InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Unhappy ❯ chapter 11 ( Chapter 11 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

I would like to apologize… I know this took more then I would have liked to get out but my phone line was down *sigh* forgot to pay the phone bill *grumbles* anyways thank you for your patients. Hope you enjoy the new chapter.

-Jinx

 

Chapter 11

 

Kagome clumsily sat down on the chair that her calves began to hit as her nerves began to shake. Crossing her legs in a not so graceful manner, she placed her shaky hands in her lap, covering one with the other in an effort to hide her twitching.

 

To say she was nerves was an understatement, she was terrified. What did he mean by that? Would you say that to someone unless you weren't human? She glanced at the still twitchy Inuyasha, his hands now painfully digging into his scalp. Then she noticed something, his fingernails where longer then they were before? They looked to be maybe an inch and half long…and pointy! Inuyasha had pointy fingernails! She glanced sideways at Sesshomaru, not moving her head. He was calmly sitting there, staring at the floor as if it proved interesting.

 

She once again turned her attention to Inuyasha, and her eyes went wide. A slow, but steady, stream of blood began to come down his forehead and pool at his dark brow. Not thinking, she jumped up and rushed to him.

 

"Inuyasha!" she shouted, standing in front of him, roughly shaking him to get him out of his trance like state, but this proved to be futile, so instead she removed his fingers form his scalp, jerking his hands away with great effort to inspect the wounds he inflicted upon himself.

 

She was just about to use her pajama sleeve to wipe away the blood, when a much larger, stronger clawed liked hand came up to stop hers. She curiously looked down at Inuyasha, whom she was now standing over. He lightly shook his head, almost going unnoticed by the frantic girl.

 

"Watch" he whispered, not once looking into her curious blue eyes.

 

So she watched, moving his and her hands out of the way, she watched. That's when she saw it, his wound's, in a matter of seconds, healed up so quickly that she thought she might have imagined them being there. The blood that had once pooled on his brow was now gone, having looked as if it socked back into his skin, there wasn't even an indication that there was once even a wound there.

 

She began to back away, her hands in front of herself, possibly trying to protect herself if he, or both, decided to attack.

 

She was about to trip over the coffee table, when a strong arm reached out a catch her. Faster then she would have thought possible she was now sitting in between the two half brothers, her hands in her lap and her head on the back of the couch, staring up at the ceiling, wondering how the hell she got there.

 

"Wha…." She just about said before she cut herself off, not being able to form any words at this moment. So she did the only thing she could think to do at this moment, she took deep breaths, in and out.

 

Something just wasn't right about what she saw! In fact everything wasn't right about it. She just witnessed Inuyasha's wounds heal up on there own, with out any medical attention, and at that they healed up so fast that she almost didn't have time to take a breath. What the hell was going on?! Was she in some kind of dream?

 

`That's it a dream!' she thought as she looked out of the corner of her eye, nope Sesshomaru was still there. She looked to the other side, nope Inuyasha was still there looking at her with concern, something that hadn't happened to her in a long time. She wanted to smile, but this was just too damn freaky.

 

Slowly lifting her head up to get a better view of her surroundings, she never once looked at the men that both sat quietly beside her.

 

"Uh…" she tried again, maybe making small talk will making it all go away.

 

"Inuyasha, just tell the wench." Sesshomaru chimed in, his voice not betraying what he most likely felt at the moment…annoyance.

 

Kagome glared at him, all the things she got so worked up about, were now focused on the dickhead that sat not a foot away from her. God, did she want to slug him, just hit him right in the middle of his pretty little emotionless face. How dare he! What did she ever do to him that made her be a wench in his eyes? Ok so maybe she did order him to sit down, but still that gave him no right to say that about her.

 

She glared harder when he began to glare back. She could tell he was glaring, he's eyes got considerably smaller.

 

"Excuse me, but I treated you with respect, now I wish you to do the same." Kagome said calmly, never once breaking eye contact with the laconic man.

