InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What The Future Holds ❯ The Wedding ( Chapter 18 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]







I don't own Inuyasha so please don't sue!

Chapter 17

The Wedding

Town of Kusamura, Late Summer 1545


The night before the wedding:

Kagome and Inuyasha attended a party in their honor to celebrate their nuptials. There were alot of people from the town that they had befriended and alot of children, who had grown to love Kagome and some of her modern games. The children wanted to see Kagome and gathered around her, and Kagome, a bit overwhelmed, suddenly started to say, "All right, All right, please guys, sit, sit, SIT, SIT DOWN!" she said, laughingly, but the only one who complied was her befuddled groom as he ended up getting slammed into the ground by the rosary around his neck.

Later that night, Inuyasha said to Kagome, "Kagome, PLEASE, do something about this subjugation necklace. I really can't take anymore sit commands - especially when they aren't aimed at me!" "But, Inuyasha," she said sadly, "It's my connection to you." "Connection?! Dammit woman - we're mated, you're having my pup, WE'RE GETTING MARRIED TOMORROW ... what more of a connection do you want?", he said, his voice getting soft. Kagome looked into his amber orbs and knew he was right. Why did she need the rosary anymore? She walked over to him and placed her hand on the necklace and closed her eyes. She opened her eyes and said, "There, Inuyasha," and she removed the necklace and placed it in his hands, "You're free." Closing his hand around the necklace, he took her in his arms and said, "No I'm not, I don't ever want to be free. Not from you." And he kissed her passionately on the lips.

************************************************************ ************************************************************************
The Wedding Day

Kagome was dressed in a beautiful green silk Chinese sarong with a gold embroidered cherry blossom tree wrapped around it. Her hair was left long with decorative barrettes in it. She walked down to the temple with her maids beside her. At the altar, she saw Inuyasha. He looked handsome. He was wearing a pair of white hakama pants that didn't gather at the bottom. He wore an off-white yukata with a royal blue kimono and obi. And around his neck ... "The rosary!", she thought, "He's wearing the rosary!" She looked at him, surprised, as she came face-to-face with him. "Inuyasha, you're wearing the rosary.", she whispered. Inuyasha whispered back, "It wasn't the necklace I disliked - it was the command.", he said, smiling.

The Mystic priest came to the altar and said some words, welcoming everyone to the ceremony. The bride and groom at a Mystic wedding are encouraged to write their vows, so the priest, so the priest asked if they were ready.

(A/N: Italicized words are words to songs - the first from Kagome's POV is 'From this moment on' by Shania Twain and the second from Inuyasha's POV is 'You'll be in my heart' by Phil Collins)

Kagome's POV

I do swear
That I'll always be there
I'd give anything, and everything
And I will always care
Through weakness and strength
Happiness and sorrow
For better for worse
I will love you
With every beat of my heart

"Inuyasha, I love you. I have always loved you. I swear I will be by your side forever. I will love you no matter what. I'll take you in sickness and health, for rich or for poor. I take all of you - demon, human and half-demon"

From this moment, life has begun
From this moment, you are the one
Right beside you is where I belong
From this moment on

"I know I belong with you - Fate has put me here and I accept my fate to be beside you forever."

From this moment, I have been blessed
I live only for your happiness
And for your love, I give my last breath
From this moment on

I want only you, my love. No other man could give me what you have given me. Your happiness is what matters to me."

I give my hand to you with all my heart
I can't wait to live my life with you
I can't wait to start
You and I will never be apart
My dreams came true because of you

"I have dreamt of this moment and never truly believed I would one day be standing here pledging to you my love, my honor, my fidelity."

From this moment, as long as I live
I will love you, I promise you this
There is nothing I wouldn't give
From this moment on

"I will hold you in my arms and in my heart forever. I will keep you a home safe and warm and I will bear and raise your pups."

You're the reason I believe in love
And you're the answer to my prayers from up above
All we need is just the two of us
My dreams came true because of you

"Inuyasha, will you consent to be my husband till death do we part?"

From this moment, as long as I live
I will love you, I promise you this
There is nothing I wouldn't give
From this moment on

Inuyasha looked at her with loving shining in his eyes. He swallowed a lump in his throat as he softly said, "Yes, I will."

Inuyasha's POV

Come stop your crying, it will be alright
Just take my hand, hold it tight
I will protect you from all around you
I will be here, don't you cry

"Kagome, I'm not good with words, but I did my best. Being here today is something I never imagined would happen. You are all my dreams come true. And I stand here today not as a half-demon, a demon, or a human, but as a man deeply in love."

For one so small, you seem so strong
My arms will hold you, keep you safe and warm
This bond between us can't be broken
I will be here don't you cry

"We have a bond between us that even time cannot come between. Your strength is my strength and you are my biggest weakness."

'Cause you'll be in my heart
Yes you'll be in my heart
From this day on, now and forever more
You'll be in my heart
No matter what they say
You'll be here in my heart
Always

"I love you more than life itself. I pledge my heart and soul to you. My love, my protection, my fidelity is yours and only yours."

Why can't they understand the way we feel
They just don't trust what they can't explain
I know we're different but, deep inside us
We're not that different at all

"I know as a half-demon I don't deserve to have you. I never have - and never will. The fact that you would have me is something I will never understand no matter how long I live."

And you'll be in my heart
Yes you'll be in my heart
From this day on, now and forever more

"I need you, want you, love you. I need you beside me - I need you in my life. I will never leave you. Even when we are apart we will still be together."

Don't listen to them 'cause what do they know
We need each other to have to hold
They'll see in time, I know
When destiny calls you, you must be strong
I may not be with you, but you got to hold on
They'll see in time, I know
We'll show them together

"Kagome, my destiny is with you and I, too, accept my fate. Will you consent to be my wife till death do we part?"

'Cause you'll be in my heart
Believe me, you'll be in my heart
I'll be there, from this day on, now and forever more
You'll be in my heart (You'll be here in my heart)
No matter what they say (I'll be with you)
You'll be here in my heart (I'll be there)
Always

Always, I'll be with you
I'll be there for you always
Always and always
Just look over your shoulder
Just look over your shoulder
Just look over your shoulder
I'll be there ... Always

By this time, Kagome was crying as she looked into Inuyasha's golden orbs. "Yes, Inuyasha, I will be your wife." She said through choked sobs.

The priest pronounced them married and they sealed their union with a kiss and a hug as the crowd erupted into cheers and their friends came up to congratulate them.

A/N: Ahhhh Love!! I love these two songs and when I hear them I think of Kagome and Inuyasha so I had to include the words in my story. Let me know what you think!!!