InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What doesn't kill us makes us stronger? ❯ Chapter 23 ( Chapter 23 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Inuyasha didn't like the way Kagome had been ignoring him so he decided to tell her how things were gonna be. Miroku and Sango tried to tell him not to press Kagome right now and then Shippo pointed out Inuyasha would do as he always had done. Shippo was right Inuyasha stormed out of the room mumbling something under his breath and went looking for Kagome. The others knew it was a mistake.
 
“Damn place is so big and she's been all over but I'll find her, I can smell her, she's this way.” Inuyasha sniffed the air and followed Kagome's scent the fact that Sesshomaru's was so close didn't faze him at all. All he could think of was Kagome. He was wrong to put Kikyo before Kagome, he should have seen that she had only become bitterer after her resurrection. Inuyasha had been kicking him self ever since Kagome found him with Kikyo. He thought how bad Kagome must be hurt after what Naraku did. Inuyasha only wanted things to be the way they always had been, Kagome back at his side hunting shards and yelling at him. His ears twitched as he found the source of Kagome's scent. `This must be her room. I smell that bastard Sesshomaru close too, why is his room next to Kagome's? That's weird since he hates humans so much. Guess his honor got the better of his hate.' Inuyasha put his hand on the door and pushed it open. He wasn't ready for what he saw. Kagome was standing there being held a bit too close to Sesshomaru.
 
“What the hell do you think you doing Sesshomaru? Get your claws off Kagome!” Inuyasha yelled as he drew his sword. Kagome stepped in front of Sesshomaru. “Inuyasha, stop. You have no right to be her. This is my room and his home. Maybe you should ask before just barging in to a room uninvited.” Inuyasha looked surprised. “Kagome you're defending this jerk, he is taking advantage you and your going to defend him.” Sesshomaru made a move toward Inuyasha but Kagome grabbed his sleeve. “Please Sesshomaru I know how it feels to be in Inuyasha's place, let me talk to him.” Sesshomaru took her hand in his. “As you wish Kagome. However know that I will be close and should the need arise, I will kill him.” Inuyasha snorted. “Yeah we'll see who will be killing who Sesshomaru if you touch her again.” Kagome turned to Inuyasha and spoke softly. “Inuyasha, sit.” Inuyasha came crashing to the floor. “What did you do that for you wench?” Kagome knew that Inuyasha had no manners but her patience for his denseness had long since passed. “ Inuyasha, first of all, this is Sesshomaru's home and we are all guests here, show some respect and gratefulness. Second, did you hear me protesting what Sesshomaru was doing? He was holding me, you're jealous, and now the shoe is on the other foot, I know how that feels and I'm sorry. Not sorry for letting Sesshomaru comfort and hold me, I'm sorry you found out the way you did. Inuyasha, I have felt that pain before, every time I found you with Kikyo. This isn't pay back I am not doing this to hurt you. I am doing this because I love him. Inuyasha, I love Sesshomaru and nothing you can say will change it. I was a fool to think your feelings for Kikyo would change I had no right to expect you to just stop loving her. It didn't make it hurt any less. I loved you once too, but I know that the love I felt wasn't true love, it was a schoolgirl crush, and you were my first love. I want to be your friend, I want to defeat Naraku, more now than ever. Your hate for Sesshomaru and his of you will have to find away to be resolved, I can't leave him Inuyasha, he means too much to me and I want to be back with Sango, Shippo, Miroku and you. I won't do it if you can't accept this. If you can't get past your anger and hate, I can't do this. I'm not saying to make a decision now but please try Inuyasha, understand, you and the others are my best friends. I need you all. But, I need Sesshomaru more.” Kagome stopped and waited for Inuyasha's answer. “Kagome, I love you and I will do whatever it takes to keep you with me. If that means pretending I like that half-brother bastard of mine, I will. You can't love him Kagome, he's just gonna hurt you but I'll be there, I'll be with you.”
 
Kagome knew Inuyasha wouldn't be able to process the fact that she was in love with Sesshomaru but she knew over time he'd realize it just as she had realized that he wasn't over Kikyo, even though it was too late to spare her feelings. It would be good to be with her friends again, but it would have to wait a bit longer Her training need to be completed and she wasn't sure she was ready to go out side the security of her home here with Sesshomaru. `Funny isn't it thinking of anywhere with Sesshomaru as home.' Kagome smiled and walked Inuyasha to the door. Sesshomaru had waited for them to finish, Inuyasha just glared at him and walked away heading back to the others. Sesshomaru captured Kagome's hand in his. “You were to gentle with him. He still thinks you will love him again.” Kagome looked directly in Sesshomaru's golden eyes. “I won't, there is no one who could take your place in my heart.” Sesshomaru gave Kagome's hand a soft squeeze. “Are you hungry?” Kagome smiled. “Actually I am.”
 
Inuyasha walked across the room passing his friends without a word. He plopped himself on the floor in front of the fire.
Sango couldn't help it she had to know what happened. “Inuyasha, did you find Kagome?” Inuyasha stared into the flames. “I found her alright, getting felt by Sesshomaru.” Miroku was now very interested in the conversation. “ What do you mean by getting felt Inuyasha?” Miroku asked with an eyebrow raised. Sango and the others let him explain and then just left it be for now. “Just what I said monk. I walked into her room and there she was being held by Sesshomaru. Her skin was flushed and I knew he'd done something to her. Kagome says she loves him and I have to accept it or she can't travel with us. So I have to pretend to like Sesshomaru and not say a word about them being together and when he breaks her heart I'll be waiting. How long could it take right, he hates humans.”