InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Watching From A Distance ❯ Unnerving feelings ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Yay! Another chapter here. I want a few of many things to come to happen in this chapter. I won't reveal them just yet, because you must read to find out. But let's just say this will be the most fulfilling chapter to far. Well, to me at least. It'll clear the air of a few things as well. Now, this may be a huge leap from the general storyline, but it will return to normal. I just want to let a few things to be known for the next chapter.

________________________________________________________________ _____________________________

"Inuyasha, slow down!" Kagome yelled.

"Maybe you should speed up a little, then I wouldn't have to slow down!" Inuyasha yelled back. Inuyasha came to a complete halt, as the scent of blood once again filled his nostrils.

"What -pant- is it, Inuyasha -pant-?" Miroku asked, the hanyou, trying desperately to catch his breath.

"I smell blood." Inuyasha said, perking his ears slightly. "Over there!" He said, running towards a clearing in the trees. Miroku wasted no time in following him, and Kagome was close behind. Inuyasha slowed his pace, as he approached Sango.

"Sango, are you okay?" Miroku asked, kneeling near her.

"Yes. I'm fine. "

"Where's Kagura?" He asked, searching the area with his scarlet eyes.

"She's long gone. I managed to fight her off a bit. But I had to run to escape the poison insects. For some reason they chose not to come into this spot. It was if they were scared." Sango struggled to stand to her feet on her tired legs. They nearly buckled under her weight, because she'd pushed them so hard to get away from Naraku's bugs. Miroku noticed her struggle, and helped her up, letting her rest most of her weight on his shoulder.

Inuyasha sniffed the air slightly, and a low growl escaped his throat, earning him attention from his friends.

"Inuyasha, what is it?" Kagome asked, slight concern on her face.

"I smell a demon. Not just any demon, either." He paused, sniffing the air once more as if to confirm before speaking. "Sesshomaru."

As if being summoned, Sesshomaru emerged from the trees, with a young girl, and a toad at his side.

"Well if it isn't Fluffy." Inuyasha said tauntingly. Sesshomaru shot him a slight glare, but his placid expression never changed.

"What are you doing here, Inuyasha? Surely you smelled that this area was already taken."

"Actually, I could care less that you're here. I just came to retrieve one of my friends. Other than that, I have no desire to be here." Inuyasha said, struggling to maintain his discomfort. But he knew his brother could smell it.

"Worried, Inuyasha?" Sesshomaru asked tauntingly. "Don't worry, I have no desire to kill you. Especially in front of Rin. But don't think that I won't kill you the next time we cross paths." Sesshomaru stated coldly. Inuyasha grunted slightly. Unfazed by his brother's words. Although Sesshomaru was no pushover, neither was Inuyasha, and he would make that known.

"We'll just see, Sesshy-boy." Inuyasha turned heel, as his friends slowly walked behind him. Inuyasha was busy walking when he heard his brother whisper something that he knew only he would hear. Something that would stay with Inuyasha forever and always.

Back in the village once everything was semi- orderly the group sat cross-legged in front of a small fire. The small group was completely quiet as if each were deep in thought. But soon someone broke the silence.

"Sango, do you think that maybe we could take a small walk?" Miroku asked. Earning a raised eyebrow from everyone. "Just a walk." Sango eyed him quizzically, but soon nodded her head. She could feel that she'd probably have to smack him before the night was over. Miroku and Sango exited Kaede's hut, and went a slightly secluded place near the Bone Eater's well.

Miroku stopped, and looked into Sango's eyes. His face and his eyes displayed a seriousness that Sango had only seen during battle, and it shocked her a bit. Whatever Miroku had to say was obviously serious, and it made her tremble slightly.

Okay. I decided to stop this fic here for a few reasons.

Ultimate fear that it would take another turn for the worse.

Ultimate writer's block closely related to number one.

Because I wanted to leave you hanging slightly so that I could really drag you into the story since it will be getting a little emotional in the next few chapters.

Can anyone guess what Miroku has to say? Yes, no maybe? Tell me what you would like to happen, and what you think he has to say. I'll be waiting for reviews.

P.S I know this chapter was short, and not really that good but I've been on the verge of a mental breakdown lately so forgive me.