InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ We Will Become Silhouettes ❯ As We Sleep ( Chapter 19 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

 
 
 
We Will Become Silhouettes
 
Chapter 19 As We Sleep
 
Cold golden eyes slid open, almost closing again at the brightness that invaded them and made their pupils dilate in shock. The sun shone off the pond, a pond oddly enough that he seemed to be sitting on. Sesshomaru shook his head, snapping back into reality as he looked around. His eyes got impossibly wider when he looked down and saw a fish swim underneath the clear water. He was actually sitting on the water!
 
He slowly got to his feet, taking in the odd phenomenon as he looked around and saw that he was surrounded for miles around with sakura trees in full bloom. He knew right then and there that he was dreaming…and not only because he happened to be able to walk on water. No, he knew he was dreaming because such a beautiful place did not exist in this world, and it certainly didn't exist anywhere that could house an equally as beautiful inu-youkai in one of its branches.
 
“Inuyasha…” The name came out as a breathless whisper as he put one foot in front of another, slightly rippling the water as he walked across the palm, not once feeling the wetness that should be under his feet.
 
It was odd, even though his hanyou had been pampered and raised like royalty his entire life, it still seemed that his favorite place to rest was perched up in a tree. He looked so peaceful there…so happy, yet another inclination that this was a dream. Inuyasha wouldn't be happy…not after what he had done to him. As a matter of fact he wondering if his mate would ever be happy again?
 
He shook his head; there he went again saying mate…Inuyasha was no longer his mate. As he took in a whiff of the cherry blossom air he had to choke back a gag as the scent of rotting flesh entered his nose. …The scent of a possession slave. …The very scent that Inuyasha now gave off to anyone that was not him.
 
The hanyou was dressed from head to foot in white, making him give off a wave of purity, which he knew he had stolen from him. If only to prove this fact when he looked down at himself he appeared to be decked out all in black…as if to match the color of the soul that seemed to be missing from his being.
 
After all someone with a soul couldn't hold the only one they had ever loved down and rape him like he was no better than trash on the street. Someone with a soul couldn't rip out their love's teeth, and then demoralize them to the point where they lost it, but Sesshomaru had…and he had enjoyed every minute of it.
 
Had he really been broken to the point where he could do such a thing? He remembered a time when he used to be happy…why had it been taken away from him? Was there just something about him that seemed to piss the heavens off to the point where they gave him a life of torture? Why had he ever been made to be happy at all, if he knew that if would lead to this? Was that just another way to hurt him…to keep giving him tastes of happiness only to rip them away again before he even had a good hold?
 
The really sick part is that Inuyasha had been first given to him the night before he first lost his happiness, and then given to him again so many years later and had brought a happiness he had thought was forever lost…and he had let his second chance slip through his fingers….as a matter of fact he had facilitated the process in several ways.
 
Sakura petals hit his face as he continued forward, walking towards the hanyou that still seemed oblivious to his presence. Why did it seem that he always sabotaged everything good for him? In hurting Inuyasha, he had not only destroyed their relationship, but also in essence signed his own death warrant. After all the lord of the west would probably not be too happy if he found out that he had made his son a sex slave.
 
It didn't matter though, because there was no point in living anymore. When he was younger he had loved and looked up to his father more than anyone, and the inu-youkai had been ripped out of his grasp, and now Inuyasha was gone, taking with him the very last piece of him that had any desire to live.
 
As he got closer, Inuyasha's features stood out more prominent, and he realized just how beautiful his mate really was. “Inuyasha?” He asked, and saw those soft features turn to him, emotion all but gone from the hanyou's usually buoyant face.
 
“Why do we fall Sessh?” Well, of all the things he had expected to come out of the hanyou's mouth, that certainly hadn't been one of them…he had been expecting something much more along the lines of an obscenity or curse.
 
“What?” He asked, never breaking contact with Inuyasha's lifeless gaze.
 
“Do you think a person can be saved….even when they're in a place where all the lights have gone out?” Was he referring to him? Was he asking if Sesshomaru thought that he could still save himself? If so, then he would so no. Even if he wished for this all to go away with all of his heart, he could never be forgiven.
 
