InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What doesn't kill us makes us stronger? ❯ Chapter 19 ( Chapter 19 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The air was thick with tension. Inuyasha and Kagome stood there for what seemed like ages before either could even begin to think of what to say. Inuyasha started to walk closer to Kagome but when she stepped back he stopped. She wasn't sure if she was scared for a second that he'd hurt her or if she was still hurt from his actions and that, she just didn't want him near. Her head started to ache. She knew they couldn't just stand her all day in silence that wasn't getting them anywhere. She took a deep breath.
“Inuyasha, I don't even know where to start.” She looked at her feet with interest before Inuyasha said something.
“It's ok Kagome. We don't even have to talk if you don't want to.” She looked at him. He could see the pain in her eyes.
“No, we need to talk.” Her voice was small and mild. It had almost caught in her throat.
“Kagome I'm really sorry I lied to you.” Inuyasha told her fully meaning it.
“Inuyasha you should have told me about Kikyo.” Inuyasha felt guilty. He knew she was right. He still had to make her see why he didn't tell her.
“How was I supposed to. You would have left.” He thought it was a good enough reason to have kept the secret. Kagome didn't.
“Yeah I forgot you needed your precious shard detector.” She was starting to raise her voice.
“It's not like that Kagome. I didn't want you to leave me. I love you.” Inuyasha wanted her to say it was ok. That she was ok. But he knew she wasn't.
“You know what Inuyasha. I think I've had enough for today. I'm tired.” She wanted to go to her room. She just didn't want to carry on this conversation it was going nowhere.
“Kagome, I really didn't mean to hurt you. Kikyo wanted me to tell you. I just couldn't hurt you.” Inuyasha waited for her reaction.
“Inuyasha! SIT!” She took exaggerated breath before she walked up to his crumpled form. He was so stupid! He lied thinking he was saving her from being hurt and the lying was worse. He must have thought she was daft not to know he was with Kikyo, shit everyone knew.
“Inuyasha you're lying hurt me more than the truth ever could have. Your lying almost got me killed. That clay BITCH wanted me dead! I was beaten and sexually assaulted. She tried to kill me anyway. How heartless and cruel does someone have to be to want to harm someone who had been through what I've been through damn it? I loved you once but when I realized you would never feel the same, I got over it! I knew you were with her. I just thought you would tell me the truth. I deserved it. When I saw you with her, it hurt me badly not that you were with her it was just after so long I pushed it down the hurt of your lies. She just wanted to rub my face in it. She honestly thought I wanted you for myself. It was too much. I will not apologize for Sesshomaru killing her. He was protecting me. You remember like you promised me, but Sesshomaru isn't a liar.” Inuyasha was trying to come back to a standing position as she stormed past him he grabbed her arm. Her heart froze.
“SIT!” His grip was lost when the words left her lips. “Don't ever touch me again.” She left him there. Inuyasha was in shock. He felt a taste of her power. It actually scared him. Kikyo never had power like that.
 
 
Sesshomaru felt her power surging wildly. He felt her anger pricking him with thousands of pins and needles on his skin. He needed to go to her. He needed to calm her. Her aura sparked and sizzled the air around her. Servants in her path fled from her wake. When she reached her room, her power slammed that door to after she entered. She wanted to break something.
Her power was felt though the entire palace. Sango and Miroku felt it, they felt gripped by it, like corporeal hands squeezing them. This was bad. This is why they were here. Sesshomaru busted into Kagome's room. Her eyes met his and her fury was fully untamed. He flashed to her side he power burning his skin. It was painful to be near her but he had to help her. She reached up putting her hands on his chest, her tiny little hand glowed with immeasurable power. His skin blistered under her touch. She could smell his flesh burning. Her eyes looked into his, she knew she was hurting him she and couldn't stop. Her panic lit in her eyes, Sesshomaru wrapped his arm around her and hugged her tightly. Her power still raged. He held her tighter his flesh oozing blood through the bright white of his clothing. Kagome let out a heart wrenching half scream, half sob. It was the most agonized, haunted, shattering cry of torment he had ever heard. Her power faded slowly. Her body shook violently her legs grew weak. Sesshomaru was standing there holding her up, pressing hard against his wounded chest. She snapped back to reality when she felt his blood on he hands and smeared across her cheek. She hurt him. She found the strength in her legs and pushed him away. Her eyes filled with emotions Sesshomaru could not sort out. Kagome felt guilt, pain, sadness, and heart break all at once. Sesshomaru reached out for her, she looked at the damage she had caused to him and stepped away from him. He understood then, she was sorry for hurting him. He again stepped closer to her grasping her hand in his. He gave her his standard glare.
“Do you think me weak?” Sesshomaru's voice was cool and calming. She couldn't speak. Her heart was too far up in her throat. She felt like she could choke. She shook her head no. She hurt the one person she never though she could hurt.
“The wound will heal, and there will be no scar. It will be but a memory come sunrise.” He assured her.
Kagome was finding it hard to breathe. Sesshomaru listened to her gasps. He dropped her hand and raised his own to her face. She flinched. His heart set ablaze by the reaction. She though he was going to hit her. The look in his eyes told her different, but she couldn't help it. She thought he'd be so angry for burning him. Sesshomaru didn't let the flinch dissuade him, he touched her cheek and then leaned in and kissed her forehead. She felt relief fill her from head to toe. Sesshomaru felt her mood change and it pleased him. Kagome looked tired. Sesshomaru offered to have her dinner sent here to her room, she politely refused. He was a bit disappointed, he had come to enjoy their evening meals alone in her room. Kagome told him he better take care of his wounds, she normally would have offered but seeing him without a shirt made her afraid. She was afraid of feeling something for him. Sesshomaru let her free from his attention for a moment and walked to the door. Kagome's look stopped him from leaving. Kagome walked up to Sesshomaru stood on her tiptoes kissed his cheek and said. “I'm sorry.”