InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Unkown Title ❯ Chapter 3

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 3. Fitting in now
 
The sun was quickly setting, and Kagome, as well as her new friends were still walking.
 
“Shouldn't be much longer now.” She said as they walked over a hill. Sango seemed like she was used to the walk by now, but poor Kagome was not. Her face was red and her breath was shallow. And with the setting sun in front of them, shining a bright red light, now was the hottest time.
 
Sure living in California should have helped but, hell; even their summers weren't this harsh. Beginning of the school year and she was already having troubles.
 
“There it is Kagome.” Sango said as she pointed to a rather large house. Stepping onto the driveway and looking up at the great building, she was speechless.
 
The stair case that wrapped around the side of the building were lined with a lush green garden and a black rail. Vines snaked up every so often along the wall, decorated by various colors of flowers. They accented the tan like color of the faded bricks. Kagome stepped up, taking steps one at a time. Hana would occasionally look back to make sure she was still there. Before smiling and walking the rest of the way.
 
Finally reaching the top of the steps, she stood next to Hana, who stood over by the edge of the patio that looked out over the cliff. Kagome noticed that Hana was more beautiful in the light, more than anything. Her silver hair as well as her skin glowed, a healthy glow.

”This house has the best view in town.” She said, not once looking in Kagome's direction.
 
She agreed, the whole city was easily seen, and with the sun setting, it contrasted a red glow on the skyscrapers. Hana sighed, and turned around to head for the house. Kagome and Sango followed close behind her.
 
Inside the extravagant house, Kagome stared wide eyed. It was huge… compared to how it looked outside.
 
The western style home, wasn't common to own by a Japanese family. The floor was decorated with white marble. The stairs were made of some dark wood… cedar Hana called it.
 
(AN: Ya I have no idea if it's a dark wood so…. Um… oh well.)
 
Sango and Hana set their bags and shoes by the door, both looking over at their new friends face, then looked at each other, “What do you think Sango? Do you think she'll need help this year?”

”I don't know. Bu tit sounds like her life in Tsubaki's home can be dangerous. We'll do what we can, right?”

Hana nodded and agreed, then walked over to Kagome, “Hey if you need anything, you come to us and we'll give you a hand.” She said as she placed an arm over her shoulders.
 
Kagome smiled, very thankful that her new friends had her back. Hana sent her upstairs with Sango. Who had came back down for some snacks and tea in the kitchen.
 
No longer had they arrived through the doors, the sound of a bike revved up the hill and into the garage.
 
“Sounds like my brother's home.” Hana said.
 
“Strange, he's never home this early.” Sango said.
 
“That is odd, I wonder what's wrong.” She said as she walked over to the door, opening it… with her brother standing right there in the door way. Keys in his left hand, ready to unlock the door and his helmet in the other.
 
“Inuyasha. You're home early. Is every thing alright?”

”Everything's fine. I just have a lot of homework to do tonight, that's all.” He said to her. Walking past her and headed over to the kitchen.
 
Sango came out with a tray with three cups, a pot of tea, and a plate of cookies.
 
“Sango,” Dodging out of her way, considering that she had popped out so suddenly.
 
“Inuyasha, its good to see you.” She said with a smile, as she walked past him.
 
“Oh, no you don't.” He said as he gently tugged the back of her shirt.
 
“What?” She asked innocently.
 
“Three cups?” He pointed to the third cup resting on the tray.
 
“We have a friend over. If that's ok, big brother.” Hana said sarcastically.
 
“I thought Sango was the only friend you brought over?”

”Well, she's new here. She looked like she needed a friend.” Hana headed over to the stairs.
 
“Hey Hana, did you write down the trig homework?” A voice came from upstairs. All eyes were looking up the case, as Kagome made her appearance, with a book in her hand.
 
“Yeah, I've got it, don't worry.” Hana replied up to the girl on the top stair.
 
Kagome looked down, and saw the boy she had met in the gym earlier that morning.
 
“Inuyasha, this is…” Hana started.

”Kagome, I remember. We met this morning.” He finished for her.
 
Kagome nodded and bowed, “It is good to see you again, Inuyasha senpai.” She said.
 
“Drop the senpai, ok? I hate being called that.” She nodded, letting him know that she understood.
 