Sesshomaru didn't answer…he couldn't answer. No, instead he continued to stare silently up towards his lover, hoping that if this was a dream that life could show him a little mercy and not make the hanyou hate the very sight of him.
 
“Do you wish to torment me even in your dreams?” Apparently, life didn't care to show him such mercies. “Have you already begun to miss the sound of my breaking heart?”
 
The pure broken tone he said it in was enough to make him hear that sound from his own, and again he could say nothing. No, all he did was reach up a clawed hand towards the tree and hoped that his stepbrother would take it.
 
His eyes shut, and yet he still could see the almost luminous sakura petals floating by, lulling him into a sense of security, and sense that was only heightened when he felt a familiar hand fit into his own.
 
“…Dagger” Sesshomaru whispered opening his eyes to see those familiar ones staring into his own.
 
“Dagger?” Inuyasha asked, tilting his head in that adorable way that usually got Sesshomaru to kiss him. “You haven't called me that for some time…usually it's just whore or mutt.”
 
Well, that statement stopped Sesshomaru short. He hadn't called his stepbrother the name that had started out teasing, but had turned into a term of unending endearment. He knew the reason to; it was because lately he and Inuyasha hadn't uttered a single endearing anything to each other. Before it would be lucky if the conversation was civil, and now that possibility was practically non-existent. He knew in his heart he still harbored all of the anger and resentment for his new possession, and yet here…in this place…he felt none of it…all he felt was guilt. Guilt for hurting the one he cared for most, and guilt for not being strong enough to make it right.
 
Being able to show a little compassion in this odd dream, Sesshomaru reached out, ghosting over his lover's cheek and marveling over just how baby soft his skin was. Though he felt different than normal, usually Inuyasha radiated heat, and yet… “You're so cold.”
 
Inuyasha gave a cruel smile, pulling away from the touch and going to stand over by the misty pond Sesshomaru had woken up in. “Yes…and getting colder by the minute.” He looked over his shoulder, that smile fading completely from his face. “Your body can only keep its temperature up so long before it drops completely.”
 
Sesshomaru furrowed his brow; not being able to understand these somewhat cryptic phrases Inuyasha seemed to be set on using. What did he mean his body temperature was steadily dropping?
 
Walking forward, the youkai moved to stand behind his mate. “I rarely admit my mistakes, because I rarely have them, but I want you to know that I never wanted to hurt you in such a way.”
 
Inuyasha scoffed. “Yes, I could tell when you made me no better than a slave, and then to add to my humility used my body as an easy finish.” He said snidely, and Sesshomaru winced at just the thought. Remembering how broken the hanyou had looked as he spread his legs and thrust into him while tears poured unnoticed down his face.
 
“Dagger I…” Sesshomaru tried, not really knowing what to say but knowing he had to say something, fortunately Inuyasha interrupted his mental block.
 
“Tell me Master…” Inuyasha sneered with disdain. “How many times did Naraku rape you before you began to like it?” A growl of warning ripped from Sesshomaru's throat at the statement, and like always, Inuyasha didn't know when to stop. “Did he train you well as a pup…did he bend you to his every want by the end so that the only way you could continue getting off was to do it to someone else?”
 
Without even a thought Sesshomaru backhanded his cheeky mate, sending him sprawling into the shallows of the water. What he said about feeling a sense of peace was sliced in half at those words, and Sesshomaru felt his eyes bleed red as his fangs began to lengthen.
 
He couldn't control himself as he waded into the water, leaning down he grabbed at Inuyasha's kimono, pulling him up so that he was snarling in his face. “I would not say such things if I were you.” He growled, punching Inuyasha in the face so that he fell back to the shore.
 
Not pausing to even take a breath he leaned over his lover, straddling his waist and wrapping a threatening hand around his throat. “How dare you speak of such things!”
 
He remembered…he remembered it all. Those crimson eyes glowing as he forced every nightmare he had ever had on him…making him like it…making him scream. That blasphemous mark left on his neck had spoken of anything other love and endearment. It had been yet another way to hurt him.
 
Sesshomaru watched as Inuyasha's tongue slipped out, licking the ruby red substance gathered at the corner of his mouth from the hit. “Oh yeah that's right…this is exactly the Sesshomaru I know.” The hanyou mocked. “Does it turn you on thinking about it?...Do you want to take me again rough and hard, trying not to scream out his name as you cum!”
 
