InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ We've Been Here For So Long ❯ A Taste Of Normal ( Chapter 23 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

They started the move on early Saturday morning, packing Kagome’s things from the dorm, then shuttling them over to Inuyasha’s apartment, to the spare bedroom that would now be hers.


“I can’t believe we’re doing this again,” Miroku grumbled. Sango turned to look at him, raising an eyebrow.


“Are you complaining again?” She asked. Miroku sighed, shaking his head and gripped the sides of his box tighter as they made it up the final steps to the third floor. Miroku groaned.


“Why didn’t we take the elevator again?” He asked. Sango sighed.


“Because Kagome and Inuyasha were in there already and we all couldn’t fit with these boxes,” Sango replied.


“Why didn’t we wait for the elevator to come back down?” Miroku asked. Sango’s patience was beginning to wear thin.


“Because we want to get this job done as soon as possible, so we have time to go on a date later, with all four of us,” She told him, through gritted teeth. Miroku let out a tired sigh.


“Right,” was his reply. Sango shook her head and came to a stop dropping her box as they came to Inuyasha’s door. The elevator door down the hall binged and the doors slid open. The sound that bounced down the hall to their ears was of two angry voices.


“Just let me take that, you can’t carry that much,” Inuyasha was shouting. Kagome stepped out of the elevator carrying one box with another smaller one on top. Her face was flushed and her hair a mess.


“I can to, it’s very easy, now hurry up before the door shuts on you,” She yelled back. Inuyasha came out, holding two huge boxes, his head partially hidden behind them.


“ Give me one of those, it’s too much for you, do you want to hurt yourself?” Inuyasha was still nagging. Kagome turned to him and stuck out her tongue.


“Oh, that’s real mature,” Sango laughed. Kagome smiled as she spotted them and shook her head.


“I don’t care, I’ve just about had enough of his over-protective attitude. Like I can’t carry one box without hurting myself,” Kagome complained. Inuyasha narrowed his eyes on her and dropped his boxes to the floor, before he went to open the door.


“You be careful with those, or you’ll regret it if you break anything,” Kagome scolded him. Sango hid a smile behind her hand as the two started to argue again. With the two of them moving into together, things were certainly going to be interesting for their neighbors, in fact she almost felt bad for them.


When they finished with the boxes, Kagome and Sango took liberty in packing away Kagome’s clothes in her closet and dresser, then put the sheets on her bed. The two boys sat in the living room, watching a television movie, and complaining about girls and their stuff.


“I think I’m what you call a minimalist, I don’t think I would ever like to have to much unnecessary crap around me,” Inuyasha was saying as the girls came into the room. Sango and Kagome snorted at his comment on the fact that his kitchen was unreasonable stocked with ramen noodles and the fact that pictures and car posters seemed to crop up on every other surface in his dwellings.


“Well, we’re all set to go out. Any requests as to where we want to go?” Kagome asked. Miroku smiled and sat up quickly.


“Not anywhere you’d like to go, because it’s most likely a strip joint,” Sango grumbled, before Miroku had a chance to make a request. Inuyasha snorted at this as he got up and grabbed his keys off the coffee table.


“Anywhere with food is fine, I’m starving,” He said. Kagome smiled and shook her head.


“Well, that’s specific. I guess we can go to the usual place, who’s up for Italian?” Kagome asked. There was a muttering of agreement, and then they all shuffled out the door, heading for their favorite Italian restaurant, Felix’s Pizza House.