InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When one door closes... ❯ ***Prologue*** ( Prologue )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

*Disclaimer* I do not own Inuyasha!, Inuyasha & co. belong to the illustrious Rumiko Takahashi and I am just borrowing them for your reading enjoyment.
 
 
 
****Prologue*****
 
 
A young woman walks alone though the woods, her blood is slowly running out of her. She just got into a fight with a panther demon, though she killed the demon the injuries that she received from her enemy were numerous. Wincing in pain she continues on her path not really knowing were she is going, though she knows she has to keep moving so she does not become easy prey for so other demon.
`ugh, I need to find somewhere to rest if I'm to heal from these wounds' thought the woman.
She had two large gouges in her right thigh, one long ugly gash across her back along with several nasty bite wounds on her shoulders and torso. She knew that the bite wounds contained poison; even now she could feel the sting of it as it started to course though her body. She would have to rest soon, or her injures would render her unconscious.
Just then she reached an open meadow, knowing this was probably the only place to rest, she decided to sit down and lean up against the old well in the middle. She hadn't sensed any strong demons for a little while, and could tell she was near a human village. With that she decided that she would rest here, using what little power she had left she erected a barrier around herself to protect her from attacks while she recuperated from her injures. `Hopefully no one will be able to break this' she thought to herself as she slipped into the darkness that started to engulf her.
 
Nearby, in the village, an old Miko sat in her small hut, thinking of all of the things that she would need to accomplish today. Looking down to the blanket near the fire, she watched as a young kitsun started to slowly wake from his slumber.
`poor child' thought the old miko `Its been 2 years, yet still when he sleeps he calls out to his mother, he misses her so'
Thinking back she could still remember those terrible events that led to him losing his young miko mother. If only she hadn't died that day, If only she would have held on just a little longer. With that thought and the lurch in heart she remembered what happened that day, the day that Kagome was taken from them.
 
 
 
 
 
*Sorry that was so short, a longer chapter will be out a little later today. Hope you enjoy. OH and please don't hate, I had to get rid of Kagome for the story to progress the way I want it to. Till the next chapter, Toodles*