InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When My Heart Told Me to Listen ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
When My Heart Told Me to Listen





Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and co. He belongs to the brilliant Rumiko Takahashi
AN: I uploaded this story sometime ago on another website. I'm not plagiarizing, but I did feel the need to finish this story.






Chapter One



The tears streamed down her face. Her heart was pounding, her mind was racing, and her head felt light and her hips hurt. God she just wanted to throw up at the memory as to why her hips were hurting.


'What was I thinking!? What was I doing!? What the hell was that!?' She felt something the moment their lips met. She didn't know why, but she did.


'Oh God! He's toying with me. He's messing with my head!!! It felt like the beginning!' The tears fell faster at this point. They blurred her vision as she walked. She didn't know where she was going she just knew she needed to go somewhere. She felt the pain in her heart. She felt the ice melting and it hurt.


'He likes someone else. He feels nothing towards me. What was I thinking!? Why am I thinking he would ever come back to me? He would never come back to me!' Her heart pained at this thought. Because you want him too. You want to be with him. You want to be the one that makes him happy and the one he brags about all the time. The one he would defend in a heart beat. Kagome chocked at this thought. She started running. Her vision blurred she ran. In no particular direction she just ran and ran. Then she tripped. And she made the inevitable connection with the ground as gravity brought her down. Kagome flinched when she heard the thunder and saw the lighting. She recoiled when she felt the rain pour down on her. And she sobbed with the rain. She felt the rain penetrate her soul, she felt her heart shatter into millions of pieces. And she cried, and cried, and cried.

*~*~*


"Kagome!!!" A frantic voiced yelled as piercing amber eyes searched the gray rain ridden streets for signs of a lone figure.


"KAGOME!!!!" He couldn't seem to find her. But he kept searching.

*~*~*


She heard her name; something was calling her out of her dark abyss. She heard her name again. She recognized that voice and the tears started up again. The pain riveted through her body she wanted to die right here. Right in the rain, in the mud, she was ready to die. But his voice reached out to her, beaconed her to keep going despite he was the reason why she was in her current state.


"Kagome!" He was closer. She knew it. She felt a hand touch her bur she was too weak to flinch. "Kagome look at you." She could hear the concern in his voice. Oh how she wondered if it was genuine. "Let's go Kagome." She felt her body be lifted from the ground and pulled against a much warmer object and her body shivered. "Let's get you home." She felt herself plunge right back into the abyss and she welcomed it with open arms.