Inuyasha walked up the stairs and stopped before her, smiled and walked past her, and into his room.
 
Kagome smiled back at him, but walked into Hana's room, as though she were unaffected by his actions.
 
Sango and Hana, however, had never seen him act like that around any girl he wasn't dating.
 
They looked at each other and shrugged. To them, it never happened.
 
Once reaching Hana's room. They sat down on the floor. Kagome was looking at her small agenda in her hands.
 
“Something on your mind, Kagome?” Sango asked her.
 
Kagome snapped her head up from the book, and smiled, “No nothing is wrong.”

”Well then, pick a movie.” Hana said as she led Kagome to the large book case in the corner. Filled with movies of all sorts. Hana was obviously a multi personality girl.
 
She picked a horror movie, which was decided that it would be perfect.
 
Now, with the movie close to being over, and the scariest part coming up, all three of the girls were huddled up under one blanket, shaking… maybe this wasn't a good movie to watch so late at night after all.
 
Inuyasha had come to see what they were doing, and noticed they were paying no attention to him. He crept up slowly behind them. But, knowing that the twpo on the outside weren't scared as easily… time to see about the new girl.
 
He came up and poked her in both of her sides, causing her to scream loudly, which caused a domino affect, freaking out both the girls on either side of her.

”I should kill you for that!!” Kagome said as she looked at the laughing hanyou behind them.
 
“Oh… oh man… that was too easy.” He said, as he tried to control himself.
 
“Baka, what's your deal?” Sango said playfully.
 
“I found it funny.” He said as he straightened himself and left into the kitchen down stairs.
 
The movie was over now, and Kagome stood and stretched, packing her bag to head home.

“ Well, this was fun. We should definitely do this again sometime.” Hana said, “Sorry I don't have my license yet. I'd offer you to stay the night…”

”It's ok, Tsubaki, must be wondering where I am. She may not care where I am, but I do have responsibilities to do. “ Kagome said, “Thank you for tonight. And thank you for making me feel like I fit in.” She said as she bowed deeply.

”Hey, come one, no need for that.” Hana said as she came over and hugged Kagome. Sango did the same as soon as Hana let go. Kagome waved good bye to them and started walking down the steps.
 
At the bottom, Inuyasha was just pulling out his bike once more, “Heading home?”

”Hai, it's late.” Kagome responded with a smile.
 
“Well, since its late, why don't I give you a ride? Its dangerous for a pretty girl like you to be wandering the streets by yourself.” He suggested.
 
She blinked and was about to refuse, when he dumped a helmet in her hands. As though he gave her no choice.
 
She strapped it on, and walked over to the bike, where he was currently sitting, “Ever rode on one of these before?” He asked, her face was full of confusion.
 
She shook her head.
 
“Sit here and just hang on tight.” He said as he patted the spot behind him.

Kagome did as she was told, and wrapped her arms around his slender waist. He started up the bike once more. The sound was loud in her ears, and since his were more sensitive, she wondered how he could stand this.
 
“This helmet muffles most of the sounds on the bike, but I can still hear.” He said as though he read her thoughts.
 
She nodded, and he pushed off, starting out slow, when he felt her squeeze him in fright.
 
They rode off down the Tokyo streets. He knew the way, since Kikyo was now his current girlfriend. The bike shut off, and the small house was dark. No one was home.
 
“Thank you for the ride. I wonder where every one is though.” Kagome said as she gave him the helmet.
 
“Keep it,” He said, meaning to the helmet. Kagome pulled it back, “Something tells me your going to need it.” She smiled and nodded.
 
“Well, Miroku is waiting.” He said as the engine started again, “See you round?”

“Hai.”

She waved bye and walked into the empty house. There was no note, no sign that any one was home, or had been for hours.
 
“Tsubaki and Kikyo must have gone out again.” Kagome said to no one in particular. She set her keys in her room. Small and compact, but it was home.
 
She cleaned the house, making it look nice at least and went to bed for the night. This is how she had spent her time here in Tokyo for the first few months. She cooked, cleaned, did her studies and went to bed. And when she didn't do something right, Tsubaki would strike her, or find some other cruel punishment.
 
Though, this wasn't even the beginning of her life here under this house hold.