InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Where Silence Meant Everything ❯ I Wish... ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~Chapter 6~
I Wish…
 
 
 
Sango's tears mingled with the water that was already on Kagome's body when she had gotten to her. Kagome was barely conscious when she had first seen her, and now her breathing was shallow, and Sango knew something was horribly wrong.
 
Sometimes… I hate myself…”
 
“Kagome-chan! Kagome-chan… wake up… onegai…” Her hot tears slipped over her stationary shoulder and over her heart. Seeing the trail of her tears, Sango let out another loud sob.
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Miroku quietly padded over to Sango and Kagome. He let out a small sigh upon seeing the two girls.
 
Part of him wanted to scream, yell and rant at Kagome for being so careless and letting Sango get so gaunt. The other part knew why she was starving herself, why she wouldn't wake in Sango's arms now.
 
“You saw Kikyou again, ne?”
 
InuYasha's curt nod was his only answer.
 
“Sango.” The girl's name made her head snap up to look at the young houshi. Her sobs didn't stop and Miroku had to push back the lump that threatened his throat.
 
Her ragged sob rang through his ears. “Miroku… do something...”
 
Suddenly, it seemed, Miroku was paralyzed. The one time his cajoling and level-headedness would have been useful, and he couldn't even move his lips to form a sound.
 
Again, Sango let out a soft whine and then another loud sob, burying her face back into her best friend's shoulder.
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
InuYasha's ear twitched. A light sobbing reached his ears, and in one swift move, InuYasha had his back straightened. Mindful of his precarious balance upon the tree branch, he leaned forward a bit.
 
`Shit.'
 
InuYasha knew something had just happened to Kagome, he just knew it, but he refused to run to her.
 
“Do you think he's with his… his…”
 
His resolve was steam rolled. He let himself gracefully land on his feet before running towards the hot springs. He could smell Miroku, Sango, and Kagome with the faint smell of death that was lingering on her.
 
It seemed that the corpse-smell had been lingering since Kikyou's soul was returned to her and she had stopped eating.
 
`Come to think of it, she hasn't eaten since Kikyou…'
 
His step faltered.
 
`Fuck.'
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Kagome was walking. She didn't know where she was going exactly, but her mind kept telling her to walk. Her body let out a heavy sigh and put a hand at her stomach. She was normal again.
 
Her stomach was slightly distended, almost. She looked beside her to see Shippou making light footsteps beside her, smiling largely. Kagome couldn't help but show her small smile in return. Shippou looked up at her and stopped walking.
 
“Chichi-ue wants you home soon…”
 
`Chichi-ue…?'
 
Despite her thoughts, she smiled. “Hai, Shippou-chan.”
 
Kagome was walking into Kaede's village. She recognized it, but something was off. She didn't exactly know what, but she dismissed the thought at Shippou's bright face.
 
“Shippou-chan?” He smiled and nodded at her. She continued. “Do you have any names yet?” Kagome watched as Shippou's face lit more, the huge smile adorning his face contented her.
 
It was like an out of body experience, she realized. She couldn't control her speech or her movements. She could see everything that she was doing as if she were just watching from afar.
 
“Remember how we used to go into all of those villages?” She smiled. “There was a really pretty girl in one of them. I'd like to name the baby, if it's a girl, after her. Koume.” His eyebrows drew down in concentration.
 
`Baby?'
 
“I think that's a pretty name. Shippu-chan? Do you miss how we used to travel?”
 
“Sometimes I miss Chichi-ue.”
 
“Me too, Shippou-chan, me too…”
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
Sango had finally been able to calm when InuYasha showed up, and lifted Kagome's limp and shaking form from the water.
 
InuYasha quickly instructed Miroku to care for the swollen-eyed Sango, and leapt off, toward Goshinboku. He stopped only to grab a fruit off of a neighboring tree to feed Kagome.
 
`If you die on me, girl…' InuYasha refused to let himself finish that thought. He let out a breath he hadn't realized he'd been holding. She was breathing.
 
InuYasha could hear it, shallow and laboured, but defiantly there. He squeezed her wrist and felt her pulsing blood under his finger tips. He let out another sigh, and shifted his body a bit.
 
He was sitting with his back against Goshinboku and Kagome's back was against his chest. He had his arms wrapped around her loosely, to keep her balanced.
 
“Come on, bitch…”
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
Sango's whole body ached. It had only been three days since she had stopped eating, and she was already dry retching at the mere smell of food. Miroku thought it was best to get something on her stomach, having her as upset as she had been. He's caught a small rabbit for the both of them, and she couldn't even force herself to eat it.
 
“I'm sorry, houshi-sama…” Her voice was strained, and she retched again. Miroku was standing over her slight frame, and holding her upright.
 
She watched him as his eyebrows drew together in, what seemed to be, a frustrated gesture. “Sango, you've nothing to be sorry about.” He let out a sigh. “This is what Kagome was doing out in the woods, you know. When she refused to let anyone come with her…”
 
“Just make her eat something, will you?”
 
The words made her retch harder, finally allowing fluids up her throat. Tears began streaming down her still swollen cheeks. She felt Miroku's arms strengthen around her. “I'm sorry…”
 
He shook his head, and tried laying her down.
 
She complied with no protest.
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
AN- So, you see, everyone regrets not saying a damn thing to poor Kagome-chan. Aw well, I think I'll allow another 20 chapters of pure angst before I allow any more lemons!
 
 
 
 
 
Just Kidding!
 
Thank you so much InuGrrl, you made me birth this chapter that much faster.
 
 
 
Disclaimer- I don't own InuYasha. That's all Takahashi's. Let's celebrate her. YAY!