InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Unisus ❯ Meetings ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Unisus

Meetings

 

A grey sky covered Midguard like a giant cloak. A chilly breeze swept through the town. The townspeople were rushing about busily; gathering dried fruits, honey, tea, rice, grain, pigs, sheep and cattle for the upcoming winter. People were arguing over rounds of cheese that cost too much, or cattle that were skinny and over priced. Some of the women were gossiping about glass roses that traders were offering them; and how they were magical.

 

The children rushed about with slingshots, caramel apples, or with short, stout ponies. They ran about in circles, laughing carelessly as the grey clouds grew thicker with their fill of rain water. Horses' hooves clopped on the cobble stoned streets. Their riders were the guards of Midguard.

 

Their horses were decorated with gold colored sashes, masks that were purple and blue with rhinestones encrusted in the sides, multicolored saddles whose colors were interlocking, string bangles that were woven from gingham hung from their ears. The horses' original colors were sable, mud, black, crème gold with white, and much more.

 

The riders laughed heartily as the children ran about, as the women argued with salesmen and traders from far off lands. The men of Midguard were helping their wives gather the things they needed, such as trudging home with several sheep, cattle or pigs.

 

As the horses rounded together, trying to protect the one that was being bought, hiding them from sight; a lone figure watched from atop a hill that overlooked Midguard.

 

The figure had four legs that were round hoofed, a sharp, delicate looking horn rested at its forehead and a pair of large, feathered wings were folded gently at its side. She turned her beautiful head to the sun that hid behind grey wisps of clouds. Her light gold, wavy mane danced around her as a breeze blew by. Her golden tail slapped gently at a fly that rested on her hind quarters. Another breeze blew by, gently whispering to her, "Hello, beautiful one, why are you here?" The mythical horse snorted gently at the wind's voice. She had been wondering the same thing; why was she here?

 

Her body was a shiny, coal black, her eyes were an indigo that sparkled with curiosity of these two leggers, her wings were white cotton and her horn was platinum silver. She was named Kagome. Suddenly, she ran off, leaving the wind angel at the edge of the forest. Her hooves barely touched the ground, when suddenly; she leapt into the air and spread her wings. She flapped her great wings and raised high into the air.

 

She flew over unnoticed by the dwellers of Midguard. Descending gently inside the walls of Midguard; she walked tenderly toward the town. Her indigo eyes widened with excitement and wonder as she drank in the sights of the extraordinary town. People turned to the mythical animal that no one had ever laid eyes on; they gasped and cried, and laughed at her; admiring and mocking her all at the same time.

 

Even the guards of the city stared at her. She stopped all of a sudden; fear growing in the pit of her stomach as they all gawked at her. Her ears swiveled to catch the sounds of the people and what they were saying to her. She heard the words beautiful, gorgeous, freak, disgusting and many more. Two guards leapt off of their horses and circled her with thick, rough looking rope.

 

She reared up in fright, her fore hooves raking at the grey sky. She whinnied at the top of her lungs her eyes widened as they approached her when all of a sudden; they heard a cry, "CATCH HIM!"

 

She placed herself down on all fours and wheeled around, her mane whipping at her face. A black haired man with a red bandana atop his head, he was dressed in a loose white shirt and baggy black pants and rushed at her. Leaping high, he landed on top of her, slightly shoving her to the side.

 

She screeched in surprise and shot forward, her instincts telling her to gallop away. His black boots dug cruelly in her sides as he grabbed hold of her mane and urged her forward, telling her to go faster as the guards rushed at them.

 

 

 

 

The werewolf had snatched a loaf of fresh bread, dried meats and fruits in separate jars, and some roots and corknockers grass in pouches, but had to drop everything because he wouldn't be able to run with it all. He ran from the angered people, until he saw the most stunning thing in his life; it had feathered wings, a horn and pretty colors on its body. He hadn't realized that he had stopped, running; he leapt on the back of the creature and urged her forth. He smirked at the beast's speed, looking behind him; he saw the horses slowing down, the guards cursing him.

 

All of a sudden, the beast lurched forward, as if jumping and InuYasha heard a great whoosh. It took a moment in his train of mind to realize that they were flying. It felt fantastic; the air kissed his cut cheeks and caressed his hair. They flew for few minutes, until coming upon the forest she had been in earlier. She descended, landing gracefully on all fours.

