InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Unworthy One ❯ Chapter 10 - Do Not Piss Off the Taijiya... ( Chapter 10 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
**Not for Kikyou Lovers! This story contains violence, sexual content and rape! You are WARNED**

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha, nor any of the associated characters. But it ain't because I don't want or wish to do so.




Chapter 10 - Do Not Piss Off the Taijiya...


Sango had heard enough. Without any outward sign to show her agitation, she quietly stood up. "Shippo, stay with Kagome. We need a bit more wood for the fire. I will be right back. Do not worry, I shall not go far," Sango said calmly.

She then turned, and stalked, literally acrossed the clearing to the edge of the woods, where Kikyou currently stood. She walked right up to the now ex-priestess, and shoved her back into the nearest tree. Quick enough to make any youkai flinch, she had her wrist blade snapped forward, and sitting right up against Kikyou's throat, just enough to break the skin and to let a trickle of blood run down her neck.

"You know something," Sango stated more than asked, "I don't like you. In fact, I have never liked you, and I for one am proud to say, that I will never like you. The only reason that you live right this second, is because that hanyou lying over there, kami knows why, does like you. I am sure that he would still like you, even if you suddenly lost the ability to speak. I would personally take great pride in relieving you of that ability. If you so wish to find yourself relieved of the need to do so for the remainder of YOUR pathetic life, then I would strongly suggest that you be stupid enough to open your mouth again, while I can still hear you. Do I make myself perfectly clear........bitch....?"

Kikyou just swallowed nervously, and nodded her head that she understood the Taijiya's promise. Sango let her go, and watched with satisfaction as the ex-priestess slid gracelessly to the ground and stayed there. A short time in the woods, brought a fresh supply of firewood and a couple of rabbits to the campfire. In moments the fire was replenished and the two rabbits, cleaned, dressed and put to cook.

Kikyou chose wisely, to stay where she had suddenly sat down, and kept her mouth closed. She was not quite foolish enough to stick her foot in her mouth again...so soon.

It had taken Miroku most of the afternoon, to fetch Kaede. The sun was almost set by the time he and Kirara returned with the aged miko. It had only taken the old woman moments after arriving to take stock of the situation, and know what had transpired.

"Miroku, take that large pot that we brought with us, and fill it with water. We will need more than is already here. Set it to heat in the fire quickly. I am not sure if I can save her feet, but we will do our best. Sango, are those the herbs that Sesshomaru obtained for Kagome?" the old miko asked.

"Hai, Kaede-baa-chan," she said.

"There is some honey among the things we brought with us," Kaede said, "take some of it, and put it into the tea. It will help to soothe her torn throat tissues. Perhaps we can save her voice, at least there is hope there." the old woman sighed.

"Child, what have you suffered this past week and more?" the old woman nearly cried.

"Fine sister you are, Kaede," Kikyou spoke before she recalled that she wanted keep her voice, "Tending to the needs of a tainted bitch, before you even welcome your elder sister."

Sango was up in a flash, and once again had Kikyou pinned as before, the sharp edge of her blade at the woman's throat.

"Listen bitch, because I will not repeat myself to you again," Sango spat in her face. "As far as I am concerned that woman over there is far more deserving of a life than you have been, or will ever be. I personally do not know why you are alive now, but if you so much as whisper one more word, it will be your last. You try my patience......bitch.....do not make that mistake again. If I have to make a choice between your worthless, pathetic, weak, and useless life, and Kagome's....I know what my choice will be, and I personally will not care if Inuyasha hates me for the rest of my life."

Kikyou started to say something, but quickly thought better of it, when she saw the look in Sango's eyes. She quietly sat back down, and shut her mouth. Sango returned to the fire to continue helping Kaede.

While Kaede did what she could to treat Kagome's her injuries, the others brought her up to date on the little information that they knew. At the moment, the only ones who knew everything that had occurred was Kagome, who could not speak and be heard, and Sesshomaru, who was still busy, educating Inuyasha.

Miroku took over tending the food by the fire, including taking some of the herbs and other supplies that they had brought from the village, and putting together a rich broth for Kagome. For a short time, he took Shippo into the nearby forest, and with Shippo's sharp senses, and several of well placed snares, was able to bring back three more rabbits. These helped to feed the broth for the ailing Miko, and provide additional food for everyone else.

"Kaede, you need to know," Sango spoke up, "that Sesshomaru-sama has claimed Kagome as his mate, and he told me just before he started...'educating'...Inuyasha, that Kagome is with child. He said you needed to know."

