InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When We First Met ❯ Lost Boy ( Chapter 31 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and gang. Rumiko Takahashi does.

When We First Met

Chapter 31

Lost Boy

The next morning, Kagome woke up to a slight wetness on her shoulder. She opened her eyes and turned around to see what it was. Inuyasha was still holding her and licking her shoulder. "I was wondering when you were going to wake up." Inuyasha said.

"I'd still be sleeping if it wasn't for you." Kagome stretched her arms and then realized she was still naked. Blushing she pulled the blanket up to cover her breasts.

Inuyasha chuckled at her shyness. "I've already seen them." He smiled.

"I know." Kagome said shyly. "How long have you been up?"

"For a while." Inuyasha said. "Even after last night I still don't need to sleep long."

Kagome's blush grew brighter after hearing his comment. She held the blanket around her body as she got up to get dressed. She paused when Inuyasha started talking.

"Miroku, Sango, and Shippo are headed this way." Inuyasha said.

"What?" Kagome yelled. "Stop them!"

Inuyasha was pushed out of the room. He laughed and walked out of the hut to see them. Shippo ran inside and sniffed for Kagome. As soon as he found her scent he ran into her room and shut the door. Inuyasha just stared after the kit to see if Kagome would scream. She didn't, all he heard was Shippo yapping about how much he missed her.

"Shippo was very eager to see Kagome today." Miroku said. "I know that smile."

"Shut up bouzo." Inuyasha growled.

"Where's Kagome?" Sango asked.

Kagome walked out of the room with Shippo in her arms. "I'm right here." She said.

Inuyasha hit Shippo on the head as soon as he was in distance. "Itai! What was that for?" Shippo rubbed the bump on his head.

"Because you ran in while she was getting dressed. Knock next time." Inuyasha whispered low enough for only him to hear.

"But-" Shippo began to say but was silenced when Inuyasha put his hand over his mouth.

"We'll talk about this later. Not in front of them." Inuyasha whispered again.

Shippo nodded and Inuyasha took his hand away from his mouth. They both then realized that Inuyasha was acting like a father scolding his son. Thoughts were interrupted when Miroku coughed.

"So, it seems Inuyasha has taken a fatherly role with Shippo." Miroku said.

"What are you talking about?" Kagome asked.

"Nothing. We just came by to drop Shippo off and see how the new hut is." Miroku said.

"Arigato for watching Shippo." Kagome said. "I'm going to go down to the river and take a bath. Want to come Sango?"

"Sure, it's a little hot out." Sango said.

"I want to come too." Shippo said.

"Me too!" Miroku said.

Everyone shot him a glare and he shrank back. "I was kidding." He laughed nervously.

"Be back in a little while." Kagome said.

As soon as they got to the river they stripped and walked into the water. Kagome and Sango leaned against a boulder while Shippo splashed around. Over the splashing noise Kagome thought she heard someone crying.

"Sango, do you hear that?" She asked.

"Hear what?" Sango asked.

Kagome grabbed Shippo and held him still. "Crying." She said.

All three of them could hear someone crying. It sounded like a little kid. They all looked where the sound was coming from. A little boy came from the forest next to them. He was dressed in old tattered clothing and had short hair. His eyes were puffy from crying and he looked like he'd been lost for days.

"Are you okay?" Kagome asked trying to cover as much of herself as she could.

"Okaa-san. I lost Okaa-san." He cried.

Kagome passed Shippo to Sango and moved a little closer to the little boy. "I'll help you find her." Kagome said. She walked out of the river water and got dressed quickly. "What's your name?"

"Mitsuo." The little boy said.

Kagome turned around to look at Sango and Shippo. "Don't worry, I'll take Shippo with me once we're dressed." Sango said.

"Arigato." Kagome said. She took the little boys hand and walked back towards the hut. "Are you hungry?"

"Hai." Mitsuo nodded and yawned.

"How long have you been lost?" Kagome asked.

"Three days I think." Mitsuo said. He staggered a little and almost tripped.

Kagome stopped and got down on her knees. "How about I carry you on my back? We still have a ways to go." She offered.

