InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Watching From A Distance ❯ Wedding ( Chapter 14 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Okay, here it is! And I believe I did stay in my 4-5 day schedule. Clap for me! ^-^ Well, anyway on with the show. This story is set forward one month, therefore Kagome is in her fifth month of pregnancy. Keep up with it, people!

---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------

Kagome's mother walked through the house, humming the wedding song repeatedly.

"Will that woman ever shut up?" Inuyasha asked rolling his eyes.

"I doubt it. She's pretty psyched about it. Her baby girl finally growing up." Kagome said with a sigh. Inuyasha looked at Kagome as she looked on at the TV, her hand on her belly rubbing it softly.

"Kagome?"

"Yes, Inuyasha?"

"Are you happy about all of this?" Inuyasha asked, a serious look on his face. Kagome turned to look at him, and stared longingly into his amber eyes.

"Of course I am, Inuyasha. It just feels so weird, you know. I have to leave home, and all of my friends. But I guess it's all worth it to be with you," She said smiling, rubbing a hand over his cheek tenderly. "Besides, I can always come visit."

"…Kagome."

Kagome sighed and turned her back to Inuyasha leaning into his embrace. She laid her head on his shoulder and held on to his hand softly. "Inuyasha, I'm so happy you chose me and not Kikyo." She said in a low whisper. And had it not been for Inuyasha's keen hearing it would have near been impossible for him to hear.

"There was no contest from the start." Inuyasha smiled, and gave Kagome a loving kiss on the nose.

"Ewww. Not on the couch!" Souta yelled. "Mom, Kagome and Inuyasha are doing bad things on the couch!"

"Why don't you go play with those pacman cards or something."

"It's Pokemon!" Souta retorted smartly.

"Ahh whatever." Inuyasha said with a wave of his hand. He didn't understand how anyone could trap demons in small cards for little kid's amusement. No one had bet not ever try to trap him into some colorful card, or he'd make sure they'd die upon his release.

"Kagome, Inuyasha. If you must go upstairs. There are children here besides yourselves. Ms. Higurashi called from the kitchen. He sounded serious, although she wore a pleased grin. `Kagome has found someone that truly loves her. Although I wish it could have waited a while longer, I'm extremely happy for her. Let's just hope she doesn't end up like us.' Ms. Higurashi thought, looking out the window. She hoped and prayed that Inuyasha wouldn't be taken from Kagome as her husband was taken from her. She sighed and went back to arranging for the wedding. It was only in a week, and there were still things that needed to be done.

---------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------

"Inuyasha! Come now!" Ms. Higurashi called from downstairs. "Grandpa is going to take you to be fitted with a tuxedo."

"Tuxedo, what is that?" Inuyasha asked Kagome.

"It's a form of clothing. It's pants and a jacket. Usually when people wear them they look like penguins although they come in an assortment of colors."

"Penguin?"

"Inuyasha!"

"I'm coming lady!"

Inuyasha reluctantly crawled from the bed and pulled himself away from Kagome. Instead of walking down the stairs Inuyasha jumped and landed at the side of Kagome's mother.

"Happy now?"

"Not quite. Wear this." She put a red baseball cap on Inuyasha head to cover his dog-ears. "Don't want you causing a scene." She said with a smile.

"Keh." Was Inuyasha's reply? He walked out the door with Grandpa hoping he'd throw another `spell' at him so he'd have a reason to tear him apart.

"Kagome. It's your turn honey. We have to take Souta over his friend's house then we'll look for you a dress. If we can find one."

"Yes mom, I'm coming." Kagome got dressed in the only thing she owned that would possibly fit over her large belly. A pair of sweatpants and a long T-shirt. But it was kind of an uncomfortable outfit considering it was 80-degree weather. Kagome walked down the stairs to as quickly as she could without tripping over her own swollen feet.

--------------------At the bridal store-------------------

"Kagome, suck it in!" Her mother ordered.

"Mom, I can't. IT WON'T FIT!"

Kagome's mother sighed profoundly, and took a seat on the bench. "This is going to be difficult."

"Well I'm sorry that I'm as big as a house, mom." Kagome said plopping down on the small circular thing she'd been standing on to model the dress."

"Honey. You're not as big as a house, and you're beautiful. I just wonder sometimes how I'm going to deal with you going away. I mean I know you'll visit but it won't be the same."

"Mom, I promise I'll visit regularly. " Kagome said with a reassuring smile. Although she knew inside that it would be harder then ever to keep the promise she'd just ensured her mother she'd keep.

--------------------The Wedding -----------------

The shrine was decorated in beautiful red and white ornaments. Doves were kept in a cage next to the god tree preparing for their release. The bridesmaids and the groomsmen all stood near the god tree as well preparing the wedding to start. Kagome's grandfather stood at the end of the row, which was decorated with red and white rose petals white to represent Kagome, and red to represent Inuyasha. Together they made beautiful colors. A woman dressed in a red flowing gown stood near a harp, strumming it softly. The soft cooing of the doves and the strumming of the harp was truly relaxing. And next to Grandpa stood a nervous Inuyasha. Never before had he lost his cool as he did today. Although weddings were nothing common to hanyou's or youkai's, Inuyasha was still nervous. He felt he had to do everything perfectly. He had to be perfect for Kagome. All kinds of nervous thoughts ran through his head as he struggled not to run away not to look for her. He looked around at all the people that sat in the white wooden chairs. They all seemed to be as nervous as he was. Then, a different kind of music began to play, and he saw her. He saw Kagome for the first time that day. She was beautiful. She wore a long white gown with a trail so long it looked as if it could reach the heavens. She wore a small crown that had a silk transparent veil covering her lightly decorated face. She wore a smile that lit up the room and made everyone's hearts skips a beat. She walked slowly and gracefully to her husband, her life, he everything. As she walked tears slowly streamed down her cheeks as she realized that no matter what she was Inuyasha's and Inuyasha was hers. She finally made it to grandpa as he began to start the ceremony. Then came the time for the kiss. Inuyasha slowly lifted the veil as he was instructed to do so many days ago. Kagome was still crying softly, and this made him smile as he noticed they were tears of joy. He reached out with a curled finger to wipe the tears from her eyes and whispered, "Don't cry, my Kagome. I'll always take care of you." And wrapping his arms around her waist he kissed her soundly. And at that moment the doves were released. Inuyasha still held Kagome in his arms as the birds flew away into the sun. And the sun shined down on Inuyasha and Kagome as if giving it's blessing. Smiling and staring lovingly into each other's eyes Kagome and Inuyasha had once again formed another wall around their souls. The wall, which they in time built together.

---------------------------------------------------------------- ---------

Yes, this was fun to write! Awww…I want my wedding to be this way. Well anyway. There's been a change a plans. Me wanting to end the story romantically the next chapter will consest of the reception, and honeymoon. Okay. Thank you!

A heart so pure