Hearing that he grabbed a hold of white hair, squeezing until he heard a ripping sound as he pulled the sopping wet hanyou out of the water. “Why do you say such things…how do you know them!?” He hissed, wanting to smack the look of triumph off the cocky half-breed's face.
 
He couldn't know these things! It could be his self-conscious mind trying to torture him, but then why did the body lying beneath him seem so much like his spoiled mate? Some part of him hurt the most to think that the love of his life could know his greatest shame.
 
He couldn't stand it…he couldn't stand Inuyasha knowing about his past! He had done everything possible to bury it…to make sure that his innocent mate never knew about the horrors he had had to live through. He didn't want him to look at him with that pitying gaze that everyone else gave him! He didn't want Inuyasha to feel disgust when he saw…He only wanted to see that same look in his hanyou's face the day they had first met and he had called him beautiful. He wouldn't see that look! He'd rather Inuyasha die first!
 
“Yes Sessh…do it…kill me.” Inuyasha taunted. “What a good solution to life, just destroy everything that might get in your way…might make you something other than the heartless bastard you are.”
 
Sesshomaru paused, eyes widening with a little insanity as he let his lover's comment seep in. That pause was all Inuyasha needed, for when he lost his concentration the hanyou grabbed the back of his head, pulling him close so that their eyes were millimeters apart, and what Sesshomaru saw in those eyes he could never erase from his mind.
 
His head immediately began to shake back and forth, and he scampered back from his stepbrother faster than light. …It couldn't be real…it couldn't be possibly. He felt an ache in his chest, a somewhat pain and longing and he could feel the other half of him slowly slipping way. He had seen Inuyasha on a dark floor…face down…and there was so much blood.
 
Golden eyes shut, as he tried to erase the image of his dead mate from his vision. It couldn't be possible…Inuyasha had to be here. He would take back everything if he could! He didn't know if it was just the place he was in, or if he was really upset enough for such an act, but he felt his eyes began to water…and while trying to hold back some tears slipped scornfully down his cheek.
 
His shoulders shook as his heart ached to the point where he thought it would burst. He was such an emotional wreck that he actually jumped when he felt a hand placed tenderly on his shoulder, and he opened his eyes to see Inuyasha standing in front of him. Inuyasha was no longer wet, as a matter of fact he looked just as immaculate as he had when he had first seen him sitting up in the tree. His eyes were sparkling as he leaned forward, and in his shock, the youkai could do nothing but let his mate touch their lips together, giving him a soft kiss that sent a tingling feeling down his spine.
 
“Come and find me…” Inuyasha whispered softly, giving the inu-youkai a sad smile before fading into flowing golden butterflies, and floating in the air along with the cherry blossom petals. And with that…Sesshomaru woke up.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
 
 
Sesshomaru shot up in bed, shaky and covered in a sheen of sweat from what he could only consider the worst nightmare he had ever had. He remembered every detail from it so vividly as if it had just happened, and he could still feel how much living that nightmare had hurt. Feeling a stickiness on his cheeks, he reached up, wiping away the wetness that felt so foreign on his face that he really couldn't even believe it was there.
 
He had cried…he had cried for Inuyasha, and now he was going to make sure that what he had seen in his dream wasn't true. He was going to find his stepbrother and make sure he never had to feel that pain that he had seen reflected in the dream Inuyasha's eyes.
 
Grabbing a black robe from his closet, he pulled it around him, immediately rushing to find the only people that could possibly know where his stepbrother was….He had to find his mate's ningen friends. Miroku had been the last one to see him, and so logically if anyone knew where Inuyasha went it would be that perverted monk.
 
The mere thought of having to go back to that hut where he had done things that no one could ever forgive him for made his stomach twist in knots, and he almost thought of sending a servant to do it instead. Yet, time was of the essence, and so he would bite back his revulsion of having to smell his lover's blood, and go back to see him.
 
“Sesshomaru.” He was interrupted in his trek to the outside gates by the sound of the lord of the west's voice, and it was really the only voice in the universe that could have stopped him. Not because he respected the man by any means, but because if he didn't he would probably be filleted alive before he ever had the chance to go rescue the dumb mutt from his stupidity.
 
