InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Unknowing Hearts ❯ Meetings and a Proposal ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inu again… ^0^ *bawls*

A/N: Hey Guys! Umm…well this is pretty self explanatory, I UPDATED-- again. YAY! *Blows horn*

Unknowing Hearts:

The First Meeting, Second Meeting, and Proposal

Chapter 3

"Ah… this is the life" Kagome sighed as the masseuse rubbed her back with olive oil while she released all her troubles…but one… Inuyasha.

`Oh my gosh. Why can't I stop thinking about him?' She asked herself as she started tensing up again.

`What's wrong with me! I have a boyfriend who cares a lot about me and loves me. I love him too…. or at least I think I do.'

`But his eyes, they were so entrancing. It's like he could look in my very soul.' She again thought about him as she reminisced the way his lips curved as he smiled.

Kagome noticed his jacket hanging on the clothes hanger. `He smells nice and he was so sweet too. He saved me from absolute humiliation.'

`And the way he said my name …. oh my gosh, I want to see him again.'

"Heh…" She laughed `I can't believe I'm thinking about him that way and I don't even know him. He could be some ax murderer for all I know.' Kagome sighed `Ugh, I should stop thinking about him.'

"Miss Higurashi, It's been an hour already." The masseuse informed her politely.

"Ok Kira, I'll be up in a minute. You may leave now." Kagome tiredly stated.

When she heard the door close, she got up, took a shower, got dressed, and headed for her condo, leaving all thoughts of Inuyasha behind.

"So, Sesshoumaru, do you want records of the trial now?" Inuyasha asked.

"No, It's fine. That was a great case by the way…" Sesshoumaru praised.

"Really? Thanks! I knew right away that I would nail that case with all the hardcore evidence I congregated."

"Well don't get too cocky about it. That was your `first' case you know."

"Yah, but you've got to admit, I did great for the first time." Inuyasha bragged.

"I guess you did… reasonably exceptional for your standards."

"And…"

"And I did the right thing in hiring you."

`Boo-ya!' Inuyasha thought as Sesshoumaru, his best friend, just praised him for doing something he never did before.

"So I guess I'll be seeing you later at the dinner?"

"Oh yes, about that, Inuyasha, you have to make sure that you will dress elegantly for the dinner. It is very formal since it's the `company' dinner."

"Whatever…"

"You won't be thinking that when you're wearing jeans and a t-shirt while everybody will be dressed up in suits and cocktail dresses. You will be the center of `their' attent-"

"Yah-Yah-Yah! I know already. Jeez some people just never change…"

Sesshoumaru raised an eyebrow to this. "So you think you've changed?"

"I'm not saying that."

"Then what are you saying?"

"I'm `saying' that you always stay the same icy person that you are now. But, that's what is so unique about you and how we met." Inuyasha explained as he recollected the old days when Sesshy first intrigued him.

"Wow… that's so long ago."

"Yah, I know."

"Well I guess I'll see you."

"Oh yah! You also have to make sure to make a good impression for my soon-to-be fiancé."

"What?" Inuyasha asked confused.

"Remember! My girlfriend. The one I'm going to propose to tonight! Tell me you remember." Sesshoumaru reminded Inuyasha, as Inuyasha sounded as confused as hell.

"Don't worry. I'm just messing with you." Inuyasha joked.

"Augh!" Sesshoumaru gave an irritated sigh.

"You know what? I'll see you. You're just getting on my nerves."

"Whatever, Later days!" Inuyasha piped up.

After the both of them hung up, Inuyasha `tried' to find a suitable tux to wear for the proposal tonight.

`This is impossible!' Inuyasha screamed in his mind as he rampaged his closet for a suit.

`Nothing! Not a damn one.'

`Why do I have to go?' Inuyasha whined in his mind.

`Oh yah, cause Sess will chop my head off if I don't.' Inuyasha sighed as he got up.

`Why don't I just ask Miroku for one? He must have one for all the places he goes to bootie grab.'

"Heh…" Inuyasha chuckled at the thought of Miroku groping his secretary and the big-ass heal print he got on his head the second after.

"Now where did I put Miroku's number?" Inuyasha spoke to himself while searching for his worthless item.

"Hmm…" Kagome sounded as she decided if the dress she was trying on was good enough to wear for the dinner.

`I guess it's alright…'

`I wonder what Sesshy is doing right now… Kagome wondered about her current boyfriend.

`We've been dating for a long time already. We've been dating for about two years now. Heh! Wow! Time goes by fast. Doesn't it?' Kagome asked herself as she remembered the first time she met `her' Sesshoumaru.

