InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Waves of Fate ❯ Kagome the Pirate ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Inu Yasha groaned as the sunlight came through the window of the cabin. He sat up and stretched the kinks out of his back. "Damn, next time I will remember not to fall asleep at my desk again," he muttered to himself as he rubbed his now aching neck.

The sound of the waking captain caused the girl to open her tired eyes. "Nn-nngh..."she mumbled rubbing her arm across her eyes and sitting up in the bed, tucking the sheets around her chest.

"Captain?" she asked quietly, sleep making her voice crack, and the sunlight dust falling against her tangled ebony hair, making it look almost red with highlights.

Inu Yasha cast his golden eyes towards the girl in his bed. "What is it, Kagome?" he asked as he stood up and stretched fully.

The girl blushed as she felt the cool sheets against her bare skin, her now booze free mind clear to think of her actions. "Um... what are we doing today?" she asked quietly.

He thought for a moment before answering. "We need to weigh anchor and get some supplies from the nearest port," Inu Yasha said as he straightened his long hair and tied it back. "Why?"

"Oh..." Kagome said quietly as her gaze fell. She tugged the sheets higher up around her chest and let her face drop, her hair shielding it from his gaze. She studied the wrinkles in the fabric spread over her legs. This was the last she would spend with Inu Yasha and his crew. She had only known them for a very short time, but she already knew she would miss them dearly.

Inu Yasha watched the girl for a few moments before speaking again. "What's wrong, Kagome?"

Kagome's head lifted at the sound of his voice and she felt warmth spread through her. She smiled sadly and shook her head. "Oh it's nothing; I guess I've just become attached to you guys." She pulled herself out of the bed, dragging the sheet with her. She started dressing behind the sheet, falling silent again.

He sighed. "You don't want to live the life we live, Kagome. It's hard, and you never know when, how, or where you are going to die."

The girl paused as she was pulling her shirt on. She looked up at him quietly, then pulled it on the rest of the way, the started making the bed carefully. Finally, she walked towards the door, but paused with her hand on the knob.

"It's the same where I'll be in town. But at least here..." Kagome stopped herself and shook her head, and walked out of the cabin, into the throng of crew members, letting the end of the sentence linger in the air of the cabin.

Inu Yasha followed her outside. "It's up to you, Kagome. It's your choice to stay or not."

The girl paused at his voice and looked back at him. As she stood there, the soft sea morning breeze tossed her hair about her body as she watched him. She looked off to the side out the green waves of the sea, tears as salty as the endless depths streaking her face.

"I don't know what I would do here besides burden you, but I don't know what I would do on land either. My mother is dead, my brother is gone, all of my relatives have been killed by the plague or the wars. I'm just a silly little girl with nothing to offer." She looked up at him and her brow furrowed as she tried to staunch her tears. "I don't know what I could offer to do for you, yet I don't want to leave. I don't know how to explain it... I've never felt more at lost or helpless in my entire life."

Inu Yasha smiled. "Sango was the same way when she joined us. She can teach you all you need to know, if that's what you want."

For a moment, the girl just stood there in silence, staring up at him. Her throat clenched and her chest tightened before to girl raced across the short distance and wrapped her arms tightly around the captain, squeezing him tightly. "Thank you so much, Inu-kun!"

Sango dropped from the mast two feet from them, shaking the deck with the force of her drop. "Well, well, well, it seems I'm out of commission for a few hours and the Captain's already wooing the women on board. Sometimes I wonder who I should be smacking around more, you or Miroku."

The Captain rolled his eyes at the older woman as he returned the embrace of the younger. "Ahhh, jealous are we? I always knew you wanted to be my cabin wench." He smirked. "But poor Miroku would be heart broken to hear that you're trying to bed me."

Sango cracked the old lech over his skull and rolled her eyes. Kagome blushed darkly as she felt a shiver run through her body when his arms tightened around her. Sango smirked down at the girl. "So, I hear I'm training you to be the next Anne Bonney."

The man rubbed the back of his head. "Damn it, Sango, hit me again I will hang you by your boot straps." He growled as he let his other arm fall to his side. "Damn sea hag," he muttered as he walked down the deck away from the two women.