"Aye, child. I do. She has suffered far too much loss of blood. It will be touch and go," spoke Kaede. "I only hope that I can save both. We need to get more food into her. Especially with the herbs meant to ease her pain and fever. Sesshomaru did well, but had not enough time for more progress to be made. Be sure to apply some of that extra honey I brought along, on both of her feet before ye apply the poultices.

How long have him and Inuyasha been like that? Kagome needs Sesshomaru now more than ever," the old miko spoke, as Sango applied the honey.

"They have been like that since just after Miroku left to fetch you, Kaede-baa-chan," said Shippo. "What are they doing? Why did Sesshomaru cut his and Inuyasha's hands, and put them together with a rock between them."

"What kind of a rock, Shippo?" asked Miroku.

"It looked like an ordinary river stone," Shippo responded, "but I think it had some kind of marks on it."

"It did, Miroku," spoke up Sango. "I only saw it briefly, but it had some kind of kanji on it. When he placed it between their palms, the magic seemed to take hold of them, and that was when they stopped moving."

"They should be coming out of this soon then," the houshi stated with confidence.

"Then ye recognize this magic, ne?" asked Kaede.

"Hai," was Miroku's reply. "It is sorcery. The kanji on the stone allows the barer to link minds with anyone that he or she chooses. In this case, Sesshomaru to Inuyasha. The barer then can use the connection to obtain, or share information. It can be images, words, or even a combination of the two."

"Why would Sesshomaru want to share information," Sango began, "with Inuyasha? Better yet, what information could he be sharing?"

"Maybe he had not originally intended to use the stone on Inuyasha," popped up Shippo. "Remember, he told Inuyasha that he found Kagome sitting here by the lake. Sitting in a pool of her own blood. Maybe, he had the stone originally to use on her. Perhaps he had meant to use it to get information from her to learn about why she was here and what had happened to her."

"Considering that her throat seems to have suffered some kind of serious damage," spoke up Kaede, "along with her other injuries that would make sense. He might have felt that linking with her mentally would give him answers to his questions, that she could not say in her condition."

"You are right," said Sango. "Maybe that is the reason that the one cut on her was his doing. Perhaps he at first thought she was trying to fool him, and he attacked her before he got the stone, or found a better way to obtain the information he wanted."

"One of these wounds was made by Sesshomaru?" asked Miroku.

"Hai, Shippo says he can still smell the scent on that one," said Sango in answer.

"Perhaps that is from what he said about Kagome, too," spoke up Shippo. "Remember? He said that Kagome was begging him to punish her."

"What do ye mean child? Kagome asked Sesshomaru to cause her pain?" asked Kaede shocked to hear that such was the case.

"Hai, Kaede-baa-chan," replied Miroku. "According to Sesshomaru, he found Kagome here by this lake two nights ago. He claims that she was trying to get him to punish her, as she thought she had to suffer excruciating pain to pay for past crimes she had committed. Unfortunately, we were unable to get more information, before Kagome suddenly tried to defend Shippo when she thought that Inuyasha was going to hurt him."

"Hai," spoke up Shippo from the warmth of the furs covering Kagome, "that was when Kagome's wounds opened up again, and we had to get her to stop because she was bleeding so bad, and standing on her damaged feet was not helping either."

"What kind of crimes has the child thought she done, to make her want to suffer such pain?" speculated Kaede out loud.

"There are several crimes the bitch committed," spoke a voice that was rapidly becoming a hated sound. "Stealing my soul was one of them." Again, for the third time that night, Kikyou found Sango at her throat, only this time Sango was ready to slit her throat and watch the blood pour.

"Tell me, sister dear," Kaede said before Sango could finish her move. "If ye soul was stolen, then how is it that Kagome or for that matter little Rin, was born? Even more, considering that the last time that I lay eyes on ye, it was more than apparent that ye were anything but alive, why are ye obviously alive now? I clearly even remember when ye was first buried, having tended ye grave more than fifty years ago. According to the Laws of Nature, at the moment one dies and accepts that death, one gives up all rights to keep that soul.

Ye clearly did that when ye told me that ye wanted the jewel burned with your body. And before ye try to say that I am making this up, keep in mind that much of the village heard ye make that statement, and I can easily still find witnesses to bare out that ye said just that. And if ye are alive now, how is it that Kagome is as well? Especially if ye soul was stolen by her?"

"Yeah, and where are your soul stealers?" demanded Sango.

"Even better," spoke up Miroku. "I clearly recall seeing you shoot Inuyasha in the back during the battle with Naraku. Kagome purified you with her last arrow for it. There was not even a body left when the light cleared away."

"Good," Sango said, "you are alive again. That only means that I can make you feel some of the pain that you have caused to both Kagome and Inuyasha over the past few years. I shall enjoy watching you bleed."

"Iie," came a strained voice. "Do not kill her Sango."