~Flashback~

2 years ago…

`Damn I can't believe I let Sango set me up on a blind date. Ugh! Well there's still time to back out. I'll just go in there and see if he's my type and if he's not, I'll just blow the whole thing off. But that would be so immoral of me. And Sango's probably gonna bite my head off if I run now. Ugh... What did I do to deserve this????'

`Ding.' The elevator door opened as a tall, well-structured man with long, flowing silver hair stepped in the elevator.

`Hmm… silver hair. Now that's pretty unique… Wait! Silver?!' Kagome's eyes rounded a she realized who this man was. `Well, he's gorgeous. We're gonna end up on our blind date anyway so why not start the conversation now.'

Kagome cleared her throat to get the man's attention and to her luck he turned around and met her gaze.

"Hi! I'm Kagome Higurashi." She cheerily greeted and offered her hand to him.

"I'm Sesshoumaru Atari." He responded as he shook her hand when he realized, "Oh! Aren't you the woman Miroku set me up with?"

Kagome was about to answer when the elevator screeched and suddenly stopped.

"What was that?! Kagome yelled in a panic.

"Don't worry. I'm sure the employees of this hotel are fixing this problem right now. " Retorted Sesshoumaru. `So, She's my blind date. Guess this won't turn out as bad as I thought. She's pretty good looking. Now if I can just find a way to calm her down.'

"Kagome, Breathe. Ok! Just Breathe." He said as he put his arms around her to calm her nerves.

Kagome instantly calmed down and looked up to meet his eyes. "This is some interesting first meeting, huh!" Kagome laughed nervously.

"Yeah… So, How do you know Miroku?" he asked pondering on what else they could talk about.

"Well, he's my best friend's boyfriend. You?"

"He's my colleague."

Conversation flowed smoothly after that, and after about 45 minutes of getting stuck in the elevator, the door opened and they finally got to have their blind' date. They talked about each other, their professions and etc… After that, they found that they were interested in each other and found themselves in Kagome's suite making passionate love…

~End flashback~

Kagome chose a golden Vera Wang dress that she bought in Paris. (I can't describe it. Think Kate Hudson in "How to lose a guy in ten days" lolz~)

She put on a pair of yellow diamond earrings that Sesshoumaru gave her on their 2-year anniversary.

Yes. Life was good for Kagome. If only she didn't meet that `Inuyasha' earlier.

She was too caught up in her thoughts when a pair of arms wrapped themselves around her waist. Kagome turned to see whom it was only to find out it was Sesshoumaru. That didn't bother her at all; the only thing that bothered her was the fact that she was disappointed in seeing her boyfriend. Trying to cover her feelings, she kissed him tenderly and sighed.

"What's wrong?"

"I couldn't find anything else to wear."

"Don't be silly kag, you look breath taking. I am the luckiest man in the world." He answered as he took her lips one more time and unwound his arms from her waist.

"However, there seems to be something missing. Let's see…" Sesshoumaru searched his pockets and found what he was looking for. He took the gift out and showed it to Kagome.

"Oh My God, Sesshoumaru!" Kagome gasped as she saw it. `A yellow diamond necklace perfect for my dress!' "It's beautiful" She reacted.

"Turn around and let me put it on." He said as he saw the happiness in her eyes. `Wait till later Kagome. I can't wait to see your reaction to my proposal.'

He put it on her and they both headed for the party at The Majestic.

At the Majestic hotel

"May I check your invitation sir?" The guard requested as Inuyasha searched his pocket for the invitation; unfortunately, his invitation was left in his hotel room.

"Sesshoumaru, what is this party for again?"

"It's for the success of my law offices in Paris." Sesshoumaru answered calmly, fearing that she might find out the true reason for the party.

"Mr. Atari, may I talk to you for one moment." The manager of the hotel said. "There's someone at the door who says he knows you but left his invitation in his hotel. He's making quite a… scene outside."

"It's ok, you can go, I'm just gonna chat with Hojo about our client." Kagome stated as she saw Hojo at the cocktail bar.

"Ok, I'm just gonna take care of this. I have a pretty good idea of who the man outside is." He said as he kissed her on the cheek and headed towards the door.

Kagome sighed and touched her cheek as he walked away. `Gosh! Why doesn't him kissing me feel right?' She contemplated as she headed to the cocktail bar to converse with Hojo.

"Inuyasha, you idiot!" Sesshoumaru yelled. "I told you numerous times to bring the invitation with you."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah! I know what you're gonna say next so just save your energy and don't lecture me ok?!!!" Inuyasha snapped venomously. Inuyasha saw the look of anxiousness in Sesshoumaru's eyes. "Jeez, dude! Calm down. You look like you're about to have a heart attack."