 

The giant, mythical horse reared in the air, tossing him off of her. She felt violated; someone with two legs had been upon her back. She tossed her mane and wheeled angrily to glare at the man, or rather wolf that could change into a human form, who dare ride her. She snorted amusedly at his shocked face and nickered when he glared back at her. "How dare you just jump upon my back and demand that I run for you! And, on top of that, you're a predator! How rude, well now that you've had your joy ride; I'll be off looking for acceptance somewhere." She said all ready trotting off.

 

"You think they'll accept you? You're not a unicorn or a Pegasus, you're half of each, and just like werewolves they won't accept you." He said getting to his feet, brushing off his pants. "You might as well come with me; besides, I've ridden you, you're basically my best friend. Besides, what better than a friend who is just as an outcast as you are? Oh, by the way, my name's InuYasha." He said with a grin, showing his fangs.

 

Kagome laid her ears back in irritation at the werewolf, but they both knew he was right; she knew as well that no one would accept her; just like wolves she would be cast out and most likely hunted. She turned back and went up to him. He stood still; she looked him straight in the eye and sniffed him slightly. Snorting, she mumbled incoherent things, most likely insulting him.

 

She stared at him, he had long, black hair that was messy, violet eyes, he wore a loose white shirt, and baggy black pants that puffed out when they reached his black boots. Turning around she began walking. "Hey, aren't you forgetting something?!" he said with his eyes narrowed at her hindquarters.

 

She turned her head to stare at him, "No, not really. Are you just going to stand there all day, or are you coming to?" she asked him with a mischievous glint in her eyes. InuYasha glared at her and grudgingly followed Kagome.

 

 

 

 

"Hey, horse, how long till we get to Orrante`g?" InuYasha asked, further antagonizing Kagome.

 

"My name is not horse, or besse, or any of the kind! It's Kagome, for sixtieth bloody time, you imbecile." She snorted, still looking ahead. "And if we're lucky, we'll get there about sun down."

 

They walked together in silence. The forest seemed to sparkle with an unearthly beauty. The trees reached to the blue skies, their leaves shining proudly with dew, the mossy soft grass felt luxurious on their battered feet, the vines gently swaying in the light breezes, everything was beautiful. Only the soft cuff of InuYasha's feet and the gentle click of Kagome's hooves were audible in the silence that claimed the forest, they could even hear each others' breathing and the soft thump of their heart beats.

 

Out of nowhere, something whizzed through the air faster than the blink of an eye and sunk its sharp tip inside of InuYasha`s neck. "What the-" he was cut off when another landed on Kagome's forelock. Squealing in sudden alarm, she rose up on her hind legs and beat at the air. "Kagome, calm down..." InuYasha said drowsily. The world around him began to spin and shadow, he could feel his legs give in, his body could no longer carry its own weight; it was just too heavy. He slumped to the ground as he fainted.

 

Kagome looked wildly to the ground, seeing InuYasha sprawled out on the forest floor, the whites of her eyes began to show, expressing her fear. Another black dart whizzed by and buried its head in her hind thigh. She screeched this time, knowing she could only run she could hardly defend herself, save her horn. Grabbing InuYasha's loose shirt with her teeth, she hoisted him on her back hastily and took off at a sharp sprint.

 

Running wildly at break-neck speed she leapt over fallen trees, rocks and knolls in the way, too scared to think about flying. Her legs made a humming noise and they grew numb, tripping over herself clumsily, she felt something sharp dig cruelly in her breast and she could feel blood seep down her leg as the sleeping potion set in. She lay there helplessly as her world blacked out, only seeing three shadowy figures standing above them before her body and mind gave into the call of sleep.

 

 

 

 

InuYasha opened a crack of his left eye before shutting it again, as a croaking lizard was being shoved in front of his face. His werewolf senses taking in everything, using his nose and ears. He smelled old ash, new fire, sweat, dirt, greenery, lizards, dogs, cats, birds, blood and humans. His ears could detect sounds of faint chanting, singing, and mumbling, he could also hear... a soft whinny?

 

Opening his eyes he looked to his right and there was Kagome lying on her side with a blanket covering her, he could also see dried blood on her breast bone all the way down to her hoof.