Mitsuo nodded and smiled a little bit before climbing on her back. It wasn't too long until he fell asleep.

Inuyasha turned around when he smelled Kagome coming his way. Sango and Shippo weren't with her. Someone else was. He sniffed the air, trying to find out who it was. He couldn't recognize the scent.

When Kagome came into view he walked up to her and saw a little boy on her back. "Who's that?" He asked.

Kagome shushed him and walked in the hut. Inuyasha looked at Miroku and walked into the hut. Miroku soon followed with Sango and Shippo afterwards. Kagome set him down to sleep in one of the rooms and went to cook some food for him.

"Kagome, who's that kid?" Inuyasha asked.

"We found him in the forest. Well more like he found us." Kagome said without looking up.

"He found you?" Inuyasha asked.

"We were bathing in the river and he came out of the forest." Kagome said.

"You were in the river when he found you?" Inuyasha asked. "He saw you naked?"

"He's just a little kid. It's not like he was staring at me." Kagome said. "His name is Mitsuo and he's been lost for three days."

"I wish I was that little kid." Miroku sighed.

Inuyasha growled and hit him. "I didn't mean so I could look at Kagome." Miroku held his hands up.

"So you just wanted to look at me instead?" Sango yelled.

"Quiet, you'll wake Mitsuo." Kagome scolded.

"Too late." Shippo said and pointed to Mitsuo.

"Gomen, we woke you up." Kagome walked over to him. She led him towards the fire and sat him down next to her.

"You didn't wake me up. I had a bad dream." Mitsuo rubbed his eyes.

"Where'd your Okaa-san disappear to?" Inuyasha asked gruffly.

Mitsuo moved closer to Kagome and instinctively held on to her. "That's Inuyasha, Sango, Miroku, and Shippo." Kagome pointed to each one as she said their name.

He did nothing and just clung to Kagome. "Well, the food is done, do you want some?" Kagome asked.

He nodded and released his hold on her but still stayed close. Kagome poured soup into bowls and then passed them around. When she gave the last bowl out Mitsuo, who moved to sit in Kagome's lap.

Inuyasha growled but a look from Kagome shut him up. He did not like this kid. He was worse than Shippo. For some reason he couldn't trust the kid. There was something...off about him. He couldn't figure out what it was.

Shippo also noticed something about him. It was different and didn't seem right. He shrugged it off as jealousy and continued to eat his soup. "Do you live around here Mitsuo?" He asked.

"I don't know." He said shyly.

"Can you tell us what happened? We might be able to help better if we know." Kagome said.

"..."

"Would you feel better if you just tell me?" Kagome asked.

He nodded and Kagome waited for him to finish his soup before going to the other room. "That little brat is annoying." Inuyasha mumbled.

"You're just jealous." Miroku said.

"Keh." Inuyasha said. "I still don't see why that little brat will only talk to Kagome."

"He must feel comfortable around Kagome." Sango said. "Look how fast Shippo took a liking to her."

"Kagome is really nice." Shippo said. "She understood me."

Kagome walked out of the room with Mitsuo. "He thinks he lives in your village Sango. Him and his Okaa-san were walking through the forest to find their lost dog and then he couldn't find her anymore." Kagome explained.

"I don't remember seeing him walking around the village." Sango said.

"Now that you mention it, neither have I." Miroku said.

"The least we can do is check if someone there knows him. If not, then that means he's not from your village." Kagome said.

"It's worth a shot." Miroku said.

~~~~~~~~~

Later in the day they found out that Mitsuo wasn't from Sango and Miroku's village. They looked forever to see if Mitsuo recognized anything and he didn't. They were all sitting in the hut thinking of what to do next.

"Maybe we should retrace his steps through the forest." Miroku suggested.

"That could work." Kagome said. "Mitsuo, can you show us where you were walking around before you found us?"

"Hai." Mitsuo said.

"Let's go then." Kagome said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Sorry it took so long to get this chapter out. I've been really busy. Hope you like it. Let me know what you think. Ja ne.

Thanks to my puppy slave for editing.

Thanks to readers and reviewers.