InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What am I? ❯ The Game Part 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

 

It was a game, it was a game… the mantra sped through her head at amazing speeds. It wasn’t a game anymore. Not with that look that Miroku gave her.

For some reason, she wanted to see Miroku again, kiss him again.

Ultimately though, unwanted thoughts of Inuyasha and Sango came rushing to her. She never thought she’d actually lose! She thought she was doing Sango a favor by stopping Miroku from groping any females for a month. Instead she came out feeling like she betrayed Inuyasha and Sango. Stupid games.

She was a teenager, her hormones were bound to get her in trouble at least once right? Stupid hormones.

She understood why Inuyasha was not with her like she wanted him to be. It couldn’t be helped. Kikyou let herself die to follow Inuyasha, knowing that she could have used the jewel to save herself. Kikyou didn’t want to leave Inuyasha to die alone. How could she compete with that?

Tossing her yellow bag down Kagome realized she was at Goshinboku. So she plopped herself down next to it and leaned back against the tree.

Her thoughts wandered to Sango… sweet Sango. She was head over heels for the Monk. Kagome put her head in her hands, kissing someone who is not meant for you is not a good idea, she berated herself. She thought it would be a little peck then he would grab her butt and she would slap him then it would all be forgotten. She had fantasized about a kiss like the one Miroku just planted on her, but she never really thought he would do it! It was just too amazing to forget, did Miroku think the same way? He can’t like me! Her mind protested that thought, after all, sure she was nervous, but this was just a game to her!

“Kagome…”

Kagome brought her head up at Miroku’s voice, but said nothing. She watched as he moved to sit beside her, his eyes looking down at his hands.

“Why did you kiss me back?” Miroku’s question hung in the air for what felt like forever before Kagome actually processed it in her brain. Why did he ask me that? She thought. Out of all the questions he could ask… why was that the first one?

Her mouth wouldn’t move, and she looked at him hoping to express to him that her mouth seemed to be glued shut.

“My love is with Sango.” He stated, “I do not want you to fall for me.”

Suddenly Kagome smiled, and all was understood. Kagome knew she wasn’t falling for Miroku, and she now knew that Miroku wasn’t falling for her. Damned though if they didn’t have a physical attraction to each other. Miroku felt guilty…

Needless to say Miroku was very confused by her sudden ear to ear grin.

“So you think you’re that good do you?” Kagome laughed.

Miroku’s mouth dropped. Obviously this wasn’t the response he’d envisioned. His mouth soon closed and was being replaced by a understanding smile, he’d gotten it too.

“Kagome you have wounded me, my skills are superior to all other men.” Miroku boasted. “I know I even have Inuyasha beat.”

“A girl never kisses and tells.” Kagome joked back with him.

“Well that is good.” Miroku said, and all the tension seemed to melt off of him.

“It was a game Miroku, I mean gosh, you expect me to fall for you during a game?” She teased. When he didn’t say anything she kept egging him on, “You know, I can’t believe you even thought that I wouldn’t try to enjoy myself. Why should you have all the fun?”

“So kissing me is the game Kagome?” Miroku teased her back.

“Sure is! We are done playing right?” She looked coyly at him. Now Kagome knew she wasn’t normally a bold person, but her hormones were working overtime.

“Now Kagome,” Miroku teased. “I think I like this game.”

Kagome looked away in an exaggerated huff, “I don’t know Miroku, it just didn’t last that long for me to know if I liked it or not.”

She felt a hand on her chin as it gripped hard and swung her face back to face him, his lips were on hers before she could even finish turning her head! Unabashed now that their feelings were known - or lack thereof, Kagome kissed back as best she could, Miroku’s tongue seemingly teaching hers to dance. Hands wrapped around her waist to pull her over on his lap. The kiss broke and Kagome found herself straddling Miroku who was leaning back against the God Tree.

“So this is our game?” Kagome asked.

“Ours alone.” Miroku answered.

“You won’t fall for me will you?”

“Will you fall for me?”

“My heart is with Inuyasha.”

“As mine is with Sango.”

“I like this game.” Kagome said as her lips descended on Miroku’s again.