Slowly turning around, Sesshomaru came face to face with the pristine lord, not bothering to show him even the slightest bit of respect as he looked down on him in distaste. He may respect the lord, but that didn't mean that he would ever like him. “Yes, my lord?” He asked, letting his utter annoyance seep into his tone. For anyone else that statement would get him a few missing teeth, but no matter how disrespectful Sesshomaru was Inutaishou had refused to lay a hand on him. Though somehow he didn't really think that niceness clause would apply once he found out just what he had done to his son.
 
“Miroku has requested a meeting with us.” Sesshomaru raised a delecate eyebrow, growing more and more worried by the instant from the fact that the monk had actually come to him….though that didn't mean he could let anyone else see such a side of him.
 
“Your son's ningen friend?” He asked in distaste, and once he received a nod he continued. “What does he want?” Amongst the worry and indifference, he began to feel a tingling sensation in his lower gut at all the things that Miroku could say. …He did after all have a front row seat to what had to have been the dumbest decision of his life.
 
“Very well, though I do have a lot to accomplish today, and I refuse to be hindered by some scum that Inuyasha should never have been associating with in the first place.” He sniffed; walking past the lord and towards the direction he could smell the disgusting scent of human.
 
He walked towards the main living room towards the front of the castle, and watched as Miroku paced back and forth, his face looked as stark white as the kimono Sesshomaru had been wearing in his dream. There were dark circles under his eyes, making his face look hollow and warm. It was obvious he hadn't slept in quite some time, and Sesshomaru could guess why. After all it must be hard sleeping in a puddle of your best friend's blood.
 
“How's the arm?” The youkai asked emotionlessly, glancing towards his shoulder and seeing how it was wrapped in his sleeve. He didn't regret ripping it out of its socket and hearing the sweet pop that let you know it had hurt…as a matter of fact he had very much enjoyed every bit of it, though now it might make convincing him to keep his mouth shut around Inutaishou all the harder. Though even if the lord did find out, he would not hide or run from it. He had been raised better than to run like a coward, and no matter how bad he always honed up to his crimes.
 
Miroku stopped his pacing only to turn towards him and glare, and if he was fazed by those types of thing the look of pure death he was giving him might have bothered him, as it was though Sesshomaru just thought he looked even more pathetic.
 
“You're not dead yet?” Miroku hissed. “I would have thought your head would have been taken by now, or at least you would have killed yourself to make up for your disgrace.” He sneered, cradling his injured arm to his chest. “I would have thought even a pretentious bastard like yourself would have enough modesty to disappear after your crimes.”
 
Sesshomaru scoffed, walking up to Miroku before slipping past him towards the other side of the room. “You obviously knew no such thing had occurred, or else you wouldn't have requested a meeting.” Cold piercing eyes glanced upwards, being sure to catch Miroku's gaze and catch him in the trap that had overwhelmed so many others time and time again. “Tell me monk, how is my mutt?”
 
He tried to hide how worried he still was about Inuyasha from his dream, and instead faked it with casual indifference, and by the glare he received because of it he would have to say it was a success.
 
“Don't you dare ever mention concern for Inuyasha's welfare around me again.” He growled. “None of this would be happening if it wasn't for you and your sadistic ways!”
 
The youkai's eyes narrowed in suspicion. “What would never have happened?” He bit out like ice, never once letting on his suspicions from his dream.
 
“Yes, I would like to know that as well.” Sesshomaru's teeth clenched, and he didn't even have to turn around to imagine the look of anger covering Inuyasha's father's face. “Tell me Miroku, where is my son?”
 
Miroku broke out into a nervous sweat, and that tingling sensation in his stomach only continued to grow. “…I don't know for sure.” He started, shooting a glare over to Sesshomaru. “Though I do have an idea…he was so upset.” That glare deepened. “He looked insane that night.” Sesshomaru raised his chin at the accusation, refusing to let him know that it had in any way gotten to him.
 
“That doesn't tell us where he went ningen. Now try to answer the questions clearly before I break your other arm.” He threatened, stepping to rip the prick's throat out when Inutaishou stepped in-between them.
 
