InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Weeds ❯ Taken ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 5: Taken
 
Kagome entered her home a little past midnight. She ran to her room and grabbed her stash of marijuana. She went out to the street and lit the bag on fire. She got away from the bag and watched it burn. It was over, she was finally out of the mess she had created.
 
She walked up to her room and changed her clothes. It would be best to not go back to Inuyasha. He could arrest her for selling drugs and that would be the end of her life. She felt so much better now that she was done with the business. There was a knock on her window and she opened it.
 
A man crawled through the window and Kagome felt fear run through her body. It was that man from before.
 
“What the hell do you think you're doing?” Kagome asked harshly.
 
“Sesshomaru is waiting for you,” the man said.
 
“Who do you think you are?!” Kagome yelled.
 
“I'm Jaken and Sesshomaru is here for you,” the man smirked.
 
“I don't care. Tell him to go fuck himself because I'm not interested. I quit the business,” she stated.
 
“Be ready by tomorrow night. Sesshomaru will be here personally,” Jaken said and left.
 
Kagome closed the window and locked it. She wouldn't be getting any sleep tonight. She sat down on her bed wondering what she should do. Should she tell Inuyasha? That would ruin everything though. She really liked Inuyasha and she didn't want to ruin their relationship.
 
“How am I kidding? I can't go back to him. When he wakes up and I'm not there he'll think I deserted him,” she said to herself. “Maybe I should go back.”
 
Kagome stood up and walked out to her car. She drove down the street to Inuyasha's house. She snuck in through the front door since it was unlocked from when she left. She stripped her clothes and climbed back into bed with Inuyasha. He woke up just as she was settling in.
 
“Kagome? Where did you go?” he asked.
 
“I just had to take care of something, but I'm back now,” she smiled and kissed his cheek. Inuyasha wrapped an arm around her and pulled her to his chest. She smiled when he instantly fell back asleep.
 
She followed suit, loving the feeling of being in his arms.
 
………………………&# 8230;………………………… …………………………̷ 0;……………………
 
Kagome awoke the next morning to the smell of food. She opened her eyes and found herself alone in the bed. She got up and dressed herself in her panties and one of Inuyasha's button down shirts. She went out to the kitchen and sat down at the bar.
 
“Good morning Sunshine! You're finally awake,” Inuyasha teased serving her some food.
 
“You're a morning person aren't you?” Kagome asked picking at her eggs with a fork.
 
“Not really, I just had a really good night,” he smiled and sat next to her. He noticed that she wasn't eating and grabbed her hand. She looked at him confused until he held up some food for her with his chopsticks. Kagome smiled and took the bite into her mouth, she chewed it then swallowed.
 
“It's really good. When did you learn to become a good cook?” she asked.
 
“You kind of have to cook when you get recently divorced,” he sighed.
 
“I guess that makes sense. You should be proud of being able to cook! Any man who cooks breakfast for me is good in my book,” she smiled.
 
“Thanks, now hurry up and eat. You're going to need the strength for when you go back home,” he said in a joking manner.
 
“What do you do for a living?” Kagome asked out-of-the-blue.
 
“I'm a D.E.A., why do you ask?” he replied.
 
“What kind of case are you working on now?” she questioned.
 
“Well there's this huge drug dealer called Sesshomaru and the investigators say that he is trying to outsource, so it's my job to catch him in the act,” he explained.
 
“Can I tell you something?” she asked.
 
“Of course,” he smiled.
 
“Promise you won't do anything. My son really needs me right now. I promise you that I'm not going to do it again,” she said.
 
“What is it?” he asked getting worried.
 
“I'm the one that Sesshomaru wants to get in his business. I sold marijuana for a couple months just so I could get back on my feet after Kouga's death. The stuff that I sold wasn't even pot, it was more like a plant that got you high, but you never got addicted. I know it's wrong, but I quit and I told Sesshomaru to leave me alone. If it helps any he said he was coming to my house tonight to come get me,” she explained.
 
Inuyasha just sat still trying to comprehend everything. “Why did you tell me this?!” he snapped.
 
“I thought you could use it,” she said in a quiet voice.
 
“Damnit Kagome! Now I'm going to have to arrest you for selling an illegal substance,” he sighed and stood.
 
“Please, I can lead you to Sesshomaru. Just let me do that much! I want at least my son to know that I did one good thing before I go to jail,” she pleaded.
 
