InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What Is Love Anyway? ❯ The Start Of Another Week ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
~~Chapter 1~~
~The Start of Another Week~


WHAT IS LOVE?


We all ask ourselves this question sometime in our life. But what is love? Do any of us really know the answer? Sure we all know how to describe love, and you could look it up in the dictionary but what is it really? Even now I don't think I know.


-=-0-=-0-=-0-=-0-=-0-=-


It had started out just like any other Monday morning.


BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!


THUD!


Kagome had once again thrown her alarm clock at the wall before rolling over and going back to sleep.


“Kagome get up or you’ll be late!” Her mother called from down stairs. Kagome groaned as she got up. ‘Mom’s right and I can’t afford to be late today.’ She walked over to her dresser and pulled out a blue t-shirt and a pair of jeans before heading for the shower. After finishing her shower she went to the mirror, staring at her reflection. Kagome wasn’t a girl you could call ugly, in fact most guys used the term drop dead gorgeous, though Kagome didn’t see herself as being all that pretty. At sixteen years old she was already quite developed, she had long black hair that went half way down her back and deep sapphire blue eyes. She was currently wearing a pair of tight low rider blue jeans and a baby blue t-shirt that hugged her chest. She sighed looking into the mirror before running a brush through her hair and heading down stairs.


“Breakfast is ready Kagome,” Her mother said as Kagome walked into the kitchen.


“Sorry, I don’t have time to eat I slept in and if I don’t hurry I’ll be late picking up Sango,” She replied before grabbing her backpack and car keys.


“Have a nice day honey,” Her mother called as Kagome slipped on her black flip flops and headed out the door.


“I will Mom,” she called before walking out the door and getting into her silver Mazda


When she pulled up to Sango’s house, Sango ran out and got into Kagome’s car. Sango had her dark brown hair pulled up into a ponytail, her hazel eyes sparkling mischievously. She sat down smoothing invisible wrinkles from her short black skirt and readjusting the strap of her light pink tank top, before saying “So what took you so long, was Kouga sticking his tongue down your throat again this morning.”


“No, I was up late last night studying with Kouga, that’s when he was sticking his tongue down my throat,” Kagome replied with a giggle. “Sorry though, I slept in. I’ll try to be on time tomorrow.”


“It’s ok I guess, since you won’t be late again,” Sango said.


“Do remember I only said I’d try to be on time,” Kagome said with a laugh, as she pulled away from Sango’s house.


“Oh don’t worry you’ll be time from now on,” Sango said with a smile.


“What makes you so sure. What are you a psychic now.” Kagome said jokingly.


“No I’m not a psychic, but I know you’ll be on time because if you aren’t I’ll pound you.” Sango said with a laugh as she hit her fist into her hand. Kagome looked at Sango out of the corner of her eye, she wasn’t so sure that Sango was joking. She sped up, ‘better not give Sango any reasons to hit me, she’s stronger than she looks and she kinda scares me.’




~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~= ~*~=~ *~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~
A/N:
Ok you may have noticed this isn’t the old chapter well I rewrote it because I didn’t like how it had turned out, so I hope you like this version better. I’ll try to update more often but I won’t be able to for a while my computers got a virus and I’ll be offline until it gets fixed, but with as slow as my brother is it may be a month or two. Well please review.
== == == == == == == == == ==
Final Thought from Kagome:
I really hope Sango’s joking.
==========
Blanket disclaimer for this fanfic (will apply to this and all other chapters in What Is Love Anyways?): I do not claim any rights to Inuyasha or the characters associated with the anime/manga. Those rights belong to Rumiko Takahashi, et al. I do offer my thanks to her for creating such vivid characters for me to terrorize.

~Sam~