Sango rolled her eyes and linked her arms around the girl's shoulders, steering her off towards the back of the boat. "Come on, if you're going to be my underling, we have got to get you sporting some style. Let's see if we can knock the capt'n's socks off by the time we get reach port." Kagome blushed but willingly followed the girl, neither denying nor admitting to the woman's insinuation.

Inu Yasha walked a few more feet before running into Miroku.

"Good morning, Captain," Miroku said as he tossed Inu Yasha an orange. "Eat; it's not good to run a crew on an empty stomach."

Inu Yasha looked at it and groaned. "I hate these things."

Miroku laughed. "It will keep you healthy. Don't want you to get sick and hear you bitching and moaning about it."

Inu Yasha began to peel the orange. "Looks like Kagome is staying."

A crew member stopped short when he heard this. "What?!" he cried. "But Captain! We've already got one bloody woman on board, are you trying to bring on more bad luck?"

The Captain spun around and looked at him. "It's not your decision, this is my ship and if she wants to stay, she can!" he yelled, his golden eyes flashing with anger. "If you have a problem with it, you can walk the plank right now and get off."

Miroku raised a brow. "My, my, I think the Captain likes this Kagome girl."

A golden eye twitched in aggravation. "Wanna make it two for the plank, Miroku?"

The grisly pirate who had questioned his commanding officer out of turn just grumbled and walked off, leaving the boys to their breakfast.

Inu Yasha turned and leaned against the railing as he finished peeling his orange. He watched the waves crash against the side of the ship and shook his head. "They're not going to like that another woman is on the ship."

Miroku nodded. "True, but they will have to get over it."

Sango finally stepped back to admire her handy work. A wicked, evil smirk crossed her lips. She had known the captain far too long to know better than to hope for him to be staying in public much longer after he got a glimpse of her master piece. "My god, Kagome, you look like a vicious vixen from hell." The older woman grinned largely. "Now, our only trouble will be to keep Miroku's hand's off of you as well."

Kagome just blushed darkly. "Are you sure this is appropriate…?" she asked, gazing into the foggy mirror.

Sango laughed loudly. "But of course! Now come on!" she declared dragging the girl out of the room.

The two men stood there chatting and eating as they watched the sun make the ocean sparkle like a sapphire. Inu Yasha pointed out to a spot in the distance.

"Look, Miroku, a pod of dolphins."

Miroku nodded and smiled. "Aye, a good sign. They are guiding us safely to our destinaton."

Inu Yasha nodded as well. "Maybe this Kagome girl wont be bad luck after all."

Sango cleared her throat as she stepped up to the men. "Captain," she said as she nodded respectfully to him, a wicked glimmer in her eye.

Inu Yasha turned to look at the woman and popped a slice of orange into his mouth. "What is it now?" he asked as Miroku looked at Sango and gave a lecherous smile.

"Good morning, lassie, how are ye?"

The elder female pirate just ignored the lower ranking lech, and smiled up at Inu Yasha sweetly. "I was just thinking, that if you were going to have her join our ranks, she'd best be looking like one of us ne?"

Her Captain nodded slowly as he swallowed his mouthful of food. "True, so where is the lass?" he asked as he eyed Sango carefully. "And what are you up to?"

Sango just grinned and stepped aside. Kagome, the timid orphan girl was gone, and in her place, Sango had replaced her with Kagome the pirate. She had on some black pants were so long that even tucked itno the boots, they hung over and poofed a bit. They were held up by a thick black belt with a jeweled scabbard in through it, as well as a pistol, some daggers stashed in various places as well as some scattered jewelry, such as her dangling belt Sango had looted from a Spanish trade ship, some bangles, her large earrings, and her silk bandanna in her hair. The most striking feature of the out fit though, was the shirt, or lack thereof. Like Sango's it hung open giving a gracious view of her chest, and it pulled taught against her torso with the stretchy material.

Sango looked up at Inu Yasha expectantly, while Kagome stared at the deck.

Inu Yasha stood there, slack jawed, and Miroku was drooling. "My, my, Kagome. You have grown," the pervert said as he stared at her chest.

Inu Yasha kept moving his mouth, but couldn't find the power to speak.

The pirate who had questioned his captain earlier chose that moment to stroll by, only to have his eyes damn near fall out of his head. He coughed and shuffled next to Kagome. With his eyes fixated on her chest, he spoke hoarsely.

"I take it back, you seem to be storing plenty of luck, lets just hope it goes around..."

