InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When My Heart Told Me to Listen ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
When My Heart Told Me to Listen





Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and co. They belong to the brilliant Rumiko Takahashi





Chapter Three






"Sango I'm telling you I've never seen him look so...cold." Kagome expressed to her friend as she sat across from her on the couch. Sango looked at her friend with surprise in the apartment they shared. It was large enough they could avoid each other when necessary but small enough they stayed connected and not lonely. Kagome had done a good job decorating the place with bold colors that left an impression on whom ever stepped in. They current room they were sitting in was a deep indigo and brought attention to the cream colored couches that lined the living room.

"What do you mean cold? Inuyasha is anything but cold." Sango replied with the confusion staining her words.

"I know it's so weird, but that's what it was. His expression, the words that left his mouth, his tone, just cold. Almost like he didn't care." Kagome pulled her knees into her chest as she said those words. Sango emphasized with her friend.

"That's it" Kagome head shot up at Sango's tone of voice, fierce. "I'm mounting his ears on my wall as a trophy." To be honest she could, she regularly spared with the hanyou in question and knew that when it came down to it she could render him defenseless. However she knew she was not stupid in vying his true demon form so she refrained, however as she eyed her best friend, her Hirakoutsi looked tempting.

"Sango. Please don't" Kagome reached out to grab her friend's hand. "I'm sure he didn't mean it. He was just angry." She remarked, trying to convince herself as well.

"Kagome! I'm tired of seeing you like this. Every time you leave his house you looked so dead, so tired, so exhausted, and frankly if he doesn't stop I will MOUNT those ears! I don't care how cute you think they are." Sango replied in a factual manner. Kagome let out a deep sigh. "Kagome, why do you keep going back?" Sango asked her, desperately trying to understand what she saw in their friend.

"I keep thinking that maybe he'll see me more than what I am. That he'll see this as more than what it is. But then he calls her or she calls him and it's like I've been slapped in the face. I've fallen so far I don't know which way is up." Kagome's head went back down and Sango moved closer and wrapped her friend in her embrace.

"Who knows" Sango said looking down at her friend who found the carpeting more interesting for a moment. "Maybe one day he'll realize he's been chasing the wrong girl." Kagome looked up at her friend with hopeful eyes. "Who knows kags, alright." Sango finished glancing down at her, tightening her hug once again.


Two fuzzy white appendages flicked widely as their owner began to waken, shaking off the sleep that held him captive for some hours. Inuyasha yawned as his golden eyes flicked around the room. 'What the hell was her problem?' He asked himself as he took a sniff at his mattress, assaulting his nose with her lingering scent. He rolled around only to find a warm body next to him. 'What the-'

"Miroku!" Inuyasha shouted at his sleeping friend.

"5 more minutes." The houshi mumbled in his sleep. Inuyasha jabbed his friend with clawed finger in the ear, startling him. "Ah must you be so cruel. I've been asleep for 3 hours." Miroku said yawning. Inuyasha glanced at his clock, it read eight thirty.

"So you come into my bed, when your room is down the hall. Or better yet, when there are extra rooms!?" Miroku glanced at his childhood friend, what he said held volumes of truth.

"Uh" Miroku looked around the back to his friend beseechingly.

"Well monk, you gonna answer?" Inuyasha responded visibly annoyed with his friend you decided to cram his way into his warm wonderfully smelling bed.

"You're bed is comfortable my dear friend." Miroku replied with an innocent gleam in his eyes. Inuyasha's eyebrow shot up at this statement. He had selected this bed with such care he made sure it was soft, the other details like the sheets and down pillows he let the maids worry about that one. Although as of right now he wanted his friend off his bed.

"Miroku." Inuyasha started closing his mouth and clenching his teeth shut.

