InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ We've Been Here For So Long ❯ Lamaze, Just Breath ( Chapter 28 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

             “I give up, I can’t do this!”


Inuyasha was about to give up as well, his lifted his throbbing finger to his mouth, and glared again at the useless directions, that were suppose to be idiot proof.


“Let’s just take a break and try again afterward, don’t stress out over this, it’s bad for the baby,” Sango scolded. Kagome glared at her, her grip on the railing of the crib tightening.


“Don’t start, I don’t need to hear that lecture again” She complained. Inuyasha snorted, happy to have her bad attitude off his back for once. Kagome sent him an evil eye, before she struggled to her feet, stepping over the pieces of the crib, before exiting the room.


“Better go watch her and make sure she doesn’t try to make any weird concoctions for her cravings,” Inuyasha said. Sango made a face, remembering watching her friend dip chips in yogurt earlier.


“Right, I’ll do that,” She replied, hurrying to her feet. Inuyasha rolled his eyes and glanced back at the directions, letting out a deep breath.


“Why are these things so complicated?” He grumbled. He glanced at the clock beside Kagome’s bed, gauging his time left before work. He had another hour to try and figure this out, and not damage all his fingers in the process.


“Let’s try this again”




       ;      Kagome was now on the verge of month seven, so close to the due date yet far enough away that she wasn’t panicking yet. Inuyasha went with her to her night time lamaze classes, sometimes though Sango would have to go or Amber, in case he worked late. She didn’t mind so much, she knew he was working so much so he could buy the baby everything it would need. She felt bad, and useless when it came to that sometimes, that she wasn’t even able to provide for her own baby, but Inuyasha wouldn’t allow her to get a job, so she was stuck.


“Now everyone take deep breaths, through the nose and let it out the mouth,” The instructor was a middle aged woman, with a bob of black hair, and a nice smile. Her voice was soothing and slow, like a lullaby. “This will help you to calm yourself when the contractions come, so long as you remember to do them”


A few woman who’d already had a child or two chuckled at this, their husbands frowning and wincing at the memories. Kagome heard some of the other woman talk about what abuse their husbands had to take during the birthing process, fists and shouts, even one or two broken or sprained fingers. Kagome hoped that Inuyasha was prepared and that she didn’t hurt him too much.


“Kagome, you’re not concentrating” Inuyasha’s voice filtered through her thoughts, she glanced at him from the corner of her eyes, her head against his shoulder where he sat behind her to support her. She smiled at him, and winked before getting back to her breathing, closing her eyes to try and relax.


“Susan?,” Kagome cracked open an eye to watch as the instructor went to answer the young secretary at the door. She slipped through the door, and closed it behind her. Kagome wondered what it was about, her head titling in question. Inuyasha looked down at her, raising an eyebrow.


“What?” She asked. He sighed.


“You’ve got the attention span of a cocker spaniel” He snorted. Kagome let out a huff, and glared up at him.


“And you’re not a very supportive coach, I should of just asked Amber to come with me,” She grumbled. Inuyasha rolled his eyes, before he stopped feeling a kick under his palm, where his hand rested against her stomach. Kagome smiled at his reaction, seeing that quirk of his lips, as he shifted to feel for another kick.


“You never can get enough of that, can you?” She asked. Inuyasha looked away, quickly moving his hands to her sides, a faint pink high on his cheeks.


“No it’s just...”He trailed off, and sighed. “It’s a boy, I know it for sure”


“Oh, really? And how do you know this?” Kagome asked.


“Keh, like any girl could kick that hard” He scoffed. Kagome giggled and rolled her eyes. Their instructor came in then, looking slightly miffed.


“Alright class looks like were getting cut short tonight. I’m afraid my babysitters decided she can’t handle my two year old, like its that hard,” She grumbled the last part, already heading to gather her things. Kagome giggled lightly, as Inuyasha helped her up. Inuyasha told her to get her things, and then ran to the bathroom.




      &n bsp;     Miroku’s pocket buzzed and he jumped, dropping the side of the banner he had been holding. Sango glared across at him, balanced precariously on a stool, her end ready to be tacked up.


“Sorry, my phone,” He said before he answered. He grimaced as a loud voice reverberated into his ear, and looked at Sango before handing it to her. She looked at him peculiarly, before putting it to her ear.


“Hello?” She answered.


“Sango!” She held the phone away at the panicked yell, and glared at Miroku.


“Yes, Inuyasha, what’s the matter?” She asked. She listened as he told her, before she looked at Miroku and then let out a sigh.


“Stall her you dummy, your works nearby right? Well say you need to run a last minute thing and whatever. We need at least another twenty or thirty minutes,” She replied. She laughed and hung up the phone, tossing it to her useless boyfriend.


“Hurry up and put up that banner, I’ll go tell the others that they’ll be here soon”