“No. I get to ask the questions.” The lord bit out disdainfully, looking back and forth between the two as they were keeping a dirty little secret. “I want to know where my son is now.” He demanded, giving that death look that had helped get him control of the western lands. That look was the last one hundreds of youkai had seen before they had been silenced forever.
 
The monk glanced nervously around, before gulping and jumping into the story that would more than likely get Inutaishou to do much more this time than glare. “Sesshomaru hurt him…and he ran off.” Well…that was one way to put it.
 
“Where did he run off?” Sesshomaru hissed, but an angry strong hand squeezing his shoulder in an almost vice like grip.
 
“Don't you dare say another word.” The lord hissed, and Sesshomaru noticed how his eyes briefly flashed red. “Miroku where did he run off to?”
 
Glancing back and forth, Miroku seemed to be shaking with nervousness. “He…he went.” He took a deep steadying breath, spitting out the words that Sesshomaru had been dreading ever since he had woken up. “To the north.”
 
A growl ripped from both the inu-youkai's throat, but Sesshomaru never got any further in his tirade because a hand came flying through the air, backhanding him so hard that he fell to the ground…which no one had been strong enough to do since he was a pup.
 
Getting over the initial shock of actually being knocked down, Sesshomaru made a move to get back to his feet but stopped once he saw the deadly glare he was receiving from one of the most powerful youkai in existence. “What. Did. You. Do. To. My. Son?” Inutaishou asked, over enunciating each word as he walked over so that Sesshomaru was stuck kneeling in his shadow.
 
Feeling his pride shatter, Sesshomaru knew that at this moment in time the only way that he could sink lower was if he tried to get around the issue, and so he didn't. No, he came right out and said just what had transpired. “I fucked him when he begged me to stop, and then marked him as my possession when he was crying in pain on the floor.”
 
Pain lanced through his head when a foot came flying through the air, connecting with his chin and sending his head snapping back at a ninety-degree angle. He knew it was coming, and he hadn't tried to block it, but that didn't make it hurt any less as blood came spurting out of his mouth. Honestly, it had been almost a hundred years since he had last been hurt.
 
“If anything should happen to him, I swear I will put you to death!” Inutaishou hissed, looking down in absolute revulsion at his stepson. “As it is I suspect 150 years in our solitary dungeons should help my son's pride and dignity.”
 
Sesshomaru's head fell down, letting the blood dribble down his chin without care. 150 years in solitude? He knew he could handle it, and somewhere…deep in the darker recesses of his mind, he knew he deserved worse.
 
Lifting his head, he met Inutaishou's heated gaze, trying to cool down the fire that he knew was burning inside of him. “I will take whatever punishment you see fit my lord, but I request leave to go and fetch my mate.”
 
He clenched his teeth, cursing himself for his slight of tongue. He wasn't the only one that noticed it either, because Miroku gave a scoff, and as for Inutaishou…well he let his foot fly once more into the inu-youkai's nose.
 
His nails dug into his skin as the taste of coppery metal filled his mouth from the blood now gushing out of his nose. This was ridiculous. He had never allowed anyone to so much as lay a hand on him, and yet Inutaishou was manhandling him like he was a little bitch. Yet, he couldn't do a thing about it, other than wipe up his face and smear even more crimson liquid all over his pale complexion.
 
“You will never refer to Inuyasha as such again.” He barked. “He is not your mate anymore, as a matter of fact you are forbidden to ever see my son again.” He reached down, grabbing onto Sesshomaru's blood splattered robe and pulled him like he was a rag doll up to his face. “I will get him back from Naraku, and while I am gone you will start your sentence in the dungeons. The only reason you're not dead so far is out of respect to your father…who I have no doubt would have been equally disgusted by your behavior if he were still alive.”
 
A growl of warning ripped through Sesshomaru chest at that, and he could feel himself start to loose control again at just the insinuation, but he was never allowed, because he was backhanded once again and sending sprawling across the floor.
 
A shadow loomed over him, and before he even had a chance to sit up, Inutaishou had landed yet another kick in his gut. “I hope you rot in the cell, and perhaps when you get out you'll be the sweet kid that your father raised…and not the corrupted being that Naraku created.”
 