"Inuyasha, please don't be so-" before he could even finish, Inuyasha effectively shoved him off the bed. Miroku landed with a thud that echoed throughout the room. Inuyasha rolled back over not even bothering to glance down at his friend who was laying on the floor. 'That will teach him to climb in my bed with the disgusting scents he's picked up.' Inuyasha buried his nose back into his sheets finding her scent once again, claiming his riled nerves. "Must you be so cruel Inuyasha?" Miroku stated from the floor.
"Feh" Inuyasha pulled the duvet more securely around him, locking in the body heat and the scent. If only she stayed, I could smell it straight from the source.' Inuyasha smiled unconsciously into his blankets, hearing as Miroku finally picked himself off the floor and made his exit out the room. Claim what is yours. Mate. Inuyasha opened his eyes at this. "I can't, she's not my mate." He responded to the voice out loud. Then I will. He felt his beast retreat. 'What the hell does that mean!?' No answer. He grumbled incoherently to himself as he proceeded to return to sleep, effectively shutting out all other distractions focusing on only her scent. The scent that drove him wild with need.


Kagome sat her desk, in her office ready to slouch over in complete boredom. Despite the fact she had a corner office, with a great view, and tons of windows, she was bored. Kagome let out a sigh as she fingered the papers on her desk.

"There's nothing to do" she quietly mumbled letting her head fall back against her chair. She stared quietly at the ceiling, wishing to kami someone would call her phone, work phone cell phone didn't matter. "Someone please send me a text!" At that moment it was as if the gods decided to grant Kagome some mercy and her phone alerted her of a text. She squealed with unhidden excitement and brought up the text message not even bothering to look at the sender's name.

'Hey sexy, I wanna see you at 7 ;)' Kagome groaned at this. She knew exactly who it was. "What the hell does he want?" She grumbled at loud quickly sending a one word response.

'Why?' She put her phone down begrudgingly as she waited for his response. Her phone vibrated against the desk as she was glancing around her spacious office.

'Maybe I want to see you...' "Who the fuck does he think he's trying to fool?" Kagome said out loud her eyes going crossed eyed as she brought her phone closer to her in disbelief. "THIS GUY!" She shouted at no one in particular.

"What guy?" a woman said as she entered Kagome's office. Kagome looked at the woman her attention being diverted.

"Uh, hi Rin." Kagome begins to shift in her chair.

"Who?" Rin again questions, walking towards Kagome in her casual business attire. A knee length pencil skirt, and light satin orange shirt that graced her torso with care. Kagome looked at her long time friend and co-woker with unease. "Who are you talking about Kagome?" Rin stated with the utmost patience.

"Um..." Kagome started glancing at anything but Rin, who was trying to catch her eye.

"Was it Inuyasha?" Rin asked placing the papers and files she had in her arms on Kagome's desk, temporarily forgetting them. Kagome stammered. "You know you can tell me, I'm not going to go after those ears." Rin responded to Kagome sweetly.

"Yeah...it's him. Rin I don't know what else to do. He says one thing and does something that is completely different! How am I supposed to deal with this? I can't deal with this." With that Kagome rest her head against the desk, her shoulders sagging downwards, displaying her inward defeat.

"Well, why don't you just leave? Take a vacation. Go to Paris, Egypt, there's very little chance of him tracking you down there. Then you'll know if his affections are real if he comes searching for you. Meanwhile we'll hold you down here babe." Rin said smiling at her friend as she looked up at her with peaked interest.

"I don't know Rin..." Kagome said resting her cheek on the desk, facing the window and skyline.

"Yeah you do. You know what to test it. And besides this is the best way to move on from all of this. Even if you do love him." Rin said as she made a retreat.

"Huh? Who said love?" Kagome looked up searching the now empty room. 'Who said I loved him. He's so irritating and he swears he owns me. Treats me like I'm his property. Although I have to agree a trip doesn't sound too bad...

With that thought Kagome turned towards her desktop and began a search of plane tickets for a roundtrip adventure that would hopefully last long enough to distract her from life. She began looking at places starting from Europe, to Africa, America, South America, South Asia, and even Australia. She settled on Egypt. The idea of seeing a pyramid and crossing sand dunes, made her feel like it wasn't such a bad idea. "I could use some desert sun anyways." She was even tempted to book a one way ticket, stay there for a couple months come back when he forgot about her, hopefully. Either way she booked a round trip ticket to Egypt for 3 weeks that would be leaving tomorrow night. 'Hopefully I can be packed by then.'