InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Where the Sun Rises ❯ Checklist ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
AN: How exciting! The sequel begins. I apologize for the short chapter, but I'm still trying to figure everything out. I always have to deliver a quality story! Enjoy the chapter below and review if you can.
.................................................................. ........................................................................... ..................................................
Where the Sun Rises
Chapter One:
Checklist


On the highest cliff, there he stood. The sun was setting, and its orange rays stretched widely across the lands of the East. He couldn't help but marvel at its beauty; he couldn't wait to gain control over this enticing mass of land. He was as sure as ever that she would like it here.

'No, she'd love it here.' He nodded to himself in agreement.

He knew this quest could possibly be a long and arduous one, but he had no intention on abandoning his plan now. Returning to his mate without his claim on the Eastern Lands was not an option. He made her a promise, and he will make good on it.

But another sweeping glance over the forests and rivers he wished to rule made him sigh in slight intimidation. Finally, his rational thought took a second to arise and give him some things to think about. How could he conquer so much land? Sure, his brother told him what he had to do, but did he possess the heart to carry out such acts? He wasn't as cold-blooded as Sesshomaru, but apparently the youkai's actions paid off. He has a kingdom, and he protects innumerable lives. 'Isn't that what I want?' he asked himself. He wasn't sure; but he'd find out once his journey was complete.

Taking one last look over the land laid out before him, he prepared himself.

Task Number One: See who, if anyone, is in charge of this area already.

He took a deep breath, and headed out.

............................................................. ........................................................................... ........................................................................... ..........................


"Kagome! Shippo! Miroku! The food is ready!" Sango called from her spot in front of the hearth in Kaede's hut. She had placed several bowls and plates in a semicircle around the warming fire when she called for her friends. She had spent the day inside with Kaede to learn a few things about being a mate for when Inuyasha returned. Kaede began her teachings of the demon slayer in the domestic arts of sewing, cleaning things besides her weapons, and keeping a house clean enough for three inhabitants -- it's not just her and Kirara anymore. And after a day of all that, the newly attached woman desperately wanted to see everyone else.

"Hey Sango!" Shippo called as he entered the hut, with an exhausted Kagome and Miroku in tow. "What's for dinner?"

"A surprise," Sango answered, and had to quickly cover her mouth to hide a smile when she saw the dishoveled monk and miko. "What happened to you?"

"I never should have told Shippo about the game 'tag'," Kagome panted, sending the kitsune and evil glare. "I had no idea he was that fast and could fit into such tiny spaces."

"Yeah," Miroku agreed. "He ran us ragged when we were 'it'. Even the two of us chasing him wasn't enough to catch him. It goes without saying that we will never play that game again."

"Aww..." Shippo frowned as he sat next to the napping Kirara. "Maybe me and Kirara will play next time. She might be able to catch me."

Sango nodded as she handed him a bowl of steaming hot meat. "She might. She's a fast one."

The cheerful conversation continued as the friends ate, but suddenly Sango grew quiet. The others kept conversing until Miroku looked over and saw her clouded expression. He knew she was thinking about Inuyasha; her eyes told him so. "Inuyasha is fine, Sango," he told her, catching her attention.

"I know," she said solemnly, looking down at her hands. By now Kagome and Shippo stopped chattering and looked at her. "It's already been a month and I haven't heard anything from him. Could he at least come back and see me for a day or two?"

"Maybe he wants to make sure he has everything secured before coming back for you," Kagome suggested. "You know how he is. He won't give up until he gets what he wants."

"Yeah," she sighed wistfully. "But I still miss him."

"Me too."

............................................................ ........................................................................... ........................................................................... ...........................


"Is there anyone who rules this area?" the hanyou asked the shaking ferret demons.

"N-no," they shivered, clearly afraid of the dog demon who towered over them. "T-there's n-no one here. W-we rule ourselves."

"Really?" A positive sign. "How about further east?"

"We don't know. If we m-may ask, w-w-why do you want to know?"

He paused. He hadn't anticipated anyone asking him that. "I want to become ruler of the Eastern Lands. Will you help me?"

"Of course!" the ferrets perked up, now convinced the scary dog wouldn't hurt them as long as they did what he said. "What do you want us to do?"

"Tell every demon around here that I am gaining control of these lands. And if anyone wants to challenge me, then I will take them on."

The ferrets nodded fervishly. "Trying to take out any non-believers, huh?"

He snickered at their interpretation. "You got it."

"We're on it."

Task Number One completed.

Task Number Two: Spread the word.

........................................................................ ........................................................................... ..........................................

AN:
Well, there you have the very short Chapter One. I have planned out a great deal of this story, but I'm finding it hard to get into it. Perhaps Chapter Two will bring better luck. Review if you can, and onward and upward.