His eyes faded red as he got in position for the attack. How dare he say that! How dare he even speak of his father, let alone of Naraku! Just as he was about to lung, a servant ran in, crying and holding onto a scroll.
 
“My lord! My lord! Invaders!” Sesshomaru's bloody gaze traveled to the girl as she handed Inutaishou the scroll, which he read with great haste, all the while looking more and more worried.
 
“Naraku has sent a small army to invade the village of Tasheshima…he's already slaughtered all the men, and is now keeping the women and children as hostages.” Sesshomaru's temper faded, realizing just what such an act meant.
 
That cocky bastard had attacked first, and not only that but he had attacked a village full of pacifists. They were originally from the west, but chose the north to settle in due to the cover of land. There was a treaty between the two lords, and Naraku was to treat the village of Tasheshima as if the inhabitants were his own people, and no harm was to come to them. The very fact that he had slaughtered them was by far one of the greatest insults he could show Inutaishou, and there was really only one way for the lord of the west to respond…he had to go there and rip every single soldier of that small army to pieces with his own hands. If he didn't do this right away all of the other villages would fear for the same thing, and anarchy would reign throughout the lands.
 
“What of Inuyasha?” Inutaishou once more glared at him, and if he had been anyone else being on the receiving end of that look he was sure they would try to sink into the floor.
 
You will go get him.” The lord growled. “And if he comes back with the fresh smell of your cum, or that look of pain in his eyes that only you have ever been able to give him, then I will have you beheaded before you can even enter these gates.”
 
Sesshomaru pushed himself to his feet, finally confident that he wasn't going to be kicked back down. “I shall not hurt him again…of that you have my word.” He slurred, spitting out the blood left in his mouth.
 
Miroku snorted, alerting both youkai to his presence. “Yeah, and how much exactly is the word of a rapist worth?”
 
Golden eyes narrowed in a glare, and after getting the shit beat out of him he thought it could relieve a little of his stress if he disemboweled the cheeky bastard. “If you call me a rapist again monk, I will rip that tongue out of your mouth and feed it back to you.”
 
“The both of you stop.” Inutaishou barked. “Miroku, how long have known where Inuyasha has been?” Sesshomaru was actually quite interested in that himself. After all, Inuyasha had been gone for almost three days now, and the ningen had to have known where he's been.
 
The monk looked to the ceiling, obviously not being able to handle Inutaishou's death glare near as easily as Sesshomaru. “Since the morning after…Lycani figured it out, and she went to go get him.” Golden eyes narrowed at the adulterous slut that had been only other one to touch his lover in an intimate way, but he chose to keep his mouth shut in lieu of the ningen continuing. “She said something about her family having good ties, and if she wasn't back in three days to tell Sesshomaru…and so I came to tell.”
 
“Lady Lycani is there?” Inutaishou asked with morose. “It seems I'll also have to be stopping by the east to inform her father.”
 
“You suspect she's dead?” Sesshomaru asked, not trying to let on the happiness he received from such a thought.
 
“I suspect” Inutaishou growled. “That either way he'll want to know just what his daughter has been up to, and perhaps help stomp out the pest who has taken the heir to my lands.” His eyes narrowed. “Now go return my son, and if you fail at such a deed, it would wise for you not to come back.”
 
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
 
“Lady Lycani, how good of you to come.” Dark eyes glanced up to see Kagura's red ones shining maliciously at her behind a fancy decorated fan. “I take it this has something to do with your pining love?” She asked, not being able to come close to keeping that snide like tone out of her voice.
 
Lycani tilted her head to the side, scrunching up her face in a mocking gesture. “Aw, what's the matter Kagura…are you a just a little cranky because the only demon that will find you attractive anymore is the deformed cat hermit that lives up on the hill?”
 
Even though she couldn't see behind the mask, Lycani could tell the dark haired demon was scowling…Kagura always did have a thing about her looks. “It's just taking longer to heal than I thought…what's your excuse?” She shot back, never once coming close to lowering the fan an inch.
 
She gave the bitch a condescending smile, letting the comment pass for the greater good. “Where is Inuyasha?” She always thought that getting right to the point always helped in the end.
 
