InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When Will It Be Me ❯ A Dream ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Italics = inner thoughts
[…] = actions
[A/N:...] = short author's note
 
Sorry about the wait but it has been a winter storm here in the mid west and many people, including me, has lost power. So this chapter will be short and there will only be two this weekend, since I am using all of my laptop battery power. Sorry. Next weekend will better, I promise.
 
How about some reviews?
 
Thank you, naughtygrk for the wonderful review and no I don't have that problem. It must be something wrong with your site on your computer. You should ask mediaminer.org for some advice.
 
Disclaimer: never in a million years.
 
“Kagome, wake the hell up!” yells an annoying voice.
 
Kagome opens her eyes to see Inuyasha. Inuyasha but wasn't I just with Sesshoumaru? It was a dream? No! Kagome ignores Inuyasha's rant and breaks out in a run.
 
“Kagome!”
 
“Kagome!”
 
“Kagome!”
 
She passes all the trees and ignores everything around her. Nothing is more important than seeing her reflection. A river!
 
Kagome drops to her knees and pulls her shirt from her left shoulder hoping to see anything at all.
 
I'm almost scared to look. Come on, Kagome! Just look! A mark! Two puncture marks, teeth marks but who's are they? Sesshoumaru? Inuyasha? Kouga? Eww, maybe not Kouga.
 
[sigh]
 
Kagome remains at the river and wanders about her life. Her dream was more complete than her reality life. In her dream her knight in shining armor saved her from the evil wizard and gives her a happily ever after.
 
One day my prince will come and it will not be a dream.
 
*~~**~~*~~**~~*~~**~~*~~**~~*~~**~~*~~**~~*~~**~~*~~**~~*~~**~~*~ ~**
 
Two weeks have passed since Kagome's “dream” and sadly she has not been the same since then. Everyone has noticed Kagome's sad demeanor but they have given up on finding out why. The jewel hunt continues as the days grow colder and Kagome grows more distant.
 
My mark is evidently masked if Inuyasha has not gone crazy and Kouga still asks for my hand. I want to be away from them for a while; they act as if I will break with one push of a finger. I grow tired of them treating me like a child. I'm guardian of the jewel, damn it, and I refuse to stand for it anymore.
 
Kagome slowly decreases her pace and falls behind the group with them noticing and focuses on the nature around her.
 
The gray sky reflects the changing of seasons. Trees retreat into their slumber state until spring blooms the following year. Forest animals gather more food for their havens before the first snow falls. Birds are already gone to a warmer place for the winter. Nothing is more serene then the calming nature knowing that with death comes new life. The circle of life; something dies so that another can live.
 
The group continues to walk through the day until the sun finally rests behind the horizon and gives way for the moon, a new moon. A weakness for the inu hanyou but no one has a weakness unless they refuse to turn it into a strength.
 
A weakness it will remain, Inuyasha.
 
They come to rest in a small cave where a fire is already brewing in the center. The cave is cold but stable and luckily it seems deserted so the group does not have to worry about any late night visitors since they have one less of a fighter.
 
“Inuyasha,” a smooth voice calls from the entrance of the cave.
 
The group gathers their weapons into battle ready position as Sesshoumaru walks into the cave with only one way out.
 
“Sesshoumaru, why are you here?” Inuyasha inquires as he remains a safe distance away from his half brother.
 
“To collect what is rightfully mine.”
 
“You will not get Tetsusaiga!”
 
Sesshoumaru laughs darkly as if he is holding a secret that no one except for him. The lord looks at the members in the cave. Sango and Miroku are in their battle ready stances ready to pounce on Sesshoumaru as soon as he makes a move. Kilala has transformed into her true form with her saber teeth poised and ready. Shippo is scared out of his wits; his tail is shaking and his teeth are chattering rather noisily. Lastly, Kagome sitting on the cave floor with her back against the wall and her head cast down.
 
“Inuyasha,” another voice says his name, this time it is feminine.
 
“Kikyo.”
 
Well, here it comes. This is getting so old. I really want to sleep, this scene bores.
 
“You are human, Inuyasha,” Kikyo wisely observes. [A/N: I strongly dislike Kikyo]
 
Sango, Miroku, and Shippo whip their heads back and forth between Sesshoumaru and Kikyo wondering what the world has come to. Sesshoumaru and Kikyo are both here on the same night, what the seven is going on?
 
“Inuyasha, come with me and we will defeat Naraku side by side,” Kikyo sweetly pleads.
 
Kagome remains in her own thoughts not bothering to pay attention to what is being said not more than thirty feet away.
 
Why is Sesshoumaru here? Why do I have the sudden feeling to go to him? Hmm, I must really want to get away from Inuyasha.
 
“Yes, Kikyo. Join our group and we will defeat him together.”
 
“Inuyasha!”
 
“Inuyasha!”
 
“INUYASHA!”
 
Two humans and a fox demons mouths are hanging wide open, staring at Inuyasha in shock. Meanwhile, Sesshoumaru's eyes have not left Kagome's figure until she stands onto her feet and walks out the cave entrance without looking back.
 
“Inuyasha, how could you do that do to Kagome, she loves you?” Shippo screams and almost ready to cry.
 
Inuyasha's human side has always been kind to Kagome and thought of her when it came to deciding things. What is wrong with him this night or is there something seriously wrong with Kagome? Miroku's thoughts are similar to that of Sango's and Shippo's but not as thoughtful or deep as his.
 
“But I love Kikyo also and she isn't trying to pull me into hell with her. She wants to defeat Naraku also and I will not deny her that right.” Inuyasha walks to Kikyo's side, his black hair swaying back and forth and his violet eyes hold a determination until he looks out into the distance where Kagome disappeared only moments ago.
 
Did I do wrong?