InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What Are You? ❯ Chapter Seven: Plans ( Chapter 7 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter Seven
Plans
 
When Naraku came (and he took his time in doing so), I was waiting for him. I had assumed that he would visit me near twilight—probably hoping to catch me bathing again, but he had no such luck this time. I had my back to him, and didn't bother to turn around to look at him for a while. He said nothing, which sort of irritated me. I finally turned my head. “Separate Inuyasha from the others. Keep them apart.”
Naraku smiled. “Shall we kill the ningen first?”
I nodded. “Yes. I want Inuyasha to feel what it means to suffer.” As I have suffered. I wanted him to suffer because of me, as I had suffered because of him. I want him not to care if he lives or dies.” I wanted him to feel how I felt when I despaired. And I wanted it to be one of the last emotions he would ever feel. I wanted him to feel despair like a crushing weight on his shoulders, and I wanted to know that I was the one to put it there.
He frowned. “That could be dangerous for you. There's nothing more dangerous than a man with nothing left to live for--but vengeance, he reminded me. But I didn't need the reminder. I had been that… man before. Before I met Rin. Without her… What was left but vengeance and conquest? Parenthood was an interesting concept. Look at how it had changed me and my perspectives on life? Before she had come to be the sunshine in my life, my world had been nothing but a black void—devoid of anything but suffering. The suffering of others, and my own suffering. That was what that priestess was to Inuyasha. I wanted her to die.
I looked away again, up at the sky, watching the gold slowly fade to grey. The sun was setting on my little brother's time. I would see to that personally. I would be the night that crushed the day. We are going to set this up as if you and I are in no way connected,” I continued on. To him, you will have done this alone. He will go after you.” I looked back at him, letting the deadly malice in my voice seep through. “Let him. Guide him.” The wind lifted my hair, making it swirl around me like a shredded silk curtain. I hooked a bit behind my ear, and faced into the wind.
Naraku saw where I was directing it thus far. “And you will confront him on his path to me.”
I nodded. “He will be more interested in getting to you than battling me.” I turned back to him. “That's when I want you to appear. I will act as though you are my new opponent, but I will not kill you. Yet.
He smiled. “You are much more devious than I thought.”
I quirked an eyebrow, but said nothing in regards to the matter. Don't kill him,” I reminded him. “Leave him wounded.” Naraku blinked, clearly baffled. He probably knew where this was headed, but had trouble realizing I was the one saying it. “I want to rip him to pieces.”
Naraku suddenly laughed. “Very well. I agree to your plan. But what is your plan for separating them?”
I narrowed my eyes. “I have thought of everything thus far. I thought it was only fair for you to think of something.”
He scowled. “You only required my assistance. Nothing more.”
I debated on scaring him into cooperation, or wooing him into cooperation. I turned back to him. Might as well use the smell I was emitting to my advantage. “You can't expect me to do everything for you. I'm sure you can think of something.” My voice itself seemed to darken. “If you cannot, then you are useless to me.”
He considered that, but not for long. “Fine, Sesshomaru-sama.” He started to leave, then looked at me, as if considering something, then turned away. He was demonstrating an immense amount of self-control right now. I was surprised, and a little impressed. I knew how delicious I must smell right now. My body was screaming for male attention, and I was denying it that, which made the smell that much more appealing. I knew that because near the end of my heat, I was always accosted more often. He left, and I felt relieved. If he had pressed, I doubted I would have the will power to resist right now.
Once this heat was over…
Inuyasha, you are going to die—by my hand.