Inuyasha slammed his fist on the table. He couldn't believe what she just told him. How could she be a drug dealer? “Don't tell anyone else about this. I won't have to arrest you if you quit selling and keep it quiet. I'll tell everyone at work that you're an accomplice and you are going to help us get Sesshomaru and you sold drugs just to catch Sesshomaru's attention. Understood?” he explained.
 
“Yes, thank you so much Inuyasha,” Kagome smiled.
 
“You're really starting to grow on me. I'm risking my job on you so you better be thankful,” he smirked, teasing her.
 
“I owe you one huge favor. I'll do whatever you want!” she said trying to make up for it.
 
“Well I'll definitely use that for later,” he said finishing his breakfast. Kagome also finished and cleaned up the plates. Inuyasha went to his room to change. Kagome didn't know what was going to happen tonight. Sesshomaru was coming for her tonight and she was terrified. How was she supposed to feel about this?
 
A ruthless drug dealer was going to her house to take her away. What if he really did take her? What would happen to her son and brother? How was everything going to take place? There were just too many questions for her to understand the situation.
 
Inuyasha reentered the room and said, “I called my office and told them I would be staying with you the whole day. They will send back up once Sesshomaru contacts you.”
 
“Why is it so important that you catch Sesshomaru?” Kagome asked.
 
“Because he's a drug dealer,” he stated.
 
“No, I mean, the way you talk about him, it's like you know him personally or something. Maybe I'm just imagining things,” she said shrugging.
 
“Sesshomaru is my older brother,” he whispered sitting down next to her.
 
“Really? No kidding?” she asked.
 
“Yeah, well he's actually my half brother. He always hated me because our dad left his mom for mine. When our dad died he decided to get rid of my mom and he killed her. He made it look like a suicide though so he went free. I found out that he was a drug dealer and decided if I can't pin him for murdering my mom then I'll get him for selling drugs,” he explained.
 
“What a horrible man. How can he do that to his own brother? That's inhuman,” she said.
 
“You have no idea how right you are about that,” he sighed and stood.
 
“Don't worry Inuyasha. I know you'll get him,” Kagome smiled to reassure him.
 
“Thanks. Let's get going. Shippo must be wondering where you are. I'll take Kouga along too,” he said grabbing his keys.
 
Kagome nodded and went out to her car. It was going to be a long day…
 
………………………&# 8230;………………………… …………………………̷ 0;……………………
 
Shippo laughed when Kouga jumped up to lick his face. Kagome watched her son with a smile on her face. This was the happiest anyone had been in a long time. Everyone was together and laughing. Kagome wished it could always stay like this.
 
It was about 10:00 at night when everyone except Kagome and Inuyasha went to bed. They sat on the couch watching a movie when they heard glass shatter upstairs. They both jumped up and raced to where the sound was. They found themselves in Shippo's room and in the window was Jaken.
 
Jaken grabbed Shippo and climbed back out the window. “Mommy!” Shippo's cry got farther and farther away when Kagome ran down to her front porch. She ran straight into the chest of a tall, well-built man. Kagome looked up to see Sesshomaru smiling down at her.
 
“I see you got my little involved in this, so I thought your son would like to tag along too,” he smirked and wrapped an arm around her waist.
 
“Let my son go! He doesn't have anything to do with this!” Kagome yelled pounding on Sesshomaru's chest.
 
“The more the merrier I always say,” Sesshomaru said when he spotted Inuyasha behind Kagome. He turned her around to face Inuyasha and pointed a gun to her temple. To say she was terrified would be an understatement. She could hear Shippo calling for her from a car.
 
“I'll go with you, just don't hurt my son!” Kagome screamed.
 
“That's a good girl. Don't follow us Inuyasha or the girl dies,” Sesshomaru said pushing Kagome towards the car. Jaken opened the car door and Kagome sat inside next to her son. They locked the back doors to where the lock went all the way inside the hole. Sesshomaru and Jaken got into the front seats and they drove off down the street.
 
The last thing Kagome saw was Inuyasha running after the car in the dark…
 
………………………&# 8230;………………………… …………………………̷ 0;……………………
 
A/N: Hey there! Sorry for the wait, but I was stuck without power for about five hours! Enjoy this chapter and tell me what you think!