“Inside.” Kagura's eyes lit up in that evil way that only she could do and still look sexy. “Naraku has been having fun with Sesshomaru's cast off.”
 
“…Consensual I'm sure.” Lycani sneered, the bile already rising in her throat at the thought of just what that might mean. “Now please take me to him so that I can get him back to his family. I have no doubt that in this time of war his father will be worried sick.”
 
Kagura tilted her head, motioning towards the stairs. “No doubt…now follow me, Inuyasha is downstairs.” Okay, well that was just odd. Lycani swiftly followed Kagura down the hall of the luxurious castle the rulers of the north inhabited as they headed downstairs, which was the confusing part. After all, judging by the smell of decay and death coming the vicinity, the demoness had always assumed that the basement was a dungeon.
 
As she headed downstairs she realized that that was exactly what it was. The smell of old blood hurt her nose as she walked down the dark musky hallways, and she inhaled, catching the most disturbing scent of all…Inuyasha's blood.
 
Forgetting all pretenses, she took off in a run down the hall, failing to see the smirk covering Kagura's face as she did so. The pungent stench was getting stronger and stronger as she got towards the back. She could only imagine him hanging somewhere on a torture device…in pain…in so much pain.
 
“Inuyasha!?” She called, tears already coming to her eyes as she feared the worse. “INUYASHA!?” She got to the back, stopping in her tracks at the sight in front of her, and she didn't even try to stop the scream from ripping through her throat.
 
“Oh my God!” That couldn't be real…it couldn't be. Her mind went blank as the gruesome scene took home there. “What have you done…WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?” She screamed at the hanyou sitting on a chair, staring down proudly at his handy work.
 
“Do you like it?” Naraku asked, licking his lips in excitement. “…Because I can assure you Lady Lycani you will soon be feeling everything he felt and more.” She looked from Inuyasha to Naraku, and for the first time she felt an ungodly amount of fear.
 
Spinning on her heel, she made a move to run for it. Sadly, she never made it very far, because when she turned around Kagura was there to block her path. She stifled a gasp when she saw the jagged white scars running sporadically across the girl's face from where Inuyasha had gone off on her, and even with what was going on Lycani could tell why she was covering it with a fan. That didn't matter now though…none of this mattered, because after what she had seen she knew there was no way she was getting out of the room alive.
 
Lycani turned around again, giving one last look to the tragedy lying on the floor. “…Inuyasha.” Was all she got out before Naraku's arm lanced out, striking her across the face and making her see nothing but black.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
 
It wasn't hard following Inuyasha's trail, no matter how cold it had grown. There was always something about the hanyou's spicy yet sweet smell that seemed to linger for days on end. Something that made getting him out of his head a rather difficult feat. Though he supposed in this instance he should be grateful his lover had chosen to leave his scent, because it made following him all that easier as he whizzed in a white light through the dense trees and to the north…to where Naraku reigned, and if he had laid even a finger on his mate then Sesshomaru would be sure to rip him to pieces and place a part of his mutilated corpse in every corner or his own lands.
 
Every once in a while his sharp eyes would pick up a speck of crimson splattered among the leaves, and as he did he remembered all the things he had done to make such a stain occur. He was going to save Inuyasha, and yet he had probably inflicted more damage on the half-breed then anything Naraku could ever do. Yet, considering what had been done to him when he was younger, he was seriously starting to wonder if that was true. He hoped, he hoped for both Inuyasha and that bastard's sake that it was, because if the brash hanyou was hurt in any way when he arrived nothing could stop his fury.
 
Sesshomaru arrived at the front gates of Naraku's land, eyes scanning the black gates that swore of prosperity but whispered nothing but death. He hadn't had to see those gates in many years, and if it was anyone else hauled up behind those walls he wouldn't dream of making himself see them again, but then again Inuyasha wasn't just anyone, and he would go to any measures to get him back.
 
As he suspected Naraku sent a hoard of demons to stop him in his tracks, and as his whip sliced through their thick hides he imagined that it was him ripping into the bastard's heart. Blood splattered his immaculate clothing, making him seem like a feral beast as he burst through the doors, yet even as he was laying death to all those that opposed him, he still managed to keep a certain calm about him. His father had always told him that the most deadly killer was one that could perform the dead without a shred of guilt or emotion. No apologies and no regrets. He had tried to live in such a way, but now…now all he wanted to do was find Inuyasha and beg for his forgiveness.
 