"Its just that …" Sesshoumaru sighed. "I don't know how she's gonna react."

Inuyasha chuckled. "Man, she's really got you on a tight leash. Is she that special? This is the first time I've seen you this way."

"Yah! She is that special. No, even more."

"Ok, Ok I believe you. So, where is the chick?"

"Come on. I'll introduce you to her."

Sesshoumaru led Inuyasha towards Kagome.

"Did you make me a copy of the documents?" Kagome inquired.

"Yes, it's in your file cabinet." Hojo replied.

"Are you positi …" a hand grasping her arm lightly interrupted her.

Kagome turned around to see Sesshoumaru smiling at her. "Oh! Hey, what have you been up to?" She trailed off as she noticed the familiar man behind Sesshoumaru.

"It's you!" Both Inuyasha and Kagome snapped.

"You guys know each other?" Sesshoumaru questioned suspiciously.

"Uhh … yah! We met at the airport. She was the hot chick I was telling you abou …" Inuyasha shut his mouth as he realized that it was Sesshoumaru's girl he was talking about.

Kagome blushed, as she comprehended what Inuyasha just said.

"Well, it's good you knew each other so things wont get awkward." Sesshoumaru spoke.

"Why would things get awkward?" Kagome questioned.

"You'll see. I'll be back." Sesshoumaru said as he made his way to the stage leaving Inuyasha and Kagome to chat.

"What was that about?" Kagome whispered.

"He said you'd see." Inuyasha conjured.

A moment of silence passed between the two, which ended by Inuyasha clearing his throat. "So, you're Sesshy's girl, huh?"

"Yup, that's what it looks like." Kagome looked down, not finding the courage to look at Inuyasha's eyes.

"Hmm… that sucks." Inuyasha uttered.

"Excuse me? Did you say something?" Kagome curiously asked.

"Oh umm… nothing."

"Okay, so uhh…" Kagome looked up not finding anything to say when she found herself gazing at his eyes. No words were spoken between the two, but at that single moment, they felt something neither of them could describe.

"Everyone, may I have your attention please!" Their moment was disturbed as they heard Sesshoumaru's voice. Both remorsefully turned their attention to the stage to hear what he had to say.

"I would like to thank all of you for attending this party. This celebration was originally for the success of my new law firm in Paris." The crowd applauded. "But, there is another reason for this gala." Sesshoumaru said as he motioned Kagome to come forward.

A confused Kagome treaded up to the stage. "As most of you know," Sesshoumaru continued as he held Kagome's hand. "This is goddess here beside me is Kagome Higurashi. We've been dating for exactly 2 years, 3 months, 5 days, 6 hours, and 22 minutes right about now." Sesshoumaru kneeled down on one knee and took out the ring case and trailed off. The crowd gasped. Kagome's eyes glistened with utter shock.

"Kagome Higurashi, the first time I met you, you were freaking out in an elevator." Sesshoumaru chuckled.

"And when I held you, you calmed down. Ever since then, I knew that you would change my life forever. I should have done this a long time ago, but I had to make sure this was real. And I guess it is since you're still here with me. Will you marry me?" Sesshoumaru held his breath as he anxiously awaited her answer.

Kagome's eyes unknowingly searched the ballroom. Uncertain of what her eyes were to discover, they inexplicably landed upon gold.

I saw the whole thing. From the first time we lost eye contact, to the time she sauntered off to the stage following Sesshoumaru's request, and finally, when Sesshoumaru stooped down on one knee and requested for eternal love.

`And when I held you, you calmed down. Ever since then, I knew that you would change my life forever. I should have done this a long time ago, but I had to make sure this was real. And I guess it is since you're still here with me. Will you marry me?'

`These same words are still in my head. Why wont Kagome answer? She looks like she's about to faint!' Inuyasha thought as he intently stared at Kagome waiting for the response she was going to bestow on him.

While staring at Kagome, she appeared to look around for something or more like someone and mysteriously locked eyes with me. `Oww… My heart. What was that? Was that… dread?'

(A/N: Was it too obvious?? Hehehe ^_~ im trying not to… so, don't sue!)

Without Kagome's consent, the single remark that would alter everything in her life and Sesshoumaru's came out of her mouth in one little whisper. "Yes." And that was all it took…

A/N: sorry I took so long! I just couldn't come up w/ the right words to express everybody's feelings. Don't worry! I didn't have a hard time or anything it was just a … challenge for me. Oh yah im sry about making anything too obvious. *Sigh* well g2g hopefully next chappy will be up this weekend. Im still brainstorming. *Wondering* oh yah read my profile if u wanna know more about me. This fic is also posted on media miner if u prefer reading at that site.

Just informing my readers… Ja ne!