InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What Lies Within ❯ And so it begins... ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

What Lies Within

Chapter One

And so it begins…

The door came crashing open, the handle smashing a hole through the plaster behind it.

Oh no...not again! Please...someone...

"Celia! Celia! Get your ass out here!" the stocky man screamed into the hallway, completely ignoring the young man huddled in the opposite corner of the living room.

A small woman crept into the room. Her once beautiful face now tired and drawn from the strain of her marriage to the yelling drunk before her. The soft brown eyes held nothing but fear as her husband began his ritual beating.

The young man sobbed, unable to stop his mother's "punishment". The last time he had tried... The shudder came unbidden. He had planned on staying pure until he was married. His father had raped both body and mind in one incestuous night.

A sickening crunch returned him to reality. Her bones were breaking. He had to do something!

"Dad! Stop! Please...she didn't do anything!"

He had spoken a moment too late. The snap of the fragile neck and the sickening thud as she fell told him his mother was dead. The father turned to his son, only one thing on his mind. Blood.

The boy failed to move quickly enough to escape his father's rough grasp. Two thick, gnarled hands wrapped around the boy's throat as he struggled: first to fight back, then for air.

...help us...

With a final apologetic glance at his mother's prone form, the son fell into unconsciousness.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Exhausted from the extensive battle, the young woman raised her head, listening intently. Heaving a deep-felt sigh, she summoned the last of her power, using only the smallest increment of her dwindling reserves to transport herself to the grisly sight awaiting her. The rest of her power she reserved for a unique individual.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Dark waves of hair cascaded over the broken body. The last remnants of a feeble rebellion. The young man groaned, barely able to open his eyes. He managed to pull the lids apart to see his mother's broken form. Dark eyes filled with tears. His chest screamed in searing pain. His father must have beat him even after he lost consciousness.

I'm dying...

The thought brought a small comfort. At least now both he and his mother would be free of their abused family life. Coming to terms with reality, he let himself go.

So, this is what one sees as they die...

The faint appearance of blue dust particles shimmered in the early morning light, slowly solidifying into the form of a woman. A pale blue light suffused her features as she bent over to gently kiss his forehead. Catching a glimpse of pale blue expanses of light flexing behind her, he smiled.

Wings... My angel. He closed his eyes and felt pain no more.