After decapitating a pig demon, he paused, sniffing the air and trying to discern just where Inuyasha's scent was the strongest. The castle practically reeked of his mate, and so he knew that the idiotic hanyou was there, and as he took in a deeper scent his eyes bled red in anger, because he also smelled blood…fresh blood, and lots of it. Chilling red-rimmed eyes turned towards the door leading to the basement, well at least Naraku called it a basement. He knew for a fact that all that is really down there is a glorified torture chamber, and sadistic bastard had his lover down there.
 
Losing his cool as he thought about what could possibly be happening down there, Sesshomaru burst through the door, thoughts racing at a million miles an hour as he pictured a bloody corpse in the form of Inuyasha, and his heart seized in his chest at just the thought. Naraku wouldn't dare do something like that. Even that bastard would have to know that such a thing would mean his death.
 
Sesshomaru senses twinged as his head became foggy the closer and closer he got to the pungent smell of blood at the end of the hallway. The scent was making him almost dizzy, and so when a figure appeared in front of him their features seemed to almost blur.
 
“So good of you to make it Lord Sesshomaru.” The dark voice he had grown to detest stated, letting out a mocking laughter as he took in the inu-youkai's appearance. “You really did take your time getting here. I was sure you weren't going to make it in time.”
 
Golden eyes narrowed a degree in suspicion, yet not enough to let the other see a thing. “In time for what, your death?” The side of his mouth quirked a little in a smirk. “I would say I was right on time for that, given the fact that it's going to be by my hand.”
 
Naraku let out a cold laugh, taking a step forward so as to intimidate the youkai into stepping back, a strategy that he obviously must have realized would have never worked. “Not my death I'm afraid, yet it is someone of importance to you.” His white teeth glinted maliciously in the light from a torch. “You must have smelt the amount of blood covering my castle.”
 
The youkai's claws dug into his fist as he fought the urge to rip the bastard's jugular out. “Where is he?” He asked, letting his lack of patience shine through in his voice as he practically growled out the question.
 
The lord of the north's crimson eyes glimmered with malcontent in the firelight, and a bad feeling suddenly tightened the muscles in his stomach as he watched those eyes motion towards the back room, where he knew from experience was where the dungeons lay. He had been behind those doors before, and even though, unlike most of the poor unfortunate souls that had entered there, he had walked away with his life, something in him had died. Behind those doors lay the very last part of him that was once innocent.
 
Feeling the bile start to rise in his esophagus, Sesshomaru pulled open the heavy metal doors, knowing that whatever sight might lie beyond them would be permanently etched into his brain. It only took sniffing the stagnant air and being able to pick up the heavy traces of Inuyasha's coppery blood to know that.
 
His expectations were met as his pupils dilated while taking in the horror that lay in front of him. He knew of Naraku's cruelness, but never…never had he expected this. Tears burnt his eyes, and at that moment he knew real pain. “In-u-ya-sha…” Was his whispered response as he dropped to his knees and prayed that the mess in front of him that once was his mate was still alive. His eyes bled as he turned back towards the door, growling out three words that held malcontent than anything he had ever before said. “You. Will. Suffer.”
,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,,.,.,.,.
 
 
A.N- It lives! Well look at that I actually updated a fic….now that's a shocker if I ever heard one. It's not my fault though! I was obsessed! I started watching Queer as Folk, and my god I don't think I've ever watched a more addicted show in my life…but then it ended…and I've been depressed lol. I love Brian! But enough about that, so how did you like the update? I bet you can't wait till the next chapter…originally they were suppose to be one whole chapter, but you all know how I love cliff hangers
 
Oh and do to my beta being incredibly busy with school this chapter is un-betaed and I apologize for my lack of grammatical skills…lol If anyone wants the job I'm all ears…not to say I don't love my beta, but I can't expect her to give up her free time to meet my needs, so yeah…again I hope you guys liked it, and sorry for the update…and next chapter you get to find out JUST what happened to Inuyasha. Please Review!