InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What Are You? ❯ Chapter Six: Winning ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter Six
Winning
 
Inuyasha froze. Kagome frowned. “Inuyasha…? Is something wrong?” she wondered. The others looked back at them.
He was staring at the mountain, sniffing the air. “I smell something…”
“Like what?” She looked up at the mountain, not sensing anything out of the ordinary.
He shook his head, trying to dislodge himself of the alluring scent. “I don't know.”
“There's nothing unusual here,” Miroku commented, glancing around at the scenery with a frown. Inuyasha didn't say anything. He felt like he was being pulled up the mountain, and was fighting against the chains that were trying to pull him up it. He took one step forward. What was that scent?
“I'll be right back,” he said, charging up the mountain. Halfway up, he stopped, as a new scent wafted to him. “Sesshomaru…?” He took a step back, baffled. What was this scent? It almost demanded him to come up there. Sesshomaru was there, though. Why? Slowly, he crept up there, wary of a trap. Something hit him, knocking him off of his feet. He looked up. Sesshomaru was glaring down at him.
*****
“Get out of here now and I will let you live a bit longer, hanyou,” I hissed. Inuyasha looked up at me, baffled as he tried to sort out the smell that I emanated. I was a bit insulted, but it was understandable. Dog demons were few now, and he would smell this scent more strongly than any other type of demon.
“What is that smell?” he wondered, mostly to himself.
I snarled. “Go.”
“Is that you?” he asked incredulously, his instincts driving him, making him stay. I had to be understanding of my little brother. It wasn't his fault that his demon instincts were demanding that he fuck me. He wasn't moving, though, so I had to scare him off. I charged at him. He was so dazed from the smell that he didn't move. I flung him backwards, back down the hill. He took the hint, much to my surprise, and left.
*****
Inuyasha blundered back down the hill and back to his friends. The others immediately noticed his current state—dazed, confused, and covered in bits of things usually found on a forest floor.
Kagome frowned. “What happened?”
Inuyasha, unsure of how to best word what had happened, shook his head. “I thought I smelled… Sesshomaru,” he lied. He wasn't a very good liar, but it held some truth to it.
“Was it?” Sango wondered. She was suspicious of something, though what it was, she didn't know.
Inuyasha frowned. “Yes. He—She—whatever—threw me down the hill and took off.”
The others didn't exactly buy it, but they stopped asking questions.
*****
I sat sulking for most of the day, despising my body more and more by the second for betraying me so. I wanted to kill something. There was still one more human there. I took the starving mortal from the pit. I told him to run. Fear was the only thing powering him. I gave him several minutes, before I began to track him. I took my time in doing so. It wasn't hard. The idiot left a path a blind mortal could follow.
I could hear him and smell him, but I chose to only use my eyes. It made it more interesting. He had gone in the river. I stopped, looking downstream, then upstream. He didn't have the strength to battle the current. I walked along the bank. The current was not very strong here. He may have floated down it, though. I heard him floundering in the water. I stood at the bank, watching him. I waited for him to see me—then the true panic would set in.
Humans were interesting at these times. No creature is more desperate to live than a human. Humans cling very tenaciously to life, and value their own highly. This one was waist-deep in cold water, shivering, and starving. He was very weak, but still he had managed to run from me. Humans were indeed very driven. They wanted so badly to live. I recalled Inuyasha saying something similar at one point. It was true. But humankind was stupid to struggle so, even when they would certainly die regardless. Why expand the effort when it is worthless? No demon would have ran like this man had. They would have kneeled before him, quietly accepting their fate. But no human did that, unless they planned on begging.
I liked it when they begged. I wanted this man to beg for my nonexistent mercy. I smiled at the thought.
The man finally moved, diving into the water, trying to swim with the current. I walked along, following slowly. I knew this place well. This river would become a small waterfall soon. The fall would only be enough to hurt him. I wanted to watch. I quickened my pace and beat him to the fall. I watched him sail over the edge with a scream. The scream was cut short when he hit the bottom. The river became more of a stream here, emptying out into three tributaries; thus it was very shallow. The water itself here was only about five inches. The man groaned and looked up at me. I made no move to go to him. I wanted to see more of his panic. I could smell it in the air.
The man tried to get up. He screamed when he discovered that his leg was broken. I could smell the blood in the air. The man still tried to crawl away. I would help him. My whip wrapped around his broken leg and ripped it off forcefully. I let it fall in the water. The man howled in pain. He sounded like an animal. I wanted to produce that scream again. My whip wrapped around his left arm. I gave a tug and that, too, was ripped off. The man was now in tears. The blood loss was making him delirious. I leaped down, landing nimbly on the shore. I watched him for a moment, then laid the whip to the fresh wounds. The man made the howling, animalistic sound again. It was delightful.
Now I wanted to eat him. I transformed and stepped over to him. I first swallowed his arm, then moved to the disposed leg. He watched me in horror the entire time. I made a point of lapping at the blood first, then I swallowed it. I looked over at him. He screamed again, whimpering. I lapped at the stump of his arm, thinking of my own arm. I bit his side, taking out a chunk of it. Before he died here in the water, I devoured him.
Sometimes, I craved violence and blood. I liked to massacre humans if I even saw Inuyasha. This one human had to provide me with enough bloodshed and pain for my usual massacre. Considering that I usually killed quickly and almost painlessly, this would suffice.
I turned, reverting to my “normal” self. Soon, Inuyasha. Soon, your fate will not be so different.
What are you?
Go away, I hissed. I am going to kill the thing you valued so much. The two of you can finally embrace in hell.
The voice faded, but was not all gone. But it had retreated. I was beating it back. I was winning. What are you?