His Captain growled and stomped his boot hard against the deck. "Shut your yap and get to work!" he yelled at the pirate.

The pirate yelped and ran off, leaving Sango smirking and nudging Miroku. "I'm afraid our Captain's being a bit stingy with our new crewmate, eh mate?"

Miroku laughed. "I'm sure she will be permanently bunking with the Captain from here on out,"

Kagome just grew redder and redder and stared off to the side as Sango steered Miroku off to help with the anchor. The girl cleared her throat finally after a while of silence.

"So...do I look like a Pirate?" she asked quietly.

Inu Yasha nodded as he looked her up and down. "Oh yes, you definitely look the part."

A cool breeze brushed past the ship, chilling Kagome, the paper doing nothing to hide this fact. Kagome cleared her throat again, and looked up at Inu Yasha with a crooked smile. "So...what's my first duty to the Sacred Jewel?"

The distressed Captain blinked and brushed the hair back from his face. "To clean my cabin."

Confusion flickered over the girl's face for a moment, but then she nodded. "Okay!" She flashed him a smiled and then took off, darting through the crew members racing back to his cabinet to set about her task.

Inu Yasha sighed and looked out at the water. "I swear, Sango is doing this to drive me crazy enough so I will kill myself so she can take over my ship," he muttered under hid breath. Inu Yasha walked up and down the deck giving his crew orders before going back to his quarters

Kagome puttered about the cabin, sweeping out the corners and dusting. She made the bed, polished the glasses, even washed the little glass on his lantern and refilled it with oil. The girl straightened up just as Inu Yasha opened the door, wiping sweat from her brow. His entire cabin sparkled and shined; even his charters and diary pages had been organized and weighted down on the desk. She smiled up at Inu Yasha, and giggled slightly. "How do you like it?"

Inu Yasha looked around. "Looks good, kid, you did a good job. Now, go get ready we are going into town to get supplies."

Kagome grinned and went to pounce off when the floor lurched and tipped her into his chest, her own smashing up against his.

He steadied her as he looked down. "Are you ok?" he asked quietly.

The girl blushed as she slowly lifted her gaze to his. She swallowed hard, staring up into his eyes, and feeling something stir deep within her. "Uh huh..." she whispered softly.

He smiled. "Alright, then you go and get ready."

Kagome smiled. "I...am...ready."

"The go and find that wench Sango and make sure she is ready to go," Inu Yasha said with a laugh.

The girl scowled up at him and slugged him in the chest once. "Do you have to be so horrid to her?"

He faked a look of hurt. "Why not? She is absolutely horrid to me! All is fair in love and war, as they say."

She arched a brow. "And what is the most horrid thing she has done to you?"

Inu Yasha sighed "Once, she stole all my clothes and made me search the ship naked to find them." He frowned a bit. "She had them hidden every where."

Kagome giggled and then ducked her head. She would have paid to see that. "And the most recent thing?"

"She has a tendency to walk in on me in the most heated of times ."He said with a smirk.

The girl blushed and ducked her head. "Oh.."

"So you see that wench has a tendency to make my life a living hell. If she was to marry my brother, it would be a perfect match," he said in a snide tone.

Kagome blinked. "Well according to her, she already working for someone else."

Fear me it makes your blood that much sweeter says:

Inu blinked "That is who? The devil? She acts like a demon so that wouldnt surprise me in the slightest."

Zabe's Whores and Boarding, Head Bitch speaking. says:

The girl shook her head. "I think it's Miroku. She has pictures of him all over her cabin."

Fear me it makes your blood that much sweeter says:

Inu laughs "Like I said the devil himself."

Zabe's Whores and Boarding, Head Bitch speaking. says:

Kagome smiled. "Well she called you the devil of the bed sheets."

Fear me it makes your blood that much sweeter says:

He scoffed "Like she would know I would half to be half insane from thirst and heat to bed that woman."

Zabe's Whores and Boarding, Head Bitch speaking. says:

The girl scowled. "And why the hell not? I think she is beautiful!"

Fear me it makes your blood that much sweeter says:

He scowled at the girl infront of him "enough I think it is time that we head to sure and get supplies."

Zabe's Whores and Boarding, Head Bitch speaking. says:

Kagome giggled and bounced back to go race off to find Sango, drawing stares from all of the crew as she passed.