InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When Will It Be Me ❯ A Call Answered ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Italics = inner thoughts
Bold = lyrics
 
Thank you for taking the time to read my story.
 
Disclaimer: I shall never own Inuyasha or the song “When will it be me” by Yasmeen [sobs]
 
 
A woman of eighteen years emerges from the Bone Eater's Well. Her long, ebony tresses blow over her shoulder and into the ever blowing wind. It is well into the night but she couldn't wait until the morning to be with her friends and Inuyasha again. The doggy eared hanyou has stolen her heart since the day they met three long years ago. She heaves her humongous yellow bag out of the aging well and begins her short journey to Kaede's village.
 
Hmmm, I can't until I can see Shippo and the look on his sweet face when I give him his pocky. [laughs] He makes me so happy, he's like my son. [Sigh happily]
 
Kagome's thoughts lead her away from the village and towards a place where lovers begin to love once more. Down the path and through the trees lies a meadow with fireflies, soft moonlight, and complete tranquility.
 
What is this place? I have never seen such beauty! However, I hear talking; maybe they can tell me what exactly this place is and where it came from?
 
Kagome walks around a tree that is blocking the people and astounded by the sight that she sees.
 
Inuyasha….with…..Kikyo.
 
Love knocks on their door and walks right in.
 
Wait! The shock is getting to her. 3----2----1-
 
Three years! Three long years and he still want that smell of death and clay witch. I can't believe it! I loved him; I accepted him for he what he is and saved him from that Kaguya, not Kikyo. [Sigh heavily] Never wondering where that other shard detector might be. There they are, holding each other in tranquility, looking like true lovers.
 
Kikyo's dark ebony locks entwine with his moonlight tresses. The soul collectors glide around their bodies adding to their celestial glow within the peaceful forest.
 
When will I be loved?
 
Kikyo and Inuyasha. Nothing can break their love, not even 53 years, not even betrayal. I'm chasing a dream that never even started to run. I'm such a fool.
 
I want to the one, somebody's dreaming of.
 
I walk away, this time with no tears in my eyes. Instead my feet control my movements. I want to go home and forget all of this pain and torment like a true coward.
The well beckons me and I slip one leg over the edge. Should I forget everything and return tomorrow and forgive.
Not a care in the world, ignorant to all other things around except their lover's kiss.
 
When will it be me?
I don't want to be alone.
 
 
“Inuyasha? What about my reincarnation? Does she mean anything to you?”
 
“Never, you have my heart and soul; you always have. I will never leave you again. I swear to you. I never stop thinking about you; she was something to relieve the pain. Night and day, you are always on my mind. I will never leave you again.”
 
 
I want someone to love me for me!
 
I've never held a place in his heart. He never sees me for me but Kikyo. Stupid love, it shouldn't hurt so badly for something not real. Maybe I'll find the jewel shards on my own and kill Naraku and hopefully myself in the end. I want the pain to end; I never want to feel again.
 
“But first I need to find Naraku,” I say aloud.
 
“Maybe I can save you the trouble,” answers a voice that Kagome knows all too well.
 
“Naraku.”