InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Welcome to My Life ❯ Welcome to My Life ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]
Do you ever feel like breaking down?
Do you ever feel out of place?
Like somehow you just don't belong
And no one understands you

This was how the little hanyou felt as he scampered through the woods, tears flashing in his amber eyes. Why was it that no one understood him but his mother? Was she the only person who would ever accept him for what he was? It seemed he would always be an outcast, always the half-breed who no one cared about.

Do you ever want to run away?
Do you lock yourself in your room?
With your radio on turned up so loud
That no one hears you screaming

He wiped the tears from his eyes with his sleeve and fell to his knees. The forest seemed so silent compared to the jeering taunts of the other children. Not accepted by humans, not accepted by demons. Inuyasha would never be anything but a filthy half-breed.

No, you don't know what it's like
When nothing feels alright
You don't know what it's like to be like me

He had no friends, no one to talk to and care for. Even his brother hated him. His mother had wept for him when she was alive, but her tears could never heal his wounds, no matter how much she wanted them to. This was the way he would always be.

To be hurt
To feel lost
To be left out in the dark
To be kicked
When you're down
To feel like you've been pushed around
To be on the edge of breaking down
And no one's there to save you
No you don't know what it's like
Welcome to my life

Inuyasha lay on his back in the freshly fallen leaves, inhaling the scents of the new season. Autumn was coming, and the leaves were already changing color and starting to fall. The ground was coated in a blanket of red, brown, orange, and yellow. He wiped away the remainder of his tears and could cry no more. His heart still felt heavy but his eyes were dry. He'd cried himself out just as he had so many times before. He mentally scolded himself for being such a baby. "Men never cry," he told himself. "Never." But the truth was he was still only a child. He couldn't help letting the name-calling and mockery get to him.

Do you want to be somebody else?
Are you sick of feeling so left out?
Are you desperate to find something more
Before your life is over

"Something must be done," Inuyasha thought. "There has to be a way to end this. Why couldn't I be born all demon like Sesshoumaru? Or all human, at the very least?" He sat up and pulled the dead leaves out of his long silver hair. "Why was I even born at all?"

Are you stuck inside a world you hate?
Are you sick of everyone around?
With their big fake smiles and stupid lies
While deep inside you're bleeding

He often dreamed of a place where half-demons such as himself would be accepted. A place where it didn't matter who you were or what you were, and no one cared if you were a half-breed. A place where he would be accepted, a place where he'd fit in. He'd no longer have to run away and hide in the forest.

No you don't know what it's like
When nothing feels alright
You don't know what it's like to be like me

To be hurt
To feel lost
To be left out in the dark
To be kicked
When you're down
To feel like you've been pushed around
To be on the edge of breaking down
And no one's there to save you
No you don't know what it's like
Welcome to my life

This was Inuyasha's life. His destiny. To be taunted and mocked all his life and to be spat at, looked down upon, and hated by all. He was the half-demon, the one with the filthy blood. He was the one that didn't belong anywhere. What as the purpose of his existence, then? Surely there was a reason? "Why me?"

No one ever lied straight to your face
And no one ever stabbed you in the back
You might think I'm happy but I'm not gonna be ok
Everybody always gave you what you wanted
You never had to work, it was always there

He hardly knew how to smile anymore. Every day was the same. Maybe he should just stay in this forest and die. What other fate was there for him? If he just lay down and died, would it make the world a better place? Would they all be glad that he was gone, so they could go on with their happy lives?

You don't know what it's like, what it's like

Did anyone ever consider that he might not actually be just some stupid creature without feelings or a brain? Did they ever once consider putting themselves in his shoes? "No, of course not. All they care about is themselves. They have no idea what it's like, no idea..."

To be hurt
To feel lost
To be left out in the dark
To be kicked
When you're down
To feel like you've been pushed around
To be on the edge of breaking down
And no one's there to save you
No you don't know what it's like, what it's like

Inuyasha couldn't have been more miserable. He was cold, he was hungry, he had bruises from falling down and scratches from running through sharp briars. Parts of him were sore and his head hurt terribly, he had a cut on his ear that wouldn't stop bleeding. Was this what it was like to die? Was it normal to be feeling this way at such a young age? Did no one really know or care? He looked up, half expecting his mother to be suddenly standing there, arms open, weeping for his pain as always. But she wasn't there. She would never be there for him again, because she was gone. He had no one.

To be hurt
To feel lost
To be left out in the dark
To be kicked
When you're down
To feel like you've been pushed around
To be on the edge of breaking down
And no one's there to save you
No you don't know what it's like

"They don't know what it's like. No one does. Why don't they understand? Why can't they just try?"

Welcome to my life
Welcome to my life
Welcome to my life

"This is just the way it is, I guess. The way it will be forever. Welcome to your life, Inuyasha..."