 

Growling at the humans' mistreatment to her, not even bothering to bandage the poor thing with anything he turned to the people. One elderly man walked to him. His face wrinkled deeply, like cracks in the earth, his nose was flattened and his eyes were a deep brown. He wore a multicolored poncho that dropped to his calves, and under that was a white cotton garment. He reached his fragile, slightly shaking hand inside of a leather pouch and with drew it holding something in his hand; he muttered incoherent things while sprinkling the white ground powder.

 

A sudden gust of wind picked up and the old man's long, white hair fluttered and danced like vines in the wind.

 

InuYasha then realized that the powder wasn't going to him, it was going to Kagome. InuYasha jumped back in sudden shock when he saw her, she looked human. Her long, black, slightly curled hair fell in a shadowy frame around her face; her skin was a light tan and in the middle of her forehead was a golden starburst, she looked so... innocent, but she was going to throw a fit when she saw herself; and most likely blame him.

 

InuYasha whipped his head to the old man and bore his fangs at him, which were now elongating; reaching past his bottom lip they seemed to sharpen themselves. The old man turned to him and the corners of his ancient lips curled into a soft smile that spoke of wisdom.

 

He bowed his head as InuYasha stood up; the old man mumbled under his breath his words hardly audible to even InuYasha's ears. InuYasha was transforming in his werewolf form; his hands crackled as they extended, his ribs rippled from expansion, his legs grew longer and thicker, his knees bent the other way as his face grew into a sleek, silvery muzzle and his wolf ears stood upright on his head. Instead of his regular 6 feet, he had lengthened to 7 foot; shaking his head vigorously, he stared angrily at all of the humans. His twilight-silver tail twitched with warning.

 

The old man looked up at him and smiled again. He pointed his ancient finger at him and from the fire that had been made, silver chains flew out. They danced like snakes; hypnotized, InuYasha watched their movements, not noticing that they were now closing in on him. He watched as they coiled and doubled on themselves, how they gently rattled. They slowly, tenderly wrapped themselves around InuYasha, then, all of a sudden tightened like a python that had its prey in a vise grip. The chains yanked him down, tying themselves around a thick tree trunk.

 

Growling InuYasha returned to his normal state, so that he could talk; instead of just growling and snarling at them. "Look, we didn't mean you any harm! Now just let us go, I mean, look at her! She's dying," InuYasha said yanking his head in Kagome's direction, before whipping it back to glare up at the still smiling old man. Out of the corner of InuYasha's eye; he saw three figures approach Kagome, he also saw something silver flash in the firelight.

 

Turning his head, he saw one man holding a knife to Kagome's shoulder, another held ropes and the third; a woman, was holding a wooden bowl. Their brown skins seemed shadowy in the bright firelight.

 

The man with the knife pressed the blade harder against her shoulder, but dropped the knife; in surprise, because InuYasha yelled at him. The three turned to InuYasha, as did the rest of the tribe. They were dumbfounded; here was a silver werewolf, a supposedly fierce fighter and murderous killer, yelling and making a huge fuss about some mythical beast that was turned into a human girl, who would have thought this possible?

 

The old man's smile seemed to fade and turned into a wrinkled frown. "Why do you care for the horse?" he asked in complete confusion. InuYasha scowled, letting his fangs show again, his eyes narrowed at the whole tribe of woodlanders.

 

"I care for the horse `cause she's my only friend and you people are trying to bleed her to death!" InuYasha yelled at them as he slightly struggled against the chains; only succeeding in making them close on him tighter. The elder's face contorted in a face of confusion and yet, understanding.

 

"You care for horse, is friend?" a younger, naïve member of the tribe spoke up. InuYasha nodded, they probably weren't used to strangers, or foreign language which was probably why they couldn't speak properly.

 

"But you is meat-eater; she is meat, why you not eat her?" another spoke up. InuYasha growled low in his throat at the stupidity of these people.

 

"Yes, I'm a meat eater, but no, I would never harm her!!" InuYasha yelled at them, causing their eyes to widen.

 

The old man stared at him, "Release them both... if they wish to die later, that's their choice, we'll give you water, but nothing more." He said motioning to Kagome. The chains dropped their hold on InuYasha. Stepping past them rudely, he made his way to Kagome and wrapped the blanket more securely around her. He lifted her on his back and tied the ends of the blanket across his shoulder and straightened a little.

 

Turning to the tribe, a leather canteen of water was presented to him. InuYasha took the canteen and without another word left their camp.

