that’d be disturbing. Well there he was... with..." Kagome could feel her voice cracking and getting hoarse. "With Kikyou, Kikyou! At our spot our special spot! Doing, doing, doing" *hick* "IT! at our spot!"

Kagome was sobbing but she didn’t care, she said she’d tell Sango the story and she wouldn’t make that a lie! "I was coming to confess my unrequited love and i find him doing THAT with HER" *hick* ‘damn, Kagome cursed she always had to get the hiccups when she cried!’ "at OUR" *hick* "special place! So I went to the springs, spent the night and cried the night away! There now you know, are you happy now? And do you want to know what else? He might have been doing this for forever! And we didn’t even know anything!"

Now that the story was over Kagome completely broke down, and cried on the ground. Sango was disgusted with the uncovered events. ‘How could Inuyasha do that, there where Kagome called it their "special" spot? Why didn’t he smell Kagome at the springs after that event? Could it have been the remaining memories of his tide or tides maybe that blocked the scent out? What a disgusting male! If only i would’ve been needing a bath then, then i could’ve helped her, before her anger hardened. I have questions but can Kagome answer them now? No her friend was in pain that no herbs could heal. Only time could heal this wound, if it would heal anyway. She needed comforting, which she could provide.’

Kagome was sittng on her bottom hugging her knees to herself, crying into her knees. The pain was excruciating, worse than the first time even. She couldn’t even remember if there was pain the first time, only confusion. This time was different, this time the pain was just unbearable. That’s when she felt Sango’s warm embrace around her. Sango had sunk to her knees, leaned to her friend, and wrapped her arms around her as if trying to sheild her from anymore pain the girl could take in. ‘It was comforting when Sango hugged me, I guess that was the point, but she wanted to share my pain. Even with her wanting to share my pain, I didn’t lose any of it. It felt like I’d never be happy, when good things come along they always seem to get ruined. Damn that Kikyou!’

"Sango what am I going to do?" She asked waiting expectantly.

"Honestly I think you should just leave, Imuyasha just causes you too much pain." She said sadly

"You really think so Sango?"

**********

Inuyasha and Miroku

"Well you see, I’ve been seeing Kikyou for a while now, quite a while."

Miroku looked dead shocked, of course, it was Kikyou that was on his mind. What else could get Inuyasha to think so hard. What exactly was Inuyasha thinking about though? Hopefully that sculpture/pot/dead thing wouldn’t be joining the team, in turn loosing Kagome.

"I see" Miroku sighed.

"Yea well, Kagome found out the worst way, she kind of just found us I guess. I smelled her there watching, well not watching, but she saw. " He said grimacing

"Well, how exactly did she find you two?" Miroku was asking only to have his suspicions confirmed.

"We were um, well we were, she and I were, uh..."

"No need to say it, but how could you do that to Kagome? Wait you said you’ve been seeing her, how long is that?"

"Well let’s just say it’s been a while. I mean it’s not like I love her or anything, well I do but I love Kikyou too."

"I see, then who do you love more?"

"I just don’t know Miroku! I love them both, equally, the same! I mean Kikyou is someone that I’ve always loved, and I just know she loves me! Kagome is so great, she’s beautiful, kind, compassionate, warm, loving, and so much more. I just love both of them and I want to hold on to them both forever!" He let Miroku talk while he sat and took some breaths.

"Well, though that’s nice and all, Kagome actually has feelings, when Kikyou, well she is made from clay. Kagome is probably really hurt and confused right now. What will you do if you lose her Inuyasha? I feel that our group will be very awkward now." He sighed and just shook his head.

"Yeah well, lay off the groping then!"

‘What am I going to do? Kagome or Kikyou? Kagome, Kikyou. Kagome, Kikyou. Kagome, Kikyou. Kagome, Kikyou. Kagome, Kikyou. Kagome, Kikyou. Kagome, Kikyou. Kagome, Kikyou. Kagome, Kikyou. Kagome, Kikyou. Kami this sucks’

"That sure is a long bath those two are taking..."

"Keh, they’re no doubt they’re talking about the thing we just did. Stupid women they’ve just got too many emotions. I’ll bet you one of ‘em’s cryin." ‘Kagome, I’m so sorry if i caused tears from you.’

"If I was a betting man I would surely bet, but that I am not."

**********

Ladies Discussion

"Well yes, you deserve better than this Kagome, so much better."

"I guess I could leave, but what will be here when I come back? I mean he’ll replace me, Im sure of it. Now that you know he’ll sense that for sure and tell Miroku about it. Then everyone will know and there will be no problems for him to bring Kikyou into our group. Then when I come back I’ll be useless won’t I? Kikyou has much better miko powers than I do and she can help way better than I ever could. She can sense jewel shards too, so what good would I be?"

"Well when I said you should leave I meant leave and never come back. It might hurt but in the end it’d be best for everyone. If Kikyou joins us I know you’ll just be hurt more and more every day if you come back. I just don’t know if I could stand seeing my best friend get hurt like that. I would be hurting for you if I ever had to see you hurt every day. That would just be too much pain for the both of us."

"What about Shippo though Sango? He was abandoned once and I don’t want to do that to him again, it would hurt him and me too much."

"Shippo wouldn’t want you being hurt constantly either Kagome. Even when he’s hurting he’ll have us to be with him and care for him. And think about it, you can finally have a normal life! No running back and forth, you could even be in a real relationship! I just don‘t want you to waste away Kagome, you‘re such a great person, and you deserve to be able to live life to its fullest. We all love you and want that for you, we care about you Kagome."

At this the girls went into a great embrace and held on tight. ‘I just knew you’d say something like that Sango, how am I supposed to leave all of you?’ Both girls were crying now, at the thought of Kagome leaving the Feudal Area forever, though knowing it is for the best. After a couple minutes they broke the hug and talked about some plans.

"So how should I leave?"

"Just leave like you usually do but only tell Inuyasha that you’re really leaving forever. Miroku will understand later. We can tell Shippo the situation later and that’ll be that."

"When do you think I should leave?"

"You could leave in a couple days, when you run out of supplies, or when he brings Kikyou into the group."

"I think I’ll leave tomorrow in the morning, you might not see me leave tomorrow okay? I’d like to walk to the well alone so I can do a little more thinking. Well I guess that‘s it, we can pack up and leave now." She said that confidently but inside she felt really broken up.

"Okay Kagome." Sango said sadly.

"So it’s actually final, I’m really leaving." She added quietly as a tear fell to the ground and Kagome wiped her face.

**********

Everyone at Camp

"Hello everyone we’re back!" Kagome called waking up Shippo and sending him running at her. He hugged her as tightly as he could, and she did the same.

"Kagome! I missed you! I kept these two under a watchful eye, they didn’t go anywhere!"

"I’m sure you did Shippo." ‘Kami am I going to miss this little guy’

"What’s wrong Kagome?" He asked with concern lacing his voice.

"Oh nothing Shippo."
"Oh okay." He said smiling as he hopped up onto her shoulder.

"Oi wench, what took you so long?!" Inuyasha yelled over her shoulder. When he did look over, she had a hurt expression on her face. ‘Was it something I said?’

‘Thinking that "oi wench what took you so long’ was going to be one of the last things he said to her made Kagome’s heart wrench. "Owrisari! It’s none of your business Inuyasha! I just want to get some rest now so leave me alone!"

Leaving it at that she went to sleep knowing soon she would be leaving forever. "Forever" She whispered silently as she fell asleep.



So how was that? too short too long? good enough? did you like it? not like it? anyone know how to spell sit in Japanese? ok thanks for reading r/r!!

-al-