InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What The Future Holds ❯ A Hero Returns ( Chapter 28 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]



I don't own Inuyasha so please don't sue!
Chapter 27

A Hero Returns


The samurais stared as the head of their leader went flying. Inuyasha had, in one quick movement, flipped himself around as he swung the katana with his left arm, making solid contact with the Hun. The samurais looked at Inuyasha and saw, not the half-demon of before, but a frightful figure with red eyes and long fangs and claws. Inuyasha stared at his kill and said, his voice raspy, "Kiyoshi was the better man." With that he looked up and growled, "Anybody else want to take me on?" Having seen what they thought was a half dead warrior come back and kill their leader and with what stood before them now, the samurais backed away. "So without your leader you're chicken shit." he growled again. With that, Inuyasha took off, satisfied that he had accomplished his mission.

By the time he reached his home, he had let his demon blood recede. He was still bleeding, but nowhere near the amount before his demon blood had come to the surface. He sat the katana, dripping with the Hun's blood, outside on the porch, so as not to upset his wife. Everyone was in bed when he went in and he walked silently to his bedroom. He could tell by Kagome's breathing that she wasn't asleep. She sat up and lit a couple candles and was shocked when she saw the gaping wound in Inuyasha's stomach. "You're hurt!", she cried out, jumping up to get her medicines. He grabbed her and held her tight saying, "This? This is nothing." as he began nuzzling and kissing her neck, "But I'm getting blood on your yukata.", he said as he realized this. Always turned on anyway when he was sweating, Kagome purred, "It doesn't bother me. I'd bathe in your blood and sweat." In one quick movement, Inuyasha had Kagome flat on her back on the futon as he began pleasuring her.

After they shared pleasures, Inuyasha got up, leaving Kagome reeling in her bliss. He pulled on his pants and started to walk out. "Where are you going, my love?", Kagome asked curiously. "I'm going to draw some water. I want to take a hot bath." Inuyasha prepared his bath and got in for a long soak to soothe his muscles. As he soaked, he kept an eye on his wife, who by now was nursing a hungry wolf cub as an inu pup started to squirm nearby. He smiled at the sight.

He stayed in his bath until Kagome had finished nursing both pups and had gotten then back down to sleep. He got out and began drying himself off. Kagome found herself staring at the sight of her husband's body. His long, lean, muscular legs, his even more muscular torso, up to his handsome face and long silvery hair and the soft puppy ears. He noticed her staring and a cocky grin flitted across his face. Especially as he noticed her gaze continue to fall onto a certain part of his anatomy. "You like?", he said smugly as he walked with a swagger towards her. Giggling, Kagome said, "Shake it don't break it, dog boy." He settled in beside her and pulled her into his arms, a satisfied look on his face. They made love again as the two pups slept quietly nearby.

The next day, the word spread that Takagawa had been killed and the samurais had dispersed. The surrounding villages, demon tribes and the town celebrated as Inuyasha produced Kiyoshi's katana with Takagawa's dried blood on it. Takagawa had been a problem for the area for years before Inuyasha and Kagome arrived. And now the area was celebrating the end of the attacks. A huge celebration was planned to honor Inuyasha and the end of the war with the Hun. Although Inuyasha didn't feel like celebrating, Kagome insisted they attend the festival.

The festival was filled with food and music and it seemed everyone turned out even with snow all around. The party lasted into the night, until even the drunkards went home. Inuyasha and Kagome carried 8 exhausted pups home to bed before dropping into bed themselves. It had been a good day. Inuyasha thought about the future ... after the infants' naming ceremony they would be heading home to Mushashi.