 

 

 

 

It was a bit hard to walk with a live bundle that squirmed and continually mumbled about coltsfoot, or rosehips. InuYasha already missed her; he missed their arguing it kept things alive and interesting. His mouth suddenly felt dry and his tongue felt fat and cotton-like.

 

Opening the leather canteen he poured some fresh water down his thirsting gullet. The water was fizzy; mountain water. Wait, how could they get mountain water when they were in a forest? Not that InuYasha really cared at the moment; he was just thirsty.

 

InuYasha winced slightly when Kagome sleep-kicked him in his hip. He tried to look over his shoulder to see how she was doing. Her eyes were moving rapidly beneath her eyelids; as if she was searching for something.

 

Sneezing; he smelt something... putrid, definitely humans, or human dogs; either way, they both smelled like rotting corpses of the undead. Scowling as he once again sneezed, he heard hunting dogs and the sound of a male human yelling at the dogs.

 

He continued walking, not wanting to run into them. He heard footsteps to his left and the soft padding of paws. Trying to walk faster without waking the soon to be grumpy and tantrum throwing Kagome, he stretched his legs to long strides. "Hello stranger! What are you doing in these woods?" the hunter appeared in front of him, his deer skin boots were damp with the disgusting smell of human sweat and dog. Three dogs of brown and white strode to their master's side, all whining and growling lightly at InuYasha, who only rolled his eyes at their attempt to actually growl.

 

"What have you got in the bundle, friend? Bet you have a deer or something tasty in there." He said his eyes shining hopefully. InuYasha narrowed his eyes at the word friend; since when were they friends? The hunter furrowed his eyebrows and suddenly smiled stretching a hand to InuYasha, "Name's Cogan, friend." InuYasha's eyebrow twitched; there went that `friend' thing again. He warily eyed the dirty, calloused hand.

 

The hunter frowned. He had expected the man in front of him to shake hands, they would get along, and the man would offer some food from the giant pack and they would be friends, and he would agree to marry his daughter; Kikyo. The man looked strong, smart and ultimately handsome. "What's the matter, friend?" he asked as InuYasha's eye twitched.

 

Didn't this ignorant fool realize what he was? Didn't he realize how many pieces he could cut him into? Rolling his eyes in a bored manner; he bore his fangs and inhumanly claw like nails. The hunter looked startled, but still smiled. "Come with me, my wife's gonna have some food at the table." He said gently as his dogs whined in protest. InuYasha gave a quick, curt nod before following the hunter and his dogs.

 

 

 

 

"Meenas, Kikyo, I'm home and I've got a guest!" Cogan announced as he stepped through the door. A charming, straight black haired girl smiling joyfully as she saw her father.

 

"Father, you're home, and alive! Did the hunt go well?" Kikyo asked before turning to the werewolf, "And who is this?"

 

"Ah, right this lad's name is InuYasha, he's come to dinner. I met him in the woods." Cogan said as he wrapped an arm around Meenas' waist. Her straight blonde hair looked like fine grain. Her frigid blue eyes snapped from his facial features to the now live and moving pack. Suddenly, much to everyone's surprise, except InuYasha, a lean hand snaked out and cruelly squeezed into the flesh of his shoulder.

 

Wincing, InuYasha untied the blanket knot that was loped around his chest, and gently lowered the naked girl onto the floor with the blanket still covering her body. Her eyes opened for the first time in her human form and their indigo gaze rippled like a pool of water. Her gaze snapped from the ground up to the werewolf who was scratching his head nervously. Getting up with a bit of a stumble she righted herself proudly on her two new feet and looked him in the eye.

 

"You, this is entirely your fault! Now I'm an ugly human and I'm not in my horse-" she was silenced when InuYasha's calloused hand flew up to her mouth so as to shut the very angered mythical beast up. Kagome narrowed her indigo eyes at him, their color turning a graying purple. He released her mouth and turned to the family before him.

 

The wife, who wanted her daughter married, trying to kill Kagome with a demonic look, her daughter turning a leaf green with envy, a disappointed, yet joyful look on the father's face and Kagome, blaming him for her humanity. Oh joy.

 

 

 

Hello, well, ummm, next chappy is Envy and Humanity. Uhh....send flames, pleased reviews or suggestions.... uh, yeah....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

7