InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ We've Been Here For So Long ❯ Seafood, Anyone? ( Chapter 6 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
It was the one place he always had gone. The one spot where he could find peace, and be free to speak his mind without the worry of being judged. Inuyasha smiled sadly as he ran his fingers across the smoothed surface of his mothers grave stone. He traced her name, and then the dates beneath it, like he always did. It was a way to let her spirit know he was there, and he wanted some guidance.



His mother had passed away when he was only seven years old, after she’d lost her battle with Leukemia. He remembered her as a strong woman, who was always gentle with him, and constantly fretting about his safety. If he fell and scrapped a knee, she’d go on about it like he’d broken a limb, her concern always sincere.



Inuyasha sighed as he took a seat before the grave, his elbows resting on his knees.



“So, it’s been a while,” He started off. “I guess I should start at the beginning. I’ve come to talk to you about Kagome, again. It’s too bad you never got the chance to meet her; you two would love each other. Anyways, Kagome just started college, she hates it, but she hates every school she goes to, so that’s nothing new…”










Kagome rubbed at her eyes, and rolled up and out of her bed. She glanced at the clock on her beside table to and realized she was an hour to late for her second class of the day. She just rolled her eyes, and straightened out her t-shirt.



“Great, now I’ve got another hour to kill all by myself,” She grumbled. She pulled out the elastic holding up her hair, and then redid it into a ponytail. She slumped into the bathroom and then washed her face patting it dry with a hand towel. She looked herself over in the small mirror there, and then walked back to the bed. She straightened out the sheets, and then spotted the note beside her clock. She smiled, instantly recognizing Sango’s script.



“You’re a lazy bum, try not to miss to many classes. See you later, Sango,” She read out loud. She smiled and then replaced the note, looking out the window in front of her.



“So, I’ve got an hour. An hour to do… what?” She chewed pensively on her bottom lip, and looked about the room. It was clean, so couldn’t do that, and it was too early to go for lunch, but to late for breakfast.



“I could always got to Inuyasha’s… but then again I don’t know if he’ll be there,” She said aloud. She grumbled to herself and then decided she’d just go to a coffee shop, since it was still technically morning.



“Coffee will get me going, and maybe I’ll be able to stay awake in my next class”.










His golden eyes squinted against the intense light as he rounded the corner heading for his final class of the day. He’d spent to better half of an hour at the cemetery, and missed all but the class he was now on his way to. The backpack that was slung over his shoulder had nothing but a notebook and a few pens laying with in it; he was never one to carry unnecessary things with him. He paid no mind to the two girls who swooned as he passed, he got it a lot, not that he didn’t mind it but at times it was rather tiring.



‘I’ll call Kag later on and then I can tell her about my new job,’ He thought with a smile. He’d been in such a foul mood after Sango had told him about Kouga; he’d nearly forgotten his new job. Unconsciously Inuyasha frowned at the thought. Kouga was back, and now he had to keep him away from Kagome. He knew he probably couldn’t help it from happening, but he would try. Kagome didn’t deserve to keep reliving that pain; she didn’t need it, not now.



Inuyasha sighed to himself as he entered his class; he climbed up the stadium like steps to the back of the large classroom. He sat in the back; away from distraction, but also to escape from the professors sights incase he decides to take a nap during a boring lecture.



‘In an hour or so I’ll be home free,’ Inuyasha thought, he settled into his seat and waited for class to begin, a bored look already settling on his features.









With a melodramatic sigh Kagome slumped up into her dorm room, her classes done for the day she was now thoroughly exhausted. Kagome gave a straggled smile to Sango who had looked up from her book when she’d entered.



“I’m guessing you’re tired,” Sango mused. Kagome rubbed her eyes and made a dramatic dive for her bed snuggling into her pillow.



“You could say that,” She said, fighting off a yawn. Sango snorted, and folded the corner of her page before closing her book. She tossed it beside her before letting her feet dangle off her bed.



“I guess you don’t want to go out then, do you?” She asked, eyeing her friend. Kagome perked at this, sitting up to balance her head in her hands.



“As long as I don’t need to use my brain, I think I can conjure the energy for that,” She replied with a smile. Sango laughed and shook her head, getting up from her bed.



“Good, cause Inuyasha called and wants you to meet him at his apartment,” She told her. Kagome smiled, and quickly sat up from her bed. Sango just rolled her eyes as she headed into the bathroom.



“Are we going out later? Or is it just me going to Inu’s?” Kagome asked Sango through the door.



“You to Inu’s. We’ll go out this weekend,” Came her reply. Kagome nodded, before shouting a good bye and then heading out the door her purse in hand.










“So, you finally got yourself a job. And it’s actually a good paying one, amazing,” Kagome said, a smile playing on her lips. Inuyasha gave a proud smirk, as he reached across the table to get another slice of pizza. Kagome rolled her eyes, and took a bite out of her own slice, while Inuyasha started on his fifth piece.



“You could probably eat this whole thing yourself, couldn’t you?” She commented dryly. Inuyasha laughed, taking a swig of his soda, before shaking his head.



“You know I could, this and two more. I am after all a bottomless pit, at least that’s what your mother always called me,” He laughed. Kagome smiled fondly at the memories that comment brought up, and sighed, leaning back against the couch.



“Yeah, that among other things. I swear she would have murdered you that time you ate my whole birthday cake, if I hadn’t come home. She was beyond furious, and I remember her calling your father and demanding some kind of compensation for it”. Kagome sighed, and shook her head at the memory. Inuyasha sat quietly, a small smirk adorning his face.



“It was a good cake…” He commented after a while. Kagome snorted, turning to look at him.



“You think with your stomach, don’t you?” She asked. Inuyasha shrugged, and then finished off his fifth piece with a bite. Kagome watched him chew for a moment, before shaking her head, and turning back to the television.



“Hey, Kag… do you like seafood?”.










Author note: Sorry it’s been so long without an update, but I’ve had serious writer’s block with this story, and another. I know this is a short chapter, but hopefully the next one will be longer. If anyone is wondering about the seafood comment, it’s just a little joke I’m sure many people did in elementary school, where your eating something and then ask someone if they like seafood, then show them the chewed food in your mouth. I thought it was a funny little end, and I could easily picture Inu doing that, hehe. Well, anyways, thanks for your patience. Hope you enjoyed, and please review!