 

"Forgive me" Sesshomaru growled threw his teeth, titling his head a little as is shrugging it off.

 

Kagome nodded, turning her attention back to her silver haired friend. Then all of the sudden, as if a dam broke in her mind, she begin to think about why she was freaking out so badly in the first place. Clearing her throat to get the attention of Inuyasha, she waited some what patiently, her thumbs fiddling on her lap.

 

"…I'm not human." Inuyasha spoke reluctantly, looking down at the floor. Maybe it'll make this easier for him? Maybe the floor will swallow him up so he'll never have to tell Kagome his secret that he'd kept for so long, that even he sometimes forgot he had.

 

"Inuyasha, I don't…understand?" Kagome said, staring at the back of his head, wishing that she could see his beautiful golden eyes that held so much.

 

"We are a demon race." Sesshomaru said getting everyone's full attention, gesturing towards his brother and himself. "That has lived for more then six hundred years."

 

Kagome after sitting there trying to register what he just said…she laughed. She laughed so hard she toppled over off the couch landing on the hard floor with a thud.

 

"…You guys had me going there…" she spoke in between fits of laughter, holding her stomach that now ached, tears of laughter streaming down her face and falling onto the floor underneath her.

 

"This is no laughing matter!" Sesshomaru boomed his voice echoing threw her half way descent apartment. His face etched with something you could mostly likely mistake for annoyance, but she had a hunch that it was death.

 

Kagome seized all laughing at the serious look that was showing on both Sesshomaru's and Inuyasha's faces. Something wasn't right, they should be laughing too if this was all a big joke.

 

Sitting up straight, adjusting her pajamas in the process, she cleared her throat. Sesshomaru, yet again, was looking at her as if she were a bug on his sleeve that he wished to flick away, turning pleading eyes to Inuyasha silently asking if he could get him to stop staring at her like that.

 

"Sesshomaru, maybe you should let me handle this." Inuyasha said, standing up to possibly get Kagome to fallow to speak some where more private. She was noticeably uncomfortable around Sesshomaru, and what he was about to tell her was probably going to make her even more uncomfortable, or run. He didn't know yet? But he hoped with ever being of his body that it wasn't the lather.

 

Kagome fallowed him into her room, slowly shutting the creaky door behind her, making a stupid off the subject metal note to get that creak fixed, in her mind she rolled her eyes. `God Kagome, at times you can be a real idiot.'

 

Taking another couple deep, calming breaths she turned around. But all she could see was the back of Inuyasha. She walked up behind him, but one tiny little word stopped her in her tracks.

 

"Don't" Inuyasha whispered, gesturing with his clawed hand for her to move no more. He didn't want to do this, there have only been a handful of people he's ever told about him being…well a demon, but they are all long gone now, deceased. He felt a wave of saddens wash over him as he thought about all his lost comrades. Maybe one day he'll be back with him…one day.

 

He was brought out of his train of thought when his nose was filled with a sickening smell. He actually had to cover his sensitive nose, fearing that he might pass out.

 

"Inuyasha" Kagome asked from behind him.

 

"Inuyasha, does Kagome happen to have a dog?" Sesshomaru said threw the door, tapping gently with his knuckle to make sure that he heard him.

 

Kagome jumped slightly, she wasn't expecting that, she almost forgot about Sesshomaru.

 

"Yeah" Muffled Inuyasha threw his sleeve. Looking around for something that she couldn't understand, `Why he is covering up his nose?' she thought also walking around, maybe she could find it, she didn't know what? But maybe she could help.

 

That's when she felt it.

 

She closed her eyes, maybe it would all be gone when she opened them, Sesshomaru would not be there and her and Inuyasha would still be in her living room watching stupid romance cartoons and eating snacks. But no…her white cotton sock had to now be soaked in what she most likely assumed was… dog piss